Klaus Lugmaier nominated for Seatrade Insider Award

Tomct

Hi Erna' date='

Thanks. A friend of mine just emailed me that she has tried 4x to vote but it wouldn't take. I had no trouble so I'll assume mine went through OK.[/quote']

Barb

The vote uses the email client on your PC (outlook etc.) to submitt and confirm email address. If you friend uses webmail (Hotmail, Gmail, etc) it will not work

Moments ago I received an email reminder from Seatrade Insider, reminding me that today is the last day to vote. Klaus is so deserving of such an award, I hope those who can do so will take the time to vote. In case Gallop is watching this thread and has an exit poll going, I voted for Klaus Lugmaier!!

Seatrade Insider:

http://www.cruise-community.com/

Tom' date='

Do you know what time voting ends today?[/quote']

Hi Barb:

None of the emails I received specified the time voting ended, but would guess, based on experience with some other websites that they may have used midnight Pacific time.

Marcus, your Highness, how nice to bump into you again.

We missed you on the Transatlantic this year, it wasn't the same.

Looks from all your interesting photos like you've been having good fun anyway.

We probably will not be NCL'ing for a while if at all but I like to have a look on here from time to time to find old friends and what they are doing.

Like you say in your post " the good old times". What ever happened to them?

So many members seem to have new names now, I miss Tanti, FlyingPirate and you in particular. Still see SnorklinBarb and Insidecabin appearing from time to time.

Good Luck and Happy Cruising to you and Mom!

• 1 month later...

I have not seen it posted on this board, but it is my understanding that Klaus did not win the award many of us feel he so deserved.

"At the recent awards presentation in Venice, Laurent Monsaingeon, president of MedCruise 2005-2008, was named Seatrade Mediterranean Cruise Personality of the Year, selected by Seatrade from nominations received, whilst Seatrade Insider readers voted Cunard Line’s John Duffy, hotel manager of QE2, the Sea Going Employee of the Year. The other winners were selected by an international team of judges comprised of key cruise industry figures."

I have not seen it posted on this board, but it is my understanding that Klaus did not win the award many of us feel he so deserved.

"At the recent awards presentation in Venice, Laurent Monsaingeon, president of MedCruise 2005-2008, was named Seatrade Mediterranean Cruise Personality of the Year, selected by Seatrade from nominations received, whilst Seatrade Insider readers voted Cunard Line’s John Duffy, hotel manager of QE2, the Sea Going Employee of the Year. The other winners were selected by an international team of judges comprised of key cruise industry figures."

Honestly I worked with him and he is 3rd class to Klaus Lugmaier!

Honestly I worked with him and he is 3rd class to Klaus Lugmaier!

I suspect there was a large contingent of votes from CHICAGO!!

I also suspect that most if not all online polls are flawed, and for the most part, voters understand that the final outcome must be taken with a grain of salt. It is so unfortunate in this case that we will never know the validity of this one.

After experiencing the outstanding efforts of Mr. Lugmaier for a number of years, on cruises he has been on with us, as well as some communication with him through a mutual friend, it is difficult to imagine anyone performing his job any better. I'd give benefit to the doubt that he may have an equal, but doubt there is one better. Add to that the enormous responsibility he took on this past year in rolling out the Freestyle upgrades to the entire fleet, and that pretty much minimizes or eliminates any worth competitor. Frankly I have not clearly read the resume or nomination notes on Mr. Duffy, but will make a point to do so. I'm sure it will not change my mind.

Lastly I would like to add that a former NCL Hotel Director who I'm sure is familiar to many CC'ers, is James Deering. Though I doubt his work this year would top that of Klaus, he was a legendary figure here on the board when I first came along in 2002. We sailed with him on our first cruise, and though we had no personal contact with him, we loved that experience so much that we never look seriously beyond NCL for our cruise considerations. Mr. Deering did contact me after the cruise via the board, to solicit some personal feedback form me, and that's how I first realized how important a dedicated HD can be.

I'm sure Klaus is not as concerned with the results of this award as many of us are, but it is unfortunate nonetheless.

Thanks again Klaus for all you do, we surely appreciate it!!

Lastly I would like to add that a former NCL Hotel Director who I'm sure is familiar to many CC'ers, is James Deering. Though I doubt his work this year would top that of Klaus, he was a legendary figure here on the board when I first came along in 2002. We sailed with him on our first cruise, and though we had no personal contact with him, we loved that experience so much that we never look seriously beyond NCL for our cruise considerations. Mr. Deering did contact me after the cruise via the board, to solicit some personal feedback form me, and that's how I first realized how important a dedicated HD can be.

Hi, Tom!

Totally agreed! Mr. Deering was the HD on the last (non-NCL) cruise we were on, and he was ~great~! He spent an hour sitting with our little meet-n-greet group, talking extensively about the ship, about new things the line was rolling out, taking our questions. He didn't leave until we didn't have any more questions! :p

... but my heart will always belong to Klaus. :D He certainly gets top billing in my book for being able to be everywhere at once, maintaining very high public visibility, and great customer relations.

Archived