MSC ALCOHOL POLICY & Coke Card

Shocker

I am traveling on the Msc Orchestra out of Fort Lauderdale. Does anyone know who has sailed on the Lirica if they allow carry on wine like other lines do. If so how much, Holland its whatever you can carry, Carnival is 2 bottles. Also do they have Soda cards for sale for the 7 days and how much are those for kids.

Thank you to all who respond in advance.

I am traveling on the Msc Orchestra out of Fort Lauderdale. Does anyone know who has sailed on the Lirica if they allow carry on wine like other lines do. If so how much, Holland its whatever you can carry, Carnival is 2 bottles. Also do they have Soda cards for sale for the 7 days and how much are those for kids.

Thank you to all who respond in advance.

From: http://www.msccruisesusa.com/guidaallacrociera/default.asp?guida_id=10&page_id=398

Q:New Food & Beverage regulation

A:In order to ensure our health and security standards, starting November 1st 2008, it will be strictly forbidden to bring food and beverage onboard the vessels of our fleet.

In compliance with this regulation and in order to guarantee the above standards, during embarkation a careful check control will be carried out through all passengers luggage.

In order to facilitate the embarkation process, we ask that you please avoid bringing any food and beverage or transporting any food and beverage as part of your luggage.

Please note below a list of the items that are allowed:

1. Personal hygiene products: toothpaste, cleansing products, lotions.
  2. Fluid medications for therapeutic use.
  3. Baby gear and baby food items.
  4. Dietary items: prescribed by a physician.

Any local or “ typical “ food item purchased during the cruise in any port of call will be collected and returned at the end of the cruise.

This sounds pretty strict. I have no idea how strictly they will enforce this rule, or how easy it will be to smuggle beverages aboard. We're sailing on Orchestra in April.

I have no idea about the soda card.

Paul

On MSC you buy a soda package...

http://www.msccruisesagent.com/MENUS/Caribbean_Martini_Bar.pdf

MSC

JUNIOR CARD $ 28.00

An offer for our youngest guests:

5 virgin delights and 5 sodas.

MSC

HONEYMOONERS CARD $ 56.00

A perfect offer for the couples: 2 cocktails with alcohol, 6 virgin delights

and a bottle of Asti Spumante served to your cabin with 2 elegant MSC

flutes, Your cruise souvenir.

MSC

SODA PACKAGE $ 25.00

14 cans of soda

MSC

BEER PACKAGE

14 small draft beers 7 oz $ 33.00

14 large draft beers 14 oz $ 57.00

A Service Charge is included

Hi everyone,

just read about the beverage packages on MSC cruises. Does anyone know if these are general packages that I could purchase before sailing and from anywhere or is this just an offer for the US market? I'm German, sailing from Germany and so far the travel agent only told me about a wine package which is not really cheap eiter :confused:

Thanks for any advice :)

Thanks for the information, I am sailing in Jan. on the ship. If you want I will let you know how strict the enforcement of this policy is. It looks like it is all money driven as a bottle of wine I bring on is not going to cause a disease outbreak on the ship any more than the bottle of wine they sell.

Hi everyone,

just read about the beverage packages on MSC cruises. Does anyone know if these are general packages that I could purchase before sailing and from anywhere or is this just an offer for the US market? I'm German, sailing from Germany and so far the travel agent only told me about a wine package which is not really cheap eiter :confused:

Thanks for any advice :)

The offers are available to everyone onboard. they are listed in the info you get at embarkation and also at the back of bar menus. You can purchase them in the restaurant or at any bar. As far as I'm aware, we Europeans can't pre book the drinks packges but I'm not sure there is any price advantage in doing so anyway. the prices that I've seen quoted for packages seem to be very similar to what I've paid onboard. there are also daily promotions on cocktails, non alcholic drinks etc that are just avaialable on the day, so perhaps it's not such a great idea to purchase everything in advance unless of course you want to know it's already all paid for

This is very troubling to me. My primary vice is Diet Pepsi, and I intended to do what I have done on past cruises... carry on a few 2 liter bottles of it. If this is indeed the policy, it will be my first and last MSC cruise. I hope folks will post their experiences related to the policy in the next few weeks.

Thanks!

I have just returned from a 11 day Mediteranean cruise on the Orchestra. We brought a 12 pack of soda with us on the first day along with a couple bottles of water, a big bottle of Baileys, and 2 bottles of wine. No questions asked, went straight thru security, and the cruise started on Nov 3rd, so im not so sure this policy is being enforced. They did have diet pepsi on board, but in Europe it is called Pepsi Light, it was 2.85 euro's per can. Might be different when it comes to North America.

• 3 months later...

Hello,

I saw some earlier threads about the question of alcohol making it past the screen once Orchestra came to the US. Any experience with this? I am going on a cruise next week and am wondering how much/what I can get away with bringing. My DH is a wine drinker so I plan on buying some on board but would like to supplement with some of our own.

Any feedback would be helpful!

Archived