Which ship is the GOP sailing on?

Sayyadina

We figured out yesterday on the RCCL board that it was the Eurodam. Somebody googled it and found the booking info. Plus Eurodam was the only ship that sailed out of Ft. Lauderdale, visited San Juan on Tuesday, and was going to Grand Turk.

There are about 600 of them on board -- not a charter.

700, I think. Sounds interesting.

BTW, I just read there's a group on the 2/2 Noordam cruise. No wonder the roll call is small. :eek: Northwest Anesthesia Seminars, or something like that.

I lifted this from the National Review website:

"Time to make up for neglected travel-hawking: there are now over 120 cabins booked on the National Review 2008 Post-Election Cruise. You must join us for the great trip, scheduled for November 8-15 on Holland America Line’s new Eurodam".

They also did a cruise this past April and have another planned for the spring.

... BTW, I just read there's a group on the 2/2 Noordam cruise. No wonder the roll call is small. :eek: Northwest Anesthesia Seminars, or something like that.

Well, THAT's not gonna help the misguided notion some people have about HAL being a more "sedate" line!!! ;)

Well, THAT's not gonna help the misguided notion some people have about HAL being a more "sedate" line!!! ;)

:D :D Most of the medical conferences are fairly small groups. Sometimes they're larger but often about 100 or less.

I lifted this from the National Review website:

"Time to make up for neglected travel-hawking: there are now over 120 cabins booked on the National Review 2008 Post-Election Cruise. You must join us for the great trip, scheduled for November 8-15 on Holland America Line’s new Eurodam".

They also did a cruise this past April and have another planned for the spring.

And, they have one planned on the Noordam in July.

:D :D Most of the medical conferences are fairly small groups. Sometimes they're larger but often about 100 or less.

The same group was aboard our Maasdam cruise from Montreal to FLL. They are big spenders in the bars in the evenings (at least the 10 or so that I met up with in the Crow's Nest), but I would venture a guess that the others on the cruise didn't even know that they were there. They only had some seminars on sea days and other than that, it was a way to on on vacation for these people that was partially funded by their employers at home :D The whole group was about 30 people. The upcoming one might be bigger in terms of participants, but I doubt that their activities will impact anyone else.

By coincidence, the liberal group mentioned in the above article, The Nation, is also sailing on HAL: December 14, Westerdam.

So, it seems both sides of the political equation can agree on HAL :D

I'm on this cruise but not a part of The Nation. Any thoughts on how the group could impact this cruise? Or anyone have previous experience with this groups cruise history?

I'm on this cruise but not a part of The Nation. Any thoughts on how the group could impact this cruise? Or anyone have previous experience with this groups cruise history?

Here's the link to the cruise info - sounds like a fairly large group.

http://www.nationcruise.com/index.htm

They seem to have booked up the Main (8:00) Upper dining. There were cabins in all levels and they have a waiting list for all of the cabins. On the site, there is also a link to a past cruise, giving the schedule of events. Probably will be a happier cruise than the National Review one.:rolleyes:

We have a group booked on our 2/1 Westerdam cruise, of older gay men and their younger admirers..... We are 2 straight couples, but I told my buddy that we travel with, who always introduces me as his MUCH older friend (we are a day apart in age) that he could be MY younger admirer this trip.

Archived