What did you do in Puerto Vallarta?

secordwest

What did you do in Puerto Vallarta?

We will be on the Pride in January, 2005 and will have a full day in PV.
We would like to get the most out of our day in PV so please share with us you experiences along with any internet sights you may know of, for tours etc.
We have been on a few cruises and have participate in the ships shore excisions as well as going solo without any trouble, so either way is ok with us.
We speak some Spanish, enough to get us in trouble, but also enough to get buy.
We usually have some sort of plan before leaving on our cruise but PV has us stumped, please help.

We own property there and go a few times a year. I have never cruised there. We have probably been to most of the attractions/sites. What excursions are you interested in and I'll give you my thoughts. Time frames would also be helpful.
PG

We did the canopy tour through the ship and really loved it!! One of the best excursions I've ever done. My husband in particular had a great time. I'm afraid of heights, so I was scared, but had fun the whole time. The Unimog trip out there was fun too. Road gradually gets smaller and smaller until you are on a dirt road in the jungle. Pretty cool.

We went to Krystal Resort. It was a ten minute walk from the ship. It is free to get in. We hung by the pool for about 4 and a half hours. We bought drinks and no one bothered us. They were very aware that we were from the Pride.
We then went shopping and returned to the ship to take showers, eat and went back into town to Senor Frogs.

Have a great time on the Pride.

[url]http://www.vallarta-adventures.com/english/las_caletas.html[/url]

Las Caletas is a very nice place, been there several times. There are activities available that are diverse. Diving, snorkeling (not the best anywhere in the Pacific), beach, nice lunch, Great Spa on a cliff, basically no shopping, and all the usual (non-powered) water toys etc. It is a beautiful place. It used to be John Houston's house. They have an evening theatre preformance the is outstanding however I don't think you have the time.

I don't recommend Yalapa, BORING! Just a nice long boat ride.

Now thats a GREAT idea! Our place is in Nuevo Vallarta, Paradise Village. We were there a few months ago. I never go in the summer (rainy season, bugs that need a leash!) But Spring in Vallarta is something to see! Also whale's everywhere.

We booked an excursion right at the dock. It was $40 per person and included continental breakfast (which we didn't eat because we ate on the ship), snorkeling at Los Arcos, beach time at Yelapa (a place you can only get to by boat), lunch on the way back to Puerta Vallarta (on the boat - chicken, beans and rice, etc.), and tequilla and music. At Yelapa, we paid an additional $10, per person, for a horseback ride to the waterfall (small waterfall, but very nice horseback ride through the town and up to the falls). We got back to the ship just in time for our dinner (5:45 seating).

How about in January is it to cold to swim with the dolphins?
Also how about snorkeling is there rough wave action at this time of year?
We live in San Diego and in winter we have cold water and sometimes big waves.
We would love to do both of the above but unsure.

I have never been there in January but I have been there in December and Banderes bay was VERY wavy! To the point of black flag's posted. Definitely not snorkel time. I believe at that time we stayed on the south end of the bay by Los Arcos. Whale watching would be awesome at that time! The water was chilly.

DH and I rented a convertible at the pier and drove from one end of the bay to the other. It was beautiful. We had a wonderful lunch at Le Kliff ([url]www.lekliff.com[/url]) overlooking the ocean. We had a great time.

Archived