Perks for suites?

Suni99

I have a question in regard to the tipping; can you, or anyone, give us an idea for the tipping of the butler and concierge?

FH and I are seriously considering upgrading from a balcony to an AE (we're about 99.9% sure we are going to do this) and, like previously mentioned, searching for info on the threads is hit or miss.

what is FH-former hubby, fat hubby, foolish hubby or faithful hubby?

That is true and I actually forgot about that one :confused::p but I am hoping that a newer ship takes over service for the Majesty when it's retired. I haven't really given a lot of thought to Bermuda either....the next cruise we do will be the Panama Canal and we are planning to said Princess for that one due to the choices in itinerary. That won't be until sometime in 2011 though.

The Majesty does.

First--thanks ALL for the great help! I have seen people flamed for not going to the boards first but it just was not to be and time is SHORT!

We leave on Monday-catch the JADE out of Barcelona on TUES for a 12 day Med cruise! OMG 12 days of pampering -I may never come home!

THANK GOD they are NOT going to upack for me--thanks for making me feel better about THAT---I too don't want anyonelse putting away my undies:o

Ok I think I have absorbed most of this--one more question p-l-e-a-s-e??

As far as meals- I understand about breakfast and lunch in cagneys.Way COOL! DId I see somewhere that you can order dinner from the restaurants and Butler will set it up in your room or is that for above this cat? I actually hope NOT cuz now hubby is saying- hey- now we never have to go out to the venues and eat- we will stay in our room every meal. Ok fine- there go my cute clothes!

OMG- I am just too too exciting- how will I ever sleep. TEN cruises and finally I get to be really really pampered! SIGH:D

First--thanks ALL for the great help! I have seen people flamed for not going to the boards first but it just was not to be and time is SHORT!

We leave on Monday-catch the JADE out of Barcelona on TUES for a 12 day Med cruise! OMG 12 days of pampering -I may never come home!

THANK GOD they are NOT going to upack for me--thanks for making me feel better about THAT---I too don't want anyonelse putting away my undies:o

As far as meals- I understand about breakfast and lunch in cagneys.Way COOL! DId I see somewhere that you can order dinner from the restaurants and Butler will set it up in your room or is that for above this cat? I actually hope NOT cuz now hubby is saying- hey- now we never have to go out to the venues and eat- we will stay in our room every meal. Ok fine- there go my cute clothes!

OMG- I am just too too exciting- how will I ever sleep. TEN cruises and finally I get to be really really pampered! SIGH:D

Yes you can. You can have the butler serve breakfast, lunch & dinner in your cabin if you widh. If you order from a Specialty Restaurant, you have to pay the cover as if you ate there.

Have a great cruise

Happy Cruising

Do you pay the cover charge (or whatever it's called) for breakfast and lunch at Cagney's? I know you do when you eat there for dinner, but wondered if it's different for the other two meals offered to suite guests.

. Gosh- we are not "fancy" people-my hubby says it will be like the Beverly Hillbillies coming to the penthouse:D Thats ok-we will have fun!

I'm so glad to hear that someone else feels this way... we are definitely not "fancy" people either and I've been wondering if we would feel out of place. From the things I've read here on the board I think there are plenty of people like us that feel the same way.

I said this same thing to my best friend... except I was saying, "Yay! We never have to get dressed up!". She made me promise at least 2 meals in a nice dining room! :D

Do you pay the cover charge (or whatever it's called) for breakfast and lunch at Cagney's? I know you do when you eat there for dinner, but wondered if it's different for the other two meals offered to suite guests.

Cover charge is only at dinner and only suite guests can use Cagneys for breakfast and lunch. You will enjoy it!:D

Cover charge is only at dinner and only suite guests can use Cagneys for breakfast and lunch. You will enjoy it!:D

Great! Now, what kind of food does Cagney's serve? I've heard so many good things about it and can't wait to try it.

Speaking of food... can you see menus online for the restaurants on specific ships? (i.e. The Jewel)

WOW, now I am jealous!;) TWELVE DAYS!:eek::D You're right, you are not going to want to return! Please return to CC and spill it all about the Med itinerary! I was thinking about this cruise and just posted about it. Having lived in Europe (but with a young family, so travel didn't happen often!), I just don't know if it would be enough time in a particular place for me, so I am really hesitant about a cruise there.

Do NOT want to take all your meals in the room...Cagneys is beautiful, not to mention all the other venues to chose from! We positively loved all the choices that were on the Sky. Enjoy your time on the ship and come back and give us all the details! There is a woman sitting in Maryland tonight totally envious of you!;)

Great! Now, what kind of food does Cagney's serve? I've heard so many good things about it and can't wait to try it.

Speaking of food... can you see menus online for the restaurants on specific ships? (i.e. The Jewel)

The first one is for the Dawn, but more than likely they are the same as the Jewel. I couldn't find a lunch menu for Cagney's but posibly someone else might know where one is.

http://travel.webshots.com/album/560294273AFrLxC

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2774639530051977359hSgWSp

WOW, now I am jealous!;) TWELVE DAYS!:eek::D You're right, you are not going to want to return! Please return to CC and spill it all about the Med itinerary! I was thinking about this cruise and just posted about it. Having lived in Europe (but with a young family, so travel didn't happen often!), I just don't know if it would be enough time in a particular place for me, so I am really hesitant about a cruise there.

Do NOT want to take all your meals in the room...Cagneys is beautiful, not to mention all the other venues to chose from! We positively loved all the choices that were on the Sky. Enjoy your time on the ship and come back and give us all the details! There is a woman sitting in Maryland tonight totally envious of you!;)

I definitely will return and report in! I will post here on the NCL board and maybe do a "positive" I hope I hope review on the review section! Yes it is VERY port intensive and I know I will not get to experience MUCH at each place but I will shove as much as I can into each day!

Believe me- I DO NOT want to eat all meals in our room and I will twist DH's arm to do at least half in the restaurants. He HATES lines and HATES waiting and HATES talking to strangers. hmmmmm Now WHY am I going on this with him and not a best friend? Let me think about this!

One day and a wake up and we are off on our adventure:D

I definitely will return and report in! I will post here on the NCL board and maybe do a "positive" I hope I hope review on the review section! Yes it is VERY port intensive and I know I will not get to experience MUCH at each place but I will shove as much as I can into each day!

Believe me- I DO NOT want to eat all meals in our room and I will twist DH's arm to do at least half in the restaurants. He HATES lines and HATES waiting and HATES talking to strangers. hmmmmm Now WHY am I going on this with him and not a best friend? Let me think about this!

It will certainly be a trip of a lifetime...I love Europe....always have! I am very adventurous and love to visit the small villages where many people don't speak as much English. I have always just taken a phrase book and menu master with me and it's all been good!:D It is the reason though I am not sure I would be happy with the cruise....still thinking about it though!

You won't have to worry about lines for breakfast and lunch if you have it at Cagney's. There will be a little bit of a wait for your main course, but there is lox and bagels, muesli, meats, cheeses, croissants, fruits and other tasty treats to keep you busy until you get your breakfast! I am sure lunch will be just as wonderful! I think DH will have a great time...and best of all you can sit by yourself if that is what he likes!

Bon Voyage Karen!:)

Hint:

Have the Concierge make reservations for any restaurant you want to dine in. It can be done. Then there's no line or wait.

Happy Cruising,

Monty

Can suite guests invite nonsuite guest to dine with them at Cagney's?

No, sorry.

Just to add to the other comments about Cagney's breakfast... I loved the salmon fritatta and the steak and eggs. The steak was a small filet, cooked to order and so tender that I always cut it with a fork for the first cut, just because I could.

We had breakfast in our rooms twice out of 19 days, but found that we enjoyed Cagney's with the view and seeing friends much more. Even the couple that said one of the big things they enjoyed about a suite was always eating breakfast in their room, ended up in Cagney's being sociable.

Archived