Biscayne Bay or Bayside Market

wishful thinking

I'm looking for a hotel post cruise for 1 night (March 2009). Been looking for weeks and my head is spinning!! Think I've narrowed it down to just 2 - Best Western on the Bay Inn & Marina or Holiday Inn Port of Miami. What opinions do you have of these choices? Can you guide me to one or the other? Can't make my mind up whether to visit Bayside Market or chill out in Biscayne Bay. Pleeeeease help. Thanks in anticipation. :confused:

Have stayed at the Holiday Inn POM - I'm afraid my review isn't that favorable, nor is Bayside Marketplace "all that". I would probably stay there pre-cruise, but not post-cruise. I don't think it's all that important to be near the pier afterward, is all. Bayside is a nice place to visit when you have some time to kill pre-cruise, but it's really just a mall with entertainment, basically. It's definitely not somewhere I would plan my stay around, if you know what I mean.

If you don't end up staying at HI POM and you feel you have to go to Bayside, I'm sure you could take a cab there from wherever you decide to stay.

Perhaps someone else can guide you further, but personally, I wouldn't stay at Holiday Inn POM unless I absolutely had to. The rush and the buzz is all fine pre-cruise because you're so excited, but Miami is absolutely beautiful... there are many other places to stay that will show you the flavor of the city in a much more favorable light. :) JMO.

So have any of you any other ideas of where to stay. Would prefer somewhere half way between Port Everglades and Miami Airport, and somewhere where there is something to do/see. Many thanks.

Yes, look at hotels in Coconut Grove, Coral Gables, Key Biscayne, and Miami Beach.

Anything is preferable to downtown and Bayside.

Yes, look at hotels in Coconut Grove, Coral Gables, Key Biscayne, and Miami Beach.

Anything is preferable to downtown and Bayside.

BlueHerons - thank you for that info. Will check some out. I've only ever been to Miami once (and that was being driven straight from the port to the airport, so don't really know much about it. It would be nice to see something of Miami this time around. :D

Archived