What can I expect?

Cruzin Terri

Since I am new to cruising and only two with HAL, I am not sure how to proceed.

We booked a Panama Canal on the Statendam from Feb 12 to 28,2010 from San Diego. This sailing no longer shows up on HAL's website. I have been away and will be in touch with my TA tomorrow. I don't know when this cruise was dropped, but it was in the last two weeks. The TA may have sent me something, but won't pick up my mail until tomorrow so I don't know.

I am wondering whether HAL offers some kind of voucher or discount when a cruise is cancelled. We already booked a timeshare exchange to use prior to the cruise and will now be out the money for this transaction. Will HAL do anything for us?

Thanks for all your help.

Terri

This is just a guess but it is possible the ship was chartered. It is so very far in the future, it isn't likely HAL would do a whole lot for you.

You need to check with your TA to verify the reason the cruise no longer shows up and they will advise what HAL is offering.

Make that March 12, 2010.

It may sound crazy, but I know this far in advance that March 12, 2010 would not work for us.

Just wonder if HAL would make some accommodation or compensation for the money I lost because of this cancellation.

We will rebook for a different date, but I don't know when that will be right now. My husband and I have to decide when would be convenient to do this.

Terri

Since there isn't any itineraries for the Statendam for 2 whole months -- it sounds as though HAL is making new schedules -- AGAIN.

This far out -- all HAL will do is refund your down payment.

This happened to us for the Ryndam for 2009 -- a 23 day PanAmerican/Ecuador cruise -- it was cancelled way back in January -- all they did was set aside the cruise deposit we had since it was the $100 per person for booking a future cruise while on a cruise. No other compensation. As yet we haven't found a fall cruise that we like or haven't done recently.

Let us know what you find out when you contact your TA.

Since I am new to cruising and only two with HAL, I am not sure how to proceed.

We booked a Panama Canal on the Statendam from Feb 12 to 28,2010 from San Diego. This sailing no longer shows up on HAL's website. I have been away and will be in touch with my TA tomorrow. I don't know when this cruise was dropped, but it was in the last two weeks. The TA may have sent me something, but won't pick up my mail until tomorrow so I don't know.

I am wondering whether HAL offers some kind of voucher or discount when a cruise is cancelled. We already booked a timeshare exchange to use prior to the cruise and will now be out the money for this transaction. Will HAL do anything for us?

Thanks for all your help.

Terri

We were originally booked on the Eurodam for 20 days starting next July 22nd. When they chartered out the first ten day portion of the cruise, HAL offered us a $400 discount, plus a $600 onboard credit to take the second ten day portion and add on the next sixteen days to make it a 26 day cruise. We were happy to accept.

Our friends who had the same booking, received a similar offer and since they had already paid for their air, they were compensated for the expenses incurred by changing flight dates.

If your timeshare is with RCI they might change the dates for you. We have had them do that for us a couple of times although I think we paid for a new search fee----but that is better than losing your week altogether. You may be able to talk HAL into paying your search fee.

Archived