Question Regarding a Guarantee 4G

elmojessi

I currently have a 4A (specific cabin) reserved for our cruise in February. I checked to see if rates had dropped at all and found that they are offering free upgrades from 4A (Riviera) to 4G (Panorama), both inside cabins. I would have the option of picking a specific cabin or taking a guarantee cabin. I was wondering if I took a guarantee cabin, are there any other inside cabins that would be considered an upgrade to a 4G? I guess what I’m asking is if we did take the guarantee and lucked out an got an upgrade, would it be to an outside cabin? It seems to me like a no brainer to take the guarantee and hope that the rest of the 4G’s sell out and we might end up with an ocean view.

What do you think?

Thanks,

Jess

Which ship is it?

If I were you I would take the guarantee if it is a 4G guarantee. Or are they offering to just leave you in an inside guarantee? You risk getting a cabin in a worse (subjective) location but possibly having an ocean view instead.

if you can take the 4g's that are on the front of the boat on the panorama deck i believe there are 4 depending on boat these rooms are great. they are an obstructed ocean with windows and 220 square feet not 185. they are obstructed because ofthe little patios outside the rooms and the railings for the people that are walking by on the patios/decks outside of the room. they have one way windows meaning you can look out but others cant look in. we are in 6204 on the liberty and can wait!!

It's the Valor. So if we took at 4G guarantee, the worst we would end up with is 4G, even though we got the "free upgrade" from 4A, right? There are very few 4G cabins, and we would be happy with any of them, so as long as 4G is the worst we would get, then we are perfectly secure in taking the guarantee and hoping for a visit from the upgrade fairy.

Are you being offered a 4A Guarantee (IS Guarantee) or a 4G Guarantee??? If you're being offered a 4A (IS) Guarantee then you could end-up with any cabin CAT 4A or better, anywhere on the ship, any deck, potentially not assigned until check-in. You'd have a chance at an OV, more likely a 5A Obstructed OceanView.

If you're being offered a 4G Guarantee than you could end-up with any Cabin 4G or better and a decent shot at a CAT 5A I'd say.

ken

I did the search for our cruise and when it shows all of the rates it says 4A to 4G "Free Upgrade!" When I click on that I get the screen where you can choose your cabin and it looks like this:

Assign a minimum category 4G question_mark.gif (stateroom number to be determined)

Select specific stateroom: 1025 1021 1017 1011 1048 1036 1028 1024 1020 [add $0]

So it seems to me that I would definitely be signing up for the 4G guarantee, not the 4A, right?

My vote is to go with the 4G guarantee... I think you have a decent shot of being upgraded... Is there another inside category above 4G or is the next category up a 5A? As long as you arent dissapointed with remaining in the 4G category, then its worth the shot ;-)

If it is Conquest class, some of the 4Gs on the front of the ship used to be 6Bs, obstructed OVs. Id grab one of those in a heart beat and be thrilled. Nice high deck and you can walk out on the front part like a private deck. check those out to see if any are left. Otherwise dont care, take the guarantee I guess.

I did the search for our cruise and when it shows all of the rates it says 4A to 4G "Free Upgrade!" When I click on that I get the screen where you can choose your cabin and it looks like this:

Assign a minimum category 4G question_mark.gif (stateroom number to be determined)

Select specific stateroom: 1025 1021 1017 1011 1048 1036 1028 1024 1020 [add $0]

So it seems to me that I would definitely be signing up for the 4G guarantee, not the 4A, right?

See if 1001 or 1002, etc are open, you may have to call. the two outside ones I think are larger, might be HC, but there are two inbetween, dont have time to check the deck plans. good luck.

If it is Conquest class, some of the 4Gs on the front of the ship used to be 6Bs, obstructed OVs. Id grab one of those in a heart beat and be thrilled. Nice high deck and you can walk out on the front part like a private deck. check those out to see if any are left. Otherwise dont care, take the guarantee I guess.

i couldnt agree more. we have one on the liberty on the upper level and I was worried at first, but now I cant wait to get to the room and look out the window and feel better about the additional 35 square feet when compared to the regular inside rooms. Cant beat the oceanview for insid price.

I currently have a 4A (specific cabin) reserved for our cruise in February. I checked to see if rates had dropped at all and found that they are offering free upgrades from 4A (Riviera) to 4G (Panorama), both inside cabins.

Here are some pictures of a 4G room. I don't remember the ship but the room seems really nice. My PVP sent them to me. We were upgraded from an interior room to a 4G and we are VERY pleased. The rooms are supposed to be bigger, they are on upper levels and at the front of the ship where few people go. We leave Saturday on the Liberty. I will place a reveiw when we get back and let everyone know about this category. I think it's new, right?

659640597_4GWindow.jpg.6d07d18cfb2cf6aac7e4e2c33e708138.jpg

298916297_4GCabindeck.jpg.865575e251893c42f3e414c06935017e.jpg

747676452_4GBeds.jpg.1f7370aa9101da18f6eba131dd24cf93.jpg

8878536_4GRoom.jpg.d920527794d283759abeaec8b0c75803.jpg

So I did end up requesting an 4G guarantee, but my TA said that in order to get the upgrade I had to pick a specific cabin. Fine. We picked room 1029. Then I went back in a few hours later to see if the inventory of available rooms had changed at all, and now rooms 9202 and 9203 on the Lido deck were available. These are the forward cabins that you all were referring to that overloock the "secret" decks. I called my TA right away to request that we get one of those rooms since they were listed as available 4G's on the website. She couldn't get them to pull up at our rate, so she called Carnival and was told that they are actually handicap accessible so we can't get them right now. She said that if they were still available closer to sail date, we could ask to be moved there later. Any thoughts on time frames for requesting one of these cabins? A month before sail? A week? Two days? Obviously we would love to have one if no one else is using them for their intended purpose.

• 2 months later...

Archived