Oasis - any tips on Balcony cabins?

I believe all the balcony cabins are the same interior size. The D1 cabins have a larger balcony by about 30 square feet.

Pick the location you like and buy the least expensive cabin at that location. Keep in mind that the open deck is #15, so deck #14 could be a little noisy. Also, the Royal Promenade is on deck #5 and Boardwalk is # 6, both a long way down from the top.

I chose deck #10 as it is about in the middle, top to bottom, and a D5, just before the hump (10590) as it appears, on the schematic, to have a slightly larger balcony as the hump starts to extend outwards.

Check out the cabin number here:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/ship/decks/deck/home.do;jsessionid=0000VxrsI7sbi7vQdgc90uJHVH3:12hdhu6tq?shipCode=OA&shipProfile=1313

Use the select a deck drop down menu to find the correct deck for your cabin.

D8 cabins are the least expensive because they are generally located in less desirable areas, but that is a matter of preference.

Check out the cabin number here:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/ship/decks/deck/home.do;jsessionid=0000VxrsI7sbi7vQdgc90uJHVH3:12hdhu6tq?shipCode=OA&shipProfile=1313

Use the select a deck drop down menu to find the correct deck for your cabin..

Thank you :D

D8 cabins are the least expensive because they are generally located in less desirable areas, but that is a matter of preference.

Ah - that makes sense :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

I am very close to booking the Oasis for July/August 2010.

I am going to print out the deck plans tomorrow at work.

But, while I am sitting here reading, are there Central Park balconies that are the last cabins aft which would make you have a Central Park view in front of you and the sea to the left/right of you when standing on your balcony looking aft to the open back? But you would really be paying for a Central Park view and getting both?

Does that make sense?

Thank you.

We have a cabin on deck 9 #9327 which is the second cabin from the back. We will be able to look forward to the boardwalk and to the aquatheather in the back. We then can go to deck 8 and see central park. I think we are getting a great deal. We are booked for May 22, 2010. We just got off in November on the Tahatian Princess which holds only 870 pasingers on it and that was great. I think there will be so many things to do on this ship and see in such a short time. Seeing I have been to the ports before it will just be ship time for me. Love sea days.:)

I haven't booked for one reason. I am so embarrassed to say. I cannot figuere out which balcony to get for 2 people. The lger the balcony the better. We'll be @ the gym daily & don't want to have to be pushed by a handtruck to our cabin when were done.

So where's a good midship, near and elevator w/ maybe a bonus of a "bigger" balcony.

Help!

Thanks

Phrustrated in Phoenix

We booked on deck 8 a boardwalk balcony, and then across the hall for an ocean view a D-something. There are 4 of us, and we figured this would give us the best of both worlds. We've always had an aft cabin, but 2 cabins with inside/outside balconys was 1/2 the price of the fancy aqua cabins (although they are awesome it looks like). Plus it gives us two bathrooms.

Now if I win the lottery. . . . .

We have a D8 booked for the 12/1 sailing on the Boardwalk deck. It is an ocean view balcony, convenientlly located near the Boardwalk Donut Shop (for the morning) and Schooner Bar (for the night time)! What could be better?!?!

Rick and Deirdra

We have a D8 booked for the 12/1 sailing on the Boardwalk deck. It is an ocean view balcony, convenientlly located near the Boardwalk Donut Shop (for the morning) and Schooner Bar (for the night time)! What could be better?!?!

Rick and Deirdra

Is this on Deck 6? (I would look buy my co-worker has my deck plans.)

I thought quickly about this deck but thought there would just be too much noise all day/night with adults and kids since it is a very busy area. But, I'm a light sleeper so that is in the equation too.

Happy Planning!

Is this on Deck 6? (I would look buy my co-worker has my deck plans.)

I thought quickly about this deck but thought there would just be too much noise all day/night with adults and kids since it is a very busy area. But, I'm a light sleeper so that is in the equation too.

Happy Planning!

Yes, the Schooner Bar and Donut shop are on Deck 6- We picked a D8 on deck 7 so we would have cabins below and above us.

We booked a D8 balcony on Deck 8 right next to the middle hump cabins. Wanted a hump, but they are all JS or above on this ship, so we got as close as we good.

Actually, there are two hump sections. The foward hump has D1's. I booked a D1 dead center. The rear hump, with all the JS, is closer to the elevators/stairs and more midship than the foward section.

Actually, there are two hump sections. The foward hump has D1's. I booked a D1 dead center. The rear hump, with all the JS, is closer to the elevators/stairs and more midship than the foward section.

You are right, but for the price difference, we decided to go with the D8. I am totally okay with that. We are close to the elevators and I like that area of the ship. Really can't go wrong - its the Oasis!! we are excited about trying her out. Loved Liberty, so I am sure we will love this one also. And who knows, long time before then, if a price drop comes along, I can always change our room!

• 2 weeks later...

We booked our cruise! Got a D4 oceaview balcony cabin on Deck 6. It will be interesting to be on the deck with all the "action" outside our door this time. Boy, these layouts were confusing this time! We are on the Jan 23rd sailing. Booked thru Costco Travel. It was the same price as the RCCL site as well as a few other travel sites we checked, but Costco gave us a $300 shipboard credit as well (for 3 pple in the cabin), so we went with them.

Hi All,

We are booked for 10/30/10, I was getting too confused on cabins...As we would like to be close to the fitness center we booked a balcony room D8 on deck 6. I have no idea how it will be, but the hall runs down the side of the fitness center. Any feedback much appreciated. Can't wait to go!!!!!!!

Take care

KimC

We are booked in same cabin #9327 on 2-6-2010 and picked it for same reason you did. Iwill be looking for anyone in same cabin booked before 2/6 to see their reaction and possibly even a picture. Let's keep in touch and let each other know if you learn anything more. It's going to be a LONG wait. HAL

Chet-the-jet: It appears we have same cabin booked...we'll be there in Feb 2010. Will try to find someone who has booked same cabin earlier and hopefully get more info on why it's a great location, etc.. Keep in touch in case you learn anything. HAL

I was going to select a balcony cabin D8 on deck 6 as well but I got to wondering about the view from the balcony and I was wondering if the lifeboats, which are under deck 6, will obstruct the view in any way. Not sure but it looks like they may stick out a little from the ship and I like to look straight down at the water at times. Wish we had more detailed pictures to go by. Just in case, I went for a D7 on a higher deck (deck 11) so my DW can be closer to the Library. This is going to be a cruise to enjoy and remember.

See you at the fitness center each morning (hopefully)

Hi Shoreline,

I get where you're coming from about the life boats. I'm so excited I can't stand it, we have always gotten an inside cabin and this will be first balcony. I'll keep watching for Crown and Anchor coupons, but they are awhile out yet. You are from Northern Georgoa, my brother lives in Dallas, GA, beautiful state. The weather has been totally miserable here in Columbus this winter, just keep dreaming of the cruise. In October we went on GOS up through NE and Canada for 9 days on second day my thumb got shut in the cabin door.

Completely missed Portland and spent the best part of day in ships infirmary. Scenery was beautiful what I can remember through the haze of pain and medication. :-(

More later,

KimC

Vision of Seas 2001-Alaska

Norwegian Wind 2002-Alaska

Navigator of Seas 2004-Eastern Caribbean

Vision of the Seas 2006-Alaska

Grandeur of the Seas 2008-New England & Canada

Oasis of the Seas 2010-Western Caribbean WOOOO HOOO!!!!!

Archived