Will 14-yr-old be bored on Celebrity Summit?

adwolfson

I'm thinking of taking my son, who will have just turned 14, on Celebrity Summit Southern Caribbean cruise in February. Do you think there will be enough kids on that for him to have fun? Will he be bored?

Just remember that in school days they are not too many kids and less teens

We did that cruise this past February with my three kids. My oldest is only 9 though. There are a lot of port days so we were always off the ship. My kids never got bored and had a great time. I don't think you can go wrong booking this trip.

• 2 weeks later...

i too have the same worries as we are taking two teenagers on the southern caribbean cruise on march 28th. they are 14 and 15, and i am HOPING there will be lots of other teens onboard!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm thinking of taking my son, who will have just turned 14, on Celebrity Summit Southern Caribbean cruise in February. Do you think there will be enough kids on that for him to have fun? Will he be bored?

1) Yes, there will be enough kids on board to have at least a couple of friends. Even more if you are going during one of the increasingly common winter break periods.

2) No, it is very unlikely that he will be bored on board.

i too have the same worries as we are taking two teenagers on the southern caribbean cruise on march 28th. they are 14 and 15, and i am HOPING there will be lots of other teens onboard!!!!!!!!!!!!

BOTH of you will be fine, because February starts winter break for a lot of schools throughout the country and the end of March is the height of Spring Break! There will be lots of kids and no one will be bored!

There won't be too many children but what I've learned over the years is that if there are just one or two it works out. The kids just start to pal around. The other thing is that a cruise is wonderful whether for the adults or the children and the crew will also focus on the children when there are very few on board. So, I would not be concerned. Think about when you go on a vacation with just the family. There are no kids and the kid(s) still have a great time. I really would not be concerned.

Keith

First off, he'd be much MORE bored if you left him at home! He will love cruising, even if he was the only kid on the ship (which he won't be.)

Have you tried the Roll Call for your sailing? That's where my boys have always made friends before we cruise.

My advice is to bring him! Our first cruise was without our kids and although it was nice, we spent the whole time saying, "Mike would love this", "Tyler would go crazy for this," etc. We've cruised with them ever since and they have a great time no matter how many kids are on board. Sometimes it's nice to have them all to yourself too.

• 1 month later...

We are bringing 3 families with 3 17 year old girls, a 17 year old boy and two 13 year old boys on the Summit Apr 4. Any other spring break teens?

Last year we took this same cruise in Feb and there were about 40 kids total. Mine met one friend each.

We have cruised Princess, Costa, Carnival before in addition. Princess had 40 kids during holiday and my kids met friends. Costa had a couple hundred including international and my kids still keep intouch. Carnival had 2000 kids which was overwhelming.

Anyway, with beautiful ports and fun activities on shore and aboard, kids always have fun on cruises.

I haven't tried to roll call function, but will try it this time as somebody suggested. Thanks

Archived