A different laundry question

katier825

I have allergies and need to use hypoallergenic products for just about everything. I was wondering if the Westerdam's laundry service could wash my clothes with my hypo allergenic soap.

If I had to, I could wash a few things out in the sink, but it always takes so long to dry (especially in an inside cabin). If not, I will just have to pack more. I don't fly to the port, but will have to assist dad and his friend with their bags, so I was hoping to get away with a smaller bag myself.

Anyone out there with a similar experience?:confused:

Thanks!

Unfortunately HAL can only wash using their soaps -- they label everything that is sent to the laundry and everything is washed in HUGE washing machines -- not a little one like you have at home. Thus they are not able to do small loads.

There is nothing stopping you from washing in your cabin's sink -- using your special soap. There is a clothes line over the tub -- bring your own clothes pins.

No. They will not use your special soap.

You don't say which ship you are on. The S" and "R" class ships have lauderettes and you can do your own wash.

Vista Class ships and Eurodam do not have self service laundries.

I will be on the Westerdam (I did mention it in my first post ;)). I think that is Vista class, isn't it? I didn't think it had a self-service laundromat.

I suspected I wouldn't be able to have them wash mine separately, but wouldn't know for sure until I asked. :) Guess I'll have to pack more and hand wash in the sink if necessary.

Thank you!

:) You know, Katie,........ It's the funniest thing. I actually reread your post before I responded and even with a second reading didn't see you named the ship. I read it the third time before I saw it. Weird! :D

Katie, If you do decide to wash some things, ask your cabin steward for extra towels. I rolled my items a couple of times in the towels and they dried over night on the line. :-)

Or, perhaps even better, pack one of the microfiber hand towels. They weigh almost nothing and really absorb much more water than a cotton towel!

Archived