Hong Kong Transportation

Keith1010

After our cruise ends in Hong Kong we will need to get to the cruise ship terminal over to one of the Hotels located about 15 minutes away. The last time we were in Hong Kong earlier this year our cruise did not end there. We are familiar with the area, both the cruise ship terminal and the hotel area, but did not take transportation over there.

I remember that many taxis were available at the Harbor but cannot remember the size. Would they accommodate say two passengers with four pieces of luggage (two large pieces) and two medium pieces or are we better off getting private transportation?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Keith

After our cruise ends in Hong Kong we will need to get to the cruise ship terminal over to one of the Hotels located about 15 minutes away. The last time we were in Hong Kong earlier this year our cruise did not end there. We are familiar with the area, both the cruise ship terminal and the hotel area, but did not take transportation over there.

I remember that many taxis were available at the Harbor but cannot remember the size. Would they accommodate say two passengers with four pieces of luggage (two large pieces) and two medium pieces or are we better off getting private transportation?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Keith

Sorry no answers since I have never been to Hong Kong before. But here are related questions: Does anyone have a private car and driver to recommend to not only take us to our nearby hotel, but then to take us around for part of the day? Or if it is just private transportation to the hotel, what should we expect to pay?

Thanks,

Judith

I was in Hong Kong last spring. The baggage consisted of two suitcases (the bigger some 130 liters, the smaller a little less) and two pieces of hand luggage (the size that would probably just barely not get through at Heathrow). If I remember correctly most taxis were some 20 years old Nissan Bluebirds. The taxi from the port to the hotel could not close the trunk. The taxi to the airport had the trunk closed. For that ride at least one piece of hand luggage was on a passenger seat – maybe even one of the suitcases too.

In other words, there is no doubt that you can make the transfers by taxi but you have to be ready to have your belongings squeezed in. If your suitcases are bigger than what I mentioned, you would be more comfortable in a bigger vehicle.

Archived