Century 4 day inside cabin

niborHS

I know I am probably crazy, but I couldn't resist a bargain. I am going on the 4 day Century in January. The price of $289 for over 55 (I just made it), was too much to resist, and need to know that I will manage. We have been on 15 cruises, and all but 3 have been in suites, but I am not going with my husband. He is going to be out of town on business, so I decided to go with some friends. We will be 2 to a cabin on Vista deck. I haven't been to Key West in years, and will never mind going to Cozumel, so the ports are fine. We were on the 5 day last year and really enjoyed it, but were in a Sky Suite. Tell me I am being smart, not crazy.

You are being smart. The inside cabins on Century (like Mercury, which is a sister ship, and which I have been on) are decent sized. I have been on cruises on inside, mostly outside, and one jr. suite, and frankly I do not think a jr. suite or balcony is worth the extra money. I am probably in a minority here, but that is my opinion.

We liked our Mercury cruise so well in an inside cabin that we have booked a TA on the Century in one too. Both on Deck10 (Penthouse Deck) The cost savings in these times is worth it to us, plus the rooms have plenty of square footage, great closet space and nice bathrooms. On our TA we will be right across the hall from the big suites so I hear the room stewards often treat the "insiders" down there extra nice, too. ;)

I know I am probably crazy, but I couldn't resist a bargain. I am going on the 4 day Century in January. The price of $289 for over 55 (I just made it), was too much to resist, and need to know that I will manage. We have been on 15 cruises, and all but 3 have been in suites, but I am not going with my husband. He is going to be out of town on business, so I decided to go with some friends. We will be 2 to a cabin on Vista deck. I haven't been to Key West in years, and will never mind going to Cozumel, so the ports are fine. We were on the 5 day last year and really enjoyed it, but were in a Sky Suite. Tell me I am being smart, not crazy.

Hi Robin !

You are being very smart. Century is a great ship, and for those prices, it's practically cheaper than staying home. Enjoy your Cruise !

You'll be fine. We did a 5 day on the Century in an inside cabin in January, just a few months after 12 days in one of the huge corner aft family cabins on the Connie. We thought the inside cabin would really seem cramped by comparison, but we were happy. We found the whole cruise to be quite pleasant and relaxing. We enjoyed the low key atmosphere and no hassle feel of the ship and found the service outstanding. Our steward gave us wonderful service and even left us a few special treats. Our five days cost us even less than yours. We almost felt guilty that we got such a steal. We're leaving in a few weeks for another Connie cruise , but would like to do the century again soon. By the way, if you haven't been to the Hemingway house in Key West, that's a very interesting tour,especially the cats.

We are on the Century for a 5 night cruise on 2/23/09. We have recently switched from oceanview/balcony cabins to a inside cabin for the shorter cruises and find the cabins absolutely fine plus you are saving a good amount of $$ on the fare. Enjoy!!

Howard, I am going on a 10 day on Holland America. In the Deluxe Suite (I think that's the level), you get use of the Neptune Lounge, which is fabulous. Great place to relax, have breakfast or lunch, hors d'oeurves, a cold drink. Can't remember which ship we will be on, but we were on the Oosterdam 2 years ago and loved it.

Archived