Southwest - end of May 2009

spammie

Hi. When do you think they will release the dates for the end of May 2009? I usually have my airfare booked by now but all the other airlines are SO HIGH. I really don't know what to do at this point. Thank you. Wanda

Hi. When do you think they will release the dates for the end of May 2009? I usually have my airfare booked by now but all the other airlines are SO HIGH. I really don't know what to do at this point. Thank you. Wanda

Better book SOMETHING. As proven by posts in this thread, WAITING for SW could cost you money. FEW bargains on SW anymore.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=870942&page=2

Post your dates, airports, what you EXPECT to pay (not what you would LIKE to pay) and we will try to help.

Thanks. We are 15 minutes from the Philadelphia International Airport so we fly from there. I have always been able to get non-stop flights on AA or US Air into Miami for around $200 pp round trip. Right now the cheapest flights they have are between $350 - $400 pp. Since there are 4 of us going I figured Southwest would be cheaper but after reading that thread and checking their current rates, I'm not so sure. We don't mind flying into FLL if we have to for cheaper rates. I guess I will just have to keep checking. Like I said, we usually have our flights booked 9 months in advance.

SOuthwest flights thru May went on sale two weeks ago.......

prices were 129 each way instead of the 59, 79, 89 we have paid in years past the day they go on sale. We didn't buy, we decided to wait and see what we can get from Indy.

The place to go to find out when Southwest will open up more dates is the Travel Tools section of Southwest's website.

http://www.southwest.com/travel_center/travel_center.html?ref=trvltls_gn

If you go there now, it shows this message "We are currently accepting air reservations through May 8, 2009." But when they know what the next booking window will be they will change the message to add something like "we will open up reservations through July XX, 2009 on January XX, 2009."

They've extended their "winter sale" so I went to their site to see the details and saw this :

"We are currently accepting air reservations through May 8, 2009. On December 9, 2008, we will open our schedules for sale through June 28, 2009. This date is subject to change. Please check back frequently."

They've extended their "winter sale" so I went to their site to see the details and saw this :

"We are currently accepting air reservations through May 8, 2009. On December 9, 2008, we will open our schedules for sale through June 28, 2009. This date is subject to change. Please check back frequently."

I have the same email and it says nothing about the next schedule coming out and nothing on travel tools either.

Thank you. I will keep my eyes open and hope for the December 9th release. Wanda

I have the same email and it says nothing about the next schedule coming out and nothing on travel tools either.

Steve did you click on the link in the email that states " See complete details." If you had it would take you to this part of their site http://www.southwest.com/hotfares/hotfares_air.html?src=e112108

where at the top you will see "Air Fare Specials" and the Ding download button. Directly below that is this which I am copying and pasting directly "

We are currently accepting air reservations through May 8, 2009. On December 9, 2008, we will open our schedules for sale through June 28, 2009. This date is subject to change. Please check back frequently."

I didn't go to travel tools as this information is posted on the above link. Hope this clears it up :) Since the info wasn't posted on Travel tools maybe it's a good idea to check the "Specials" tab every now and then for this info?

Archived