Puerto Vallarta Info

pvpam

Hmmmm, I booked through PVPam for mid-March and have not gotten confirmation back from her. I emailed her asking her if I needed some form of confirmation email and she emailed me back saying she would send it closer to the tour date.

When is your tour date AZPam??

ciship

We just booked 8 more for the same tour since the rest of the family decided they wanted to go too. I sent the reservation in on Christmas Eve and we got the confirmation back today. Our tour will be on Tuesday, March 15 at 11am. We will on the Diamond Princess

We are a party of 5 adults and will be in PV Wednesday January 19th off of the Pride. We need help on what to do for the day; we will be in port from 8:00am to 10:00pm. I must add that most tours offered through the ship I will be unable to do because of knee problems. Can anyone suggest something we can do to enjoy our stay in PV for a reasonable price and not just sit aboard a bus all day?

Hello - I normally take all of my vacations on cruise ships, but I have a time share property in P.V. I am taking my mom and my two sisters there in April 2005 for a week at the Plaza Pleicanos.

We would like to do a few tours, like swim with dolphins, jungle canopy tour and a snorkel tour. For the snorkel tour, it would be great to find a tour that will let me scuba and my family snorkel at the same time, as I am the only one certified.

Is the Plaza a nice place? one can never really tell by the pictures.

Any suggestions?

Cheryl

PV Pam,

My wife and I are going to be in PV on the Vision of the Seas the last week of January. I'd like to be able to rent a jet ski or possibly do some other water activity (parasailing, etc.) there in the port once we finish our shore excursion. Are there jet ski rentals, or anything else like that? If so, can you tell me about how much they cost?

Thank you!

- Randy

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the link BZY1...is there a place where we can go in and get a description of the tours that Tony offers so we can make our tour choice...or do you have a custom tour for a group of 12 with kids ranging from 11-18 that includes snorkeling that you would recommend? This will be my friends first time there. Thanks for yours or anyone elses input!

The list gives you some options but Tony can create a tour just for you with what you want to do and see. Of course some things are impossible time wise, like from one end of the bay to the other, but he can create a tour once you give hime some things to play with....like beach time, jungle restaurant, city tour, etc.

He is great, the big villas and Marina Club uses him all the time with excellent feedback from clients.

Check this site out http://www.vallarta-adventures.com/ .

We booked this excursion onboard the Legend of the Seas 6/2004. It is costly, but worth every single penny. Here is what I found on the RCCL website under excursions in Puerto Vallarta regarding the swim with the dolphins ...

"The minimum age to participate is 5 years of age and all children 12 and under must be accompanied by an adult in the water"

If you can, Go for it!

Barb

PV Pam,

We want to do the Canopy tours de los Veranos and the bungee jump that is 6 miles south of downtown. Any suggestion which one we should do first during the day? How to get to both places the cheapest? I know there is a shuttle for the canopy tour but if we take the shuttle on the way back from the canapy tours would they drop us off at the bungie jump. any suggestions? Their is 7 of us. So far I figured out-I would have to take 2 cabs to shuttle pickup for Canopy tours-do the canopy tours-shuttle will drop us off at bungee jump-then 2 cabs back to port. It would cost alot! Any other suggestions. thanks jill

• 2 weeks later...
Judith, I just realize that in Cabo there is also Los Arcos.

Those in P.V. are 2 big rocks sticking our of the ocean, of course with an arch in it. Probably this Los Arcos is more famous, but is smaller.

Those in Cabo are close to Lands End and can be done in the same tour.

Help!!! I'm confused. Which one is the one that we see in all the travel magazines. I was planning to go see the ones in Cabo. Am I planning on visiting the wrong ones?

Hola Todos! I apologize for not posting since mid January. I have not had a computer at home til yesterday - brand new and working fine!!! So swamped at work that there's no time to post. But, I am back! Here and just fine! So will go through the questions, answer and rest assured I will answer in a timely manner from now on! To those of you that have stopped by my office with donations for the schools and books-magazines for me...mil gracias!!!!!! Keep on coming!

KK570 - The pick up for the Canopy tour is south of where you will be docked, at the beginning of the highway to La Jolla, behind the Pemex (Gas Station). You can go via bus (allow at least 30-45 minutes minimum!) or taxi. REZ4JC: Plaza Pelicanos is located in the hotel zone in an area with several other hotels grouped together. It is an older hotel but nice. Good activities staff and within walking distance of a large shopping center. You might consider the Vallarta Adventure excursion to Caletas. Here you can do both diving and snorkeling. A great and very full day!

BELGARION: Nearly all hotels have the jet skis and parasailing available on the beach. I would suggest heading over to Los Muertos Beach, southside and spending the day at a little place called Fidencio's. A very popular location with plenty of activities that you are looking for. Good, cheap food too!

MOURHAAN If you want to do the dolphins, because you are coming in on a cruise ship, you can only book this THROUGH the cruise ships. Remember that any Vallarta Adventure excursions, for cruise ship passengers, can only book through their ship.

IMPDREAMING Canopy tours Verano provide transportation from a pick up point on the southside (see above). On the way back you could have them drop you off at the bungee jumping site which is on the way and then get your own transportation (taxi) back to town. By the way, I have never seen anyone at the bungee jumping spot!

BOBALOO Using your ATM card would be your best bet. The closest one to the ship is at Walmart, which you can walk to by heading out to the main road, turning left and walking a couple of blocks (Mexican blocks seem to be longer!!!!) Or if you are heading into town there are plenty of ATM machines. As well, if you just want to change a bit of money to pesos for your time here, across the little road that is runs alongside where you will be docked, there is a money exchange with pretty good rates!

I was trying to contact PV Pam and hope I am doing this right since I am new to this.

We are looking to go snorkeling in Los Arcos. We will be in PV on Feb. 22nd travelling on the Norweigian Star.

Looking for beautiful snorkeling for about 4 hours.

Do you have information that can help.

Thanks

Hi PVPam! We're on the DCL Magic July 30th and are planning on doing the Mariglante with me, my husband and our two boys, 7 and 3. Just wanted your input and also wanted to ask if you know if it's necessary to tip anyone and if so, how much. Also, is it the type of boat that someone will get seasick on?:rolleyes:

Thanks a bunch!

Ports 71.

We have done the whale watch with Prince of Whales.

It is the Zodiac of open-air expedition which you can find on www.vallartawhales.com

It was terrific, their ship can go real fast, so best chances to see a lot of whales. Only about 12 people on board.

You will really enjoy it.

Hi everyone....

PORTS7 : To be honest, I have heard of the Prince of Whales but have never seen it or heard anything one way or the other. Perhaps someone else can answer this much better than me!

MOURHAN: Los Arcos is not really a beach but a large rock formation to the south of Vallarta where people go to snorkel. There is a Los Arcos Hotel that is located on Los Muertos Beach which is VERY popular! Head down there via taxi or bus (You are welcome to come across the street from where you will be docked to my office and I can direct you) and be sure and head to a small palapa restaurant on this beach called FIDENCIOS. Great food, surroundings, waiter and excellent prices! Parasailing, banana boats - the works!

JAYRO: Los Arcos is the place closest to Vallarta to snorkel. You could take your own transportation - bus or taxi - to La Jolla and use one of the pangas that are there on the beach to run you out to Los Arcos to snorkel. It's very close. Best to go after 12noon when all of the day crusies have gone.

LISERANN Marigalante is a fun trip - especially for kids! Pirates and all! Yes, it does sway some so you might prepare for a bit of sea-sickness but I think the night tour sways more than in the daytime.

Gracias Todos.

<<PORTS7 : To be honest, I have heard of the Prince of Whales but have never seen it or heard anything one way or the other. Perhaps someone else can answer this much better than me!>>

HI Pam,

I understand you work close to the harbor, then you can see them sailing out of there with their Zodiac twice a day. (untill mid March, then the season is over.)

Give them a call or check their website, make of of the tours, it is awesome.

Archived