Puerto Vallarta Info

pvpam

SUNNYGIRL: No, it would be a really loooooooooong walk. Just take a taxi from the drop off point of the Canopy Tours and then have them drop you off at the Main Plaza.

INES: I do work across the street from the terminal marina but I can't see the boats except for the cruise ships. I have heard of the tour but haven't done it or seen it personally.

Thank you so much for the advice. Can not wait to be there. We will be taking a taxi and spending the afternoon snorkeling in the beautiful waters.

You advice on these boards have been wonderful.

Thank you PVPAM!!!

Thank you so much for your info on PV.

My wife and I will be cruising on the Carnival Pride in late April.

PV is our first stop and we would really like to spend the day just simply relaxing on a beach. Where would be the best place to go.

We would not mind a taxi ride of some length if its worth it.

We would not mind paying a fee to get on the beach if is more private, etc.

I think you get the idea.

What ever info you can give us would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

:D

Sailing on the Pride on Feb.20 and just discovered Cruise critic so I am grateful for all your suggestions and advice. I am thinking of booking the day sailing with Vallarta adventures to Yelapa and am wondering if iis a good trip and will be docked and off the ship for an 8.30 departure? I have got my bungee cord but what do I need a power bar for?

Finnsmom

Sailing on the Pride on Feb.20 and just discovered Cruise critic so I am grateful for all your suggestions and advice. I am thinking of booking the day sailing with Vallarta adventures to Yelapa and am wondering if iis a good trip and will be docked and off the ship for an 8.30 departure? I have got my bungee cord but what do I need a power bar for?

Finnsmom

Finnsmom........PLEASE remember to leave your review of the PRIDE upon your return. We will be waiting anxiously!!!!

MOURHAM I am located directly across the street from where you will be docked - Walmart is a few blocks north (well, actually one really looooong Mexican block). Just enter the lobby and to your right I am there (Global Life Flight) of the Hospital.

REVKED I usually recommend Los Muertos Beach but definitely not private. Lots of people on the beach. You could head to the north in a taxi to El Anclote, that area. Nice beaches (the further north you go the nicer the beaches are!) and fairly quiet and private. You are welcome to walk across the street to my office and I can point you in the right direction with a map.

SUNNYGIRL The Lady of Guadalupe Church is on the east side of the Main Plaza (can't miss it). This is right on the Malecon (boardwalk) and you can walk the boardwalk and see all of the sculptures!

Hi Pam I have been watching this thread with interest as I have been to PV on a couple of cruises. I was not able to do much there because I have to use a scooter and cabs and tours don't like the scooter bound people.

I have gone across to WalMart/Sam's club on two occiasions and that was a thrill ride. Between cobblestones and driving facing morning traffic because the curbs were too high I scared hell out of my walking wife. (G):D

First is there a cab or van in town I could get to take us on a tour of the city?

Second if no tour is available and I left the dock area and turned right towards town what could I expect?

How far would I have to travel to see PV and do some shopping?

Would the ground I would have to cover be too rugged to make it worth my while to attempt such a venture.?

Have you ever seen anyone stupid enough to try this before?:D

I like the Mercado at the pier the shops have nice stuff at good prices. The people there are pleasant to deal with but there has to be a lot that I am missing.

I have two cruises this year that will include stops in PV one in OCT and one in NOV. So I do have a few minutes to spare to make arrangements.

Any information would be helpful.:)

We are a family of 9 coming in on Oosterdam on Wednesday, March 30. We are signing up for the ship excursion to Las Caletas for the day. The ship doesn't leave until 10pm and a few of us would like to do the canopy tour late afternoon on that day. Do you know if this would be possible to do?

Jukeboxy- somewhere on one of the boards, I heard about this website- accesiblemexico.com My brother in law also uses a scooter and thought this would be of help to him. They have tours that I hear are supposed to be good. They do them in PV and I hear are branching out to Cabo soon, also.They have handicapped vans and get you out to see the sights.

Hello Pam. Thank you for all of your advice. I have been reading some posts that people from previous cruises have walked over to the Krystal Vallarta Resort from the pier and were able to use their facilities. Did they just get lucky or does the resort let cruise passangers use the pool. I would expect that the resort is not an all-inclusive and that we would be able to buy food and drinks. Otherwise, is the Los Muertos Beach calm enough for small kids to swim in? Thank you for your help.

Pam,

Your advice is so helpful! I was in PV in 1999 and we ate in a great Cuban restaurant on the malecon, but I can't recall the name. It had writing all over the walls and ceiling. Is it still there? My cruise isn't until October but I can't wait! What is the best beach for swimming/snorkeling? I only went to Mismaloya last time.

Saludos,

Suzy

Another quick question if I may. My kids just read about the pirate boat adventure excursion offered from NCL Star. Any idea what it is all about? Is it mostly a drinking boat or does it stop at an island to swim and snorkel. It is 6 hours long so I would assume it includes lunch. It's $250 for a family of 4. Thank you again in advance.

Pam, do you know much about The Sarape tour boat? Is this a good boat to take for the day? We want to do some snorkeling and see a few beaches. Don't want to be with a ton of people tho. But, like the open bar, and music that they say they offer.Thanks for any help

Hey Pam,

Are the whales still there ? (see my earlier post) - Hope they're slow to leave this year.

Anyway - I was hoping you could help me out with some excursion questions- but didnt want to tie up this thread.

Could you please shoot me an email @ marksails@gmail.com so I can take it off line.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

PV Pam,

I have read on these boards a little about Splash water park. My daughter and her fiance will be on their honeymoon in early September and be in PV the week of September 4th. They are interested in Splash. Can you tell me anything about this. Is it OK or are they going to be wasting their time. THanks for the information.

Pam, My husband and I are planning on doing the Los Veranos canopy tour. We'd like to see Our Lady of Guadalupe cathedral afterwards. Is it in walking distance from the tour office or will have to cab it? Thanks!

We took a taxi downtown but we decided since we could see the ship and we hadn’t seen enough of the city we would walk back. We would later decide that that was a big mistake. At first it was nice since we walked to some areas that weren’t as over run by cruise ship passengers. We also walled through some very non-tourist areas and did a good job following our way back to the ship but after a while we decide that walking wasn’t a good idea but had no idea how to get a taxi, so we kept walking. It was very good to get back to the ship. A $3 cab ride would have been a much better choice but we wouldn’t have had a story to tell.

Archived