Bridge and Engine Room tours coming!!!

flagger

For the highest level of Captain's Club members (Is that Elite), you may request a bridge or engine room tour in 2009. Details will be forthcoming, it will be limited availability, but it was announced yesterday during a Q&A.
We toured the bridge on our last 2 Celebrity cruises, plus one in 2006.

The engine room would be interesting.

For the highest level of Captain's Club members (Is that Elite), you may request a bridge or engine room tour in 2009. Details will be forthcoming, it will be limited availability, but it was announced yesterday during a Q&A.

Took a bridge tour last year on Constellation 2007 Canada/New England cruise.

Also, saw people on our cruise this year on Constellation that we're getting bridge tours.

Anne Maria

Great news flagger,

I would love to tour the engine room! We've been to the bridge several times and have been to a few areas of the crew's quarters, but never the engine room.

Thanks!

Kel:)

Please tell me that this would be a complimentary event without an additional fee of any kind. Isn't there a cruise line out there that offers tours onboard for a price? If Celebrity thought this would be another feature and charge for it, I would have to hunt for another favourite cruise company!:mad:

Please tell me that this would be a complimentary event without an additional fee of any kind. Isn't there a cruise line out there that offers tours onboard for a price? If Celebrity thought this would be another feature and charge for it, I would have to hunt for another favourite cruise company!:mad:

Hi, I have also been invited to a Bridge Tour a couple of times

and they never charged for it.

Just back from the Ruby Princess Maiden Voyage. I got a tour of the Funnel,Bridge and Engine control room. I think it is great that celebrity is going to offer tours like that.

I have been on a number of bridge & galley tours, & love them. Can't get enough I always learn something that I did not know from the prior tour. Would love to see the engine room now that would be exciting. Hope they go through with this as I am an elite member.

We toured both the Bridge and the Engine Room on Millennium in October. The latter was new for me. Note one thing: they don't take you to the actual engines, they tour the Engine Control Room, which contains a lot of computers and video screens (showing the engines and underwater pods).

Best Regards,

Floris

I miss the old days :(- about twenty years ago on the Costa Daphne (400 passengers) we were allowed to go to the bridge anytime at sea during the day. The only restriction was not while entering or leaving a port.

We would look at the radar and the officers would point out the vessels we were seeing. It was very cool

I don't think we'll ever have that opportunity again.

We visited the bridge and engine room on the Azamara Journey.

Gitte

We were just newbies to Celeb. on Quest last Dec. and about 20 of us (almost all Cruise Critic members, and also newbies) were invited to tour the bridge. The downside of this is they only tour while in port...and 7-8 of us had a full day tour to Grenada Nic. and we couldn't go...we'd have all loved this, and it was an honor to be invited! Probably the only chance I'll ever have and had to say "NO"!!:(

We were just newbies to Celeb. on Quest last Dec. and about 20 of us (almost all Cruise Critic members' date=' and also newbies) were invited to tour the bridge. The downside of this is they only tour while in port...and 7-8 of us had a full day tour to Grenada Nic. and we couldn't go...we'd have all loved this, and it was an honor to be invited! Probably the only chance I'll ever have and had to say "NO"!!:([/quote']

I am sorry you miss the tour. Was the Captain "bye for now"? :)

We got also a bridge tour while the ship was in port with the Quest. :(

Gitte

I had a tour of the bridge on the Mercury during an Alaska cruise in August 2007. Was surprised to see an icon of St. George on the wall (one of Greece's favourite saints) rather than St. Christopher (patron of travellers). The assistant captain did a great job of explaining which saint has priority in the bridge. At that point, I didn't dare enquire about the plastic head of garlic placed by a set of dials!! Anyone else notice any Good Luck tokens, pictures, etc.?

video screens (showing the engines and underwater pods).

Best Regards,

Floris

All right, I know this is probably a silly question, but I'm intrigued by the literal translation of what you wrote, and just can't help myself...

Did they actually have screens showing the pods under the water?

I thought the Elite level members always get invited for a bridge tour, or maybe I've been lucky in which ships and cruises I've selected. I also got a bridge tour on my last Princess cruise without a charge. The Princess ship tours include a great deal more than just the bridge and engine control room but they still aren't worth the money to me.

I miss the old days :(- about twenty years ago on the Costa Daphne (400 passengers) we were allowed to go to the bridge anytime at sea during the day. The only restriction was not while entering or leaving a port.

We would look at the radar and the officers would point out the vessels we were seeing. It was very cool

I don't think we'll ever have that opportunity again.

Last year when we were on the Xpedition they had an open bridge policy. We would go very night on our way to our cabin. Love it. They also have engine room tours, and you could go right up to the engines, the engine room was a guided tour. DH was in seventh heaven.

Laura

I can see touring the bridge and engine controll room! Never the Engine Room, since it is too dangerous! I have been happy to see many of those engine rooms, but I have to tell you it stinks it is mega loud and it is damn HOT!

NO injurance would cover any accident happen to a Guest in case something would happen in a CREW AREA! That is actually the main reason of NO tours of the real engine room!

The most spectacular one was on the QE2!

With Princess for your $150 each for the tour, you get to see the funnel, engine control room, no the engine room and bridge. You also get a chefs jacket.

You can probably imagine what I would like to tell Princess what they can do with their $300 per couple tour.

With Princess for your $150 each for the tour, you get to see the funnel, engine control room, no the engine room and bridge. You also get a chefs jacket.

You can probably imagine what I would like to tell Princess what they can do with their $300 per couple tour.

Head Chef jacket?!

Thank you for the answer!

Archived