Why are prices so much better for NCL?

brenderlou

[quote name='CruisnGram']I guess that's why I'm so damned easy to please. :D

I ALWAYS stay at Circus Circus when in Vegas. Best prices, large nice rooms, etc. I don't want to sleep on the floor, in a flea bag hotel, but I'm just not into spending twice the money or more to lay down and sleep at night.

So much for my high tastes! LOL

CG[/QUOTE]
somewhat the same, but I do draw the line with C/C in Vegas. We will go downtown during the winter or Flamigo summer...we just sold our time share which was a Hilton so we got pretty spoiled, now we do the Laughlin scene instead...

Nita

[quote name='travelntreats']You really need to do more research on this statement or perhaps take some more POLAR Online classes... Princess is NOT a "Premium" Cruiseline.....They were many many years ago and vowed NOT to go Mass Market, but slipped into that enigma years ago when the Grand Princess debuted ! Even HAL boasts being "Premium" but is borderline at best. Celebrity is the closest to Premium before stepping up to Crystal, Seabourne, Azamara, etc....[/QUOTE]

I agree completely. As much as I like HAL they have come down a notch, even Celebrity has. I would say perhaps we could put Oceana in the premium catagory, not quite luxury.

Nita

[quote name='newmexicoNita']somewhat the same, but I do draw the line with C/C in Vegas. We will go downtown during the winter or Flamigo summer...we just sold our time share which was a Hilton so we got pretty spoiled, now we do the Laughlin scene instead...

Nita[/quote]

I agree! You do not need to go as ghetto as that place to save money. There are plenty of deals to be found in better and cleaner properties. Shop around and you will see. Even go off the strip to the locals places which have free shuttles to the Strip as well.

[quote name='ugen512']Since I am in the biz and have cruised on all but Hal of the major 6 lines....

You really can't compare NCL to Princess since PCL is a premium line. RCL is usually higher than CCL and NCL since it has very little problem filling their ships. They rarely run below 97-98% capacity. NCL has had the best pricing over the last few months probably due to the hits the took in Hawaii and they are trying to re-establish themself after declining revenue for many years.

IMO NCL is good for the price but don't expect RCL service and food.[/QUOTE]

If your in the biz, you may want to rethink your position. RCI, Carnival and Princess are all Mass Market cruise lines, Celebrity and HAL are considered premium, but in my book, barely even hugging that fence now.

NCL, you all may not want to hear this, i am aq cheerleader to no line, but NCL is considered a budget line by many TA's. I would consider it a Mass Market line also, but definitely below the other 3....JMHO....

[quote name='newmexicoNita']I agree completely. As much as I like HAL they have come down a notch, even Celebrity has. I would say perhaps we could put Oceana in the premium catagory, not quite luxury.

Nita[/quote]
When HAL changed their "No tipping required" identity... thats when things started to deteriorate in my eyes.... And Celebrity too has started to decline, but perhaps will get back in line with the new Solstice.... I had the honor of sailing on a 2 nighter on her this month and she is without question FABULOUS in so many ways !

Archived