Parking

dleighb

We are driving to FLL for our cruise. I see the Park 'n Fly on the HAL website. Is Port Everglades the port for FLL? So would we park at the Park 'n Fly there, shuttle to the ship and then repeat in reverse for the return? Is there another option to consider?

Thank you.

We are driving to FLL for our cruise. I see the Park 'n Fly on the HAL website. Is Port Everglades the port for FLL? So would we park at the Park 'n Fly there, shuttle to the ship and then repeat in reverse for the return? Is there another option to consider?

Thank you.

Short answer --

Information on parking at the cruise port can be found at

http://www.broward.org/port/cruise_p...fo_parking.htm

basically, it is $15/day max for your stay. There is plenty of parking available.

If you want to save a little money, try

http://www.pnfnetwork.com/

They are located just off the port, offer a shuttle to and from the ship, and are a little cheaper. Several cruise lines offer discounts, I don't know if Carnival is one.

I have parked here three times and had no problems.

Also, if you arrive in FLL the night before several hotels will allow you to park for the week and shuttle you to the port. I don't know about returning to the hotel after the cruise.

An earlier thread with discussion can be found at -

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=871174

Rich

At the entrance to Port Everglades, the guard will ask for your driver's license so have it ready. This would be for everyone in the car. We reached for our passports but he again said "driver's license".One would expect a passport would do if you do not drive.

At the entrance to Port Everglades, the guard will ask for your driver's license so have it ready. This would be for everyone in the car. We reached for our passports but he again said "driver's license".One would expect a passport would do if you do not drive.

We have always one into the port by cab and IIRC we always showed our passports,

It wouldn't make a lot of sense to demand a foreign drivers license rather than accept a passport.

• 2 weeks later...

Rich,

In the discussion about off-port parking, you state: " Also, if you arrive in FLL the night before several hotels will allow you to park for the week and shuttle you to the port. I don't know about returning to the hotel after the cruise." I've spent some time on web searches and going thru the threads. I've only found two hotels mentioned in one of the threads. One that seems popular is LaQunita. We stayed at a LaQuinta in Tampa and parked but were not real happy with the accommodations so would like to check out several others. The other hotel I found mentioned in the thread was Hilton Gardens. Can you give me a link to find other hotels with this option? Thanks in advance for all the help.

Sunflower

A fellow Mariner - 102 days on Holland America

:) try this site: STAY123.COM I recently used them to book a room prior to a 42 day cruise in Jan. & was able to book a room at COMFORT SUITES through them which includes 30 days free parking. the price for the room was actually quite a bit less than booking through the hotel itself. aqfter 30 days the charge $10.00 per day. They provide shuttle service to and from the airport and the cruiseport

You will get the best price if you book Park n Fly through the HAL website rather than the pnfhetwork website. ($82 vs $91 for a week of parking). I have used Park-n-fly at other locations and have always been satisfied with their service and security.

Rich,

In the discussion about off-port parking, you state: " Also, if you arrive in FLL the night before several hotels will allow you to park for the week and shuttle you to the port. I don't know about returning to the hotel after the cruise." I've spent some time on web searches and going thru the threads. I've only found two hotels mentioned in one of the threads. One that seems popular is LaQunita. We stayed at a LaQuinta in Tampa and parked but were not real happy with the accommodations so would like to check out several others. The other hotel I found mentioned in the thread was Hilton Gardens. Can you give me a link to find other hotels with this option? Thanks in advance for all the help.

Sunflower

A fellow Mariner - 102 days on Holland America

I am glad someone else has given you an answer. Personally, I stay the night before about 3 hours out (I am driving form NE GA). I have been parking at the Park'N'Fly the last few cruises. I mentioned the hotel parking because several threads talk about it and I wished to be as complete as possible.

Rich

Thank you. We will investigate the options.

Rich, where do you stay 3 hours out? Our drive will be 13 - 14 hours. We could push to do it in a day, but we may call it quits about 3 - 4 hours out. We will be coming on from Louisiana, so I'm not sure if we would be hitting the same road or not.

Thank you. We will investigate the options.

Rich, where do you stay 3 hours out? Our drive will be 13 - 14 hours. We could push to do it in a day, but we may call it quits about 3 - 4 hours out. We will be coming on from Louisiana, so I'm not sure if we would be hitting the same road or not.

My drive is about 11 hours. I usually drive about 8, straight down I95 in Florida, then stop somewhere between Daytona Beach and Titusville. This gives me about 3 hours the morning of the cruise, arriving usually about 11:30 - 12:00 which usually works out pretty good for boarding. For me this is great since I am not rushed to get moving either day.

According to yahoo maps, your time difference in going across I10 to I95 at Jax is about 30 minutes more than driving down the center of the state on I75. On that route, Orlando would be about 3 hours out, but due to the theme parks, hotel rooms might prove to be a bit expensive.

Rich

Thanks for the info. I did check the stay123 website out and found the Comfort Suites as well as a Days Inn. The Days Inn has free parking for 12 days. Both have free shuttles to and from the port. I want to call and see what rate I can get but I see the stay website had a better rate in your case. Will let you know how I make out.

Checked out some reviews on TripAdvisor so ruled out staying at Days Inn. Went to the Comfort Inn website and got great rate using the code for an organization that I belong to; but, when I called to verify we could park our car there, I was told they would charge us $6 a day for the days that we are on the cruise. That negated my savings as we would be parking for 10 additional days, so I too found the stay123 website rate is better. Hope this and FrankieD's posting helps someone else.

We live in Orlando and generally drive to Ft Lauderdale and stay at the La Quinta Inn the night before the cruise. They allow you park in their lot for free until you return from the cruise.

They have a free shuttle to the port and the return cab costs about $20.00

Ruth & Jim

I believe that the Hyatt Pier 66 also provides free parking while on a cruise. You can see the ships from the hotel and it's about a $10 taxi to the pier. It sounds like there are many good options for hotels that offer free parking. Have a great cruise! Cherie

I believe that the Hyatt Pier 66 also provides free parking while on a cruise. You can see the ships from the hotel and it's about a $10 taxi to the pier. It sounds like there are many good options for hotels that offer free parking. Have a great cruise! Cherie

Parking while staying at Pier 66 is not free. I don't usually stay there (I'm a Marriott person) but have recently. These are current rates.

Outdoor valet parking $23 plus 6 percent tax per day.

Outdoor self parking $19 plus 6 percent tax per day.

While this is secure parking and I would leave my car there, it's cheaper at the cruise terminal.

I wouldn't be willing to park my car in the unsecured lots that most hotels offering free parking provide.

Archived