Bus Terminal Brooklyn or New York

scanner219

Cruising a repo ending in Brooklyn on a Sunday. I need to get transportation back to Philadelphia. I just noticed Brooklyn has a bus terminal. Are there any downsides using this station instead of New Yorks? Or do you have any other suggestions for transportation back to Philly?

Cruising a repo ending in Brooklyn on a Sunday. I need to get transportation back to Philadelphia. I just noticed Brooklyn has a bus terminal. Are there any downsides using this station instead of New Yorks? Or do you have any other suggestions for transportation back to Philly?

I would take a cab to Penn Station in Manhattan and take an Amtrak train to Philly.

Amtrak would be your most expensive option other than flying. I would look at Greyhound which leaves from Port Authority at 40th and 8th. They are showing a rate of $13 if you pick a time and buy an e-ticket. There is also an independent bus that goes from Brooklyn (60th & 8th - Borough Park?) http://www.2000coach.com/brooknyphil.html. However, you still have to take a cab to either departure point. Personally, I would not want to be standing around on a street corner in NY with cruise luggage waiting for a bus.

I've used the e-tickets a several times between Boston and New York. You want to pick a departure time you can be comfortable with. Last time I had a 9 am ticket to NY, got to the bus station at 7:30, and had no problem getting on the 8 am bus.

I'm sure the Brooklyn station goes back through the Port Authority.

I agree with the above.

Go to Penn Station but take Megabus instead of Amtrak.

http://www.megabus.com/us/

If you book far enough in advance, you may find $1 fares. That is correct, one dollar. A 50 cent booking charge will also apply. The bus leaves from the southwest entrance to Penn Station at 31st St. and 8th Ave. It stops in Philadelphia either at Independence Mall or 30th St. Station.

Depending on your departure date, enter the term "greenbus" in the box for Promotion Code and you may find other savings.

In my experience the bus is clean, comfortable and offers free wi-fi.

Archived