Sapphire Pricess 11/23 DELAYED

bobnsofi

Was on the 11/15 cruise. As the last tender was being recovered, several components inside the gear box of the wench failed. They attempted to “rebuild” the box and when they tried to use it several hours later, at least one hydraulic line burst.

They somehow got a motor hooked up to the wench that was totally inadequate for the job. The tender was raised at about an inch every minute. By the way, did I forget to mention the Sapphire crew were stuck in the tender for over four hours?

The tender is one of the life boats, and had to be secured and be able to be controlled and deployed if the need.

Hey Guys, just wanted to let you know that we actually made our flight(s) to Denver & Dallas. However, the 'walkoff' group who were gathered in Club Fusion was an absolute mess! Too many people gathered near the door with their luggage. The young crew member (girl) did not take control and make everyone take a seat. She made 4 or 5 announcements over the pa system in the room, but no one could hear her because she was not projecting her voice enough. Someone (with leadership ability) should have come into the room and demanded that everyone back away from the door area and take a seat.

When my wife and I got to the area where you insert your card into the machine, they pulled her aside and made her wait till someone contacted guest services to find out what the problem was. Keep in mind we were trying to catch a 12:45 flight at LAX. Turns out, there was no problem with our account...another case of the 'left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing'! (Ernie).....we were fit to be tied. THen....we could not get back in line to get off because there were so many people, all with luggage, rushing by. We had to ask one of the security guys who pulled us off in the first place to help us get back in.

Luckily, there were no customs check when we got into the terminal so we went straight out and flagged a taxi.

Here's my big problem with the manner in which Princess handled this 'mishap': I fully understand that "manure" (as someone else has appropriately described)...does happen. However, when it causes customers (passengers) so much inconvenience and "stress", Princess should offer, at the very least, a couple of hundered dollars OnBoard Credit toward their next Princess cruise. I am very upset with Princess over the manner in which they handled this thing. I will, most certainly, be writing a letter to Princess management expressing my displeasure.

Hope you & Sofi made it home OK and all is well at home. We had a great cruise and enjoyed our dinners with everyone at our table.

Think of me whenever you go to Hooters!!

Until Later, Dick & Ernie

Archived