New Marlow interview about QE2

Cunard Cruiser

I am perplexed by a Carol Marlow quote in khaleej times:

Marlow said that negotiations were “going well” and added: “We are convinced that Dubai is a wonderful home for our ship to go to.”

It has been a done deal for over a year. What else could they be in negotiations for? More desecration of this beloved ship?

http://www.khaleejtimes.com/DisplayArticle.asp?xfile=data/theuae/2008/November/theuae_November489.xml&section=theuae&col=

Maybe they will go poorly and Ian will turn right instead of left at the bottom of the Suez Canal and take our ship off to a nice safe place. Carol Marlow and a couple others will be handed off to the pirates. Then he and Com Warwick will hand QE2 off to NCL who will rename her SS Queen of England. After a refit at Norfolk VA, she will sail from New York and Miami to on 7-14 day cruises to the islands including Bermuda. NCL stock will go up and Carnival's will continue to crash.

Amen

^^ After what NCL did to Norway, you'd like to see QE2 handed over to them?

Almost - almost! - I would indeed! I sailed as a child on the maiden voyage of the France and have fond memories of her. I agree that she was completely ruined by NCL. But she went to the beaches with her funnel intact!

HEY! As they drive her farther and farther away from civilization, I get to dream if I want to. Looking back that was pretty good for a late night on Friday.

Feel free to do better.

Seachase - feel free to tick my picture site at the bottom of my previous listing. Pick cruise ships and then you can look at my SS France shots from 72 and 74. They have gotten good reviews.

Maybe they will go poorly and Ian will turn right instead of left at the bottom of the Suez Canal and take our ship off to a nice safe place. Carol Marlow and a couple others will be handed off to the pirates. Then he and Com Warwick will hand QE2 off to NCL who will rename her SS Queen of England. After a refit at Norfolk VA, she will sail from New York and Miami to on 7-14 day cruises to the islands including Bermuda. NCL stock will go up and Carnival's will continue to crash.

Amen

Much as I love the old girl, is there any way she could even be made SOLAS compliant for 2010? The wood, the partial stairwells, the bibby corridors??! Unless she could get some kind of SOLAS exemption, I can't see how she could continue at sea.

HEY! As they drive her farther and farther away from civilization, I get to dream if I want to. Looking back that was pretty good for a late night on Friday.

Feel free to do better.

Seachase - feel free to tick my picture site at the bottom of my previous listing. Pick cruise ships and then you can look at my SS France shots from 72 and 74. They have gotten good reviews.

Thanks, Winchester, terrific!

Archived