How to organize a cruise critic get together for Princess

AWorldCruise4Me

Hi,

We have a group on the Tahitian Princess World Cruise roll call and would like to get together after we get on the ship. But I don't know how to organize one. Who do we contact at Princess? What sort of support does Princess provide?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Michelle

Michelle,

There are contact people for each ship. I do not know them. I can tell you what I have had happen. The roll call people themselves set up a time and place on the ship. These are nice. A person may bring name tags or have a sign.

Also with the contacts for each ship. they will set up a time where you get some free nuts and a bartender at a location. With Princess it is up to what the roll call wants to do. When I did Hawaii last year our Roll Call did a horse race on the ship as a team and won. I think the longer cruises with lots of sea days you tend to plan more events.

Our initial get together on any ship has always been around sailaway (befoere, after or during). In theses instances we have always arranged them ourselves and met in a prearranged lounge, the pool bar, etc and wore "identifiers" such as beads or CC hats. When we were really organized once we had hats made just for us, LOL! The cruiseline would usually provide a lounge area for an hour or so on a sea day. Contact Princess, tell them you would like a place to meet on a sea day and they will get in contact with the right person. We would sometimes have at least 3 parties on a 7 - 9 night cruise, but Princess only provided a space for one. Just think of all the parties you can have on a World Cruise!:D Sounds like fun.;)

Here are some ideas of what we have done (on our own): Sailaway at the Pool Bar, Sailaway in bad weather in any lounge with a great sea view, Cabin Crawls, Party on the balcony of a lucky CC member with a full suite, pre-dinner cocktails in a favorite lounge, luncheon in the dining room during regular luncheon hours (prearrange with the food & beverage manager once on board), arrange a "group" private excursion at a popular port, have a "beach day" at a beachy type of port where you all arrange to go and grab one area of the beach together. There are tons of ways to enjoy each others company. Have a wonderful time........and, BTW.....I'm jealous!:o

I had a thread on finding out who to contact with Princess to do a CC meeting and here's what I got. I just found the ship I am going on and sent an e-mail and I did get a reply. We are going on the Golden Princess next Wednesday and have our meeting set up in Skywalker's for our first sea day. Hope this helps you.

Here is the most recent list of meeting/event contact people for all Princess ships:

Berda Davis

Star, Tahitian,

(661) 284-4451

bdavis@princesscruises.com

Diana Hall

Diamond, Sun

(661) 284-4449

dhall@princesscruises.com

Jenny Streeck

Sapphire, Dawn

(661) 284-4444

jstreeck@princesscruises.com

Berna Grayr

Emerald

(661) 284-4448

bgrayr@princesscruises.com

Sue Tieman

Grand, Pacific

(661) 284-4446

stieman@princesscruises.com

Coleen Reyes

Crown, Sea

(661) 284-4447

creyes@princesscruises.com

Renee Wittwer

Island, Coral, Ruby

(661) 284-4443

rwittwer@princesscruises.com

Elizabeth Williamson

Caribbean

(661) 284-4442

ewilliamson@princesscruises.com

Jan James

Royal, Golden

(661) 284-4452

jjames@princesscruises.com

Candice Lemell

Special Diets

(661) 284-4450

clemell@princesscruises.com

Here are some ideas of what we have done (on our own): Sailaway at the Pool Bar, Sailaway in bad weather in any lounge with a great sea view, Cabin Crawls, Party on the balcony of a lucky CC member with a full suite, pre-dinner cocktails in a favorite lounge, luncheon in the dining room during regular luncheon hours (prearrange with the food & beverage manager once on board), arrange a "group" private excursion at a popular port, have a "beach day" at a beachy type of port where you all arrange to go and grab one area of the beach together.

Great ideas. Another one is to go to Afternoon Tea together.

Archived