Who has stayed in a Concierge Class Cabin?

marthabro

If you have stayed in a Concierge Class Cabin in the last few months specifically on the Galaxy or Mercury could you tell me what it was like and what was the best part? We just got upgraded to 1138 and want to know what to expect?

Thanks

• 2 months later...

to get a CC cabin, especially AFT! It isn't worth more than that. I read folks paying $800 per couple for it - NOPE!

First cruise as CC in Sept with it, we had no luxury bed, just the single mattress atop a steel frame & some unknown contraption that was 2 sheets sewn together with a quilted itchy dark grey thing hanging out the top & bottom. No blankets, sheets on top, and the middle had us rolling into each other.

We got on in under 2 minutes with the CC desk at embarkation, but disembarkation ws a joke. You get a letter that you bring with you for customs check. Then a postcard stating that CC folks goto the cinema at 9AM for continental breakfast & wait to disembark. Well all 3000 people we in line at 7AM & it wa close to 9AM when we got thru customs - FORGET THAT! Second cruise as CC we stayed in stateroom til 9AM then went down to customs. We sat in the cinema with folks that were not CC, nothing to eat or drink as they told me we were to be off the ship by 9AM. I showed them the postcard we were sent & they laughed showing it to each other. We were last folks off the ship & quite irritated sitting in those tiny chairs. Then we learned that in the CELEBRITY TODAY it listed the tag colors & time of disembarkation. So now we learned & second cruise we had a late flight so we knew we were close to last when we checked the handout. So we slept in, had breakfast on the balcony, went to customs at 9AM (short line) then packed & left. Much better!!!!

We are select so we get more invites than we did as Classic but CC gets even more invites to stuff. Husband bought the CC robe & loves it with what we see in stores for twice the price. A problem I am seeing is the wonderful leather tote that folds out of a purse atop your bed the last night. We have done 2 CC cruises & hope our third we get something else as we have 2 & that is enough.

Anyone else have this with more than 2 CC category cruise????

Is what we got 2 of. Last night we see this large purse with fold over snap on it atop the bed. I was feeling the nice leather & unsnapped it to see inside & it was all sorts of folds. So DH grabs one & pulls & out comes this enormous leather zipper bag. His robe fit with my jewelry & cosmetics and the box of chocolates we got. Then 2nd CC cruise we got another one.

In the closet is the typical navy blue cloth Celebrity tote bag which we used to get booze from the duty free store. Gave it to my mailgal when we got home. 2nd one went to the grocer manager.

I was hoping for something other than another bag, which we don't need.

MACOP: We just got back last week. The last night they left a really nice water proof bag on the bed. Came in real handy for throwing last second stuff in.

I would agree, it's not worth more than $100 pp per week. The bed and shower head were great.

OK im nervous now! Dh and I are staying in a CC cabin on our upcoming trip to alaska (infinity 12 night rt san francisco) by the sounds of everything i have read on these boards the CC is just not worth it I could have gotten a balcony room and have been just as happy....Are there any good points to a CC room? I need something to make me less nervous now ;)

BarbaraBeep, Don't be nervious. Each one of us must try different things to see if they are right for us. After you go, if you feel it wasn't worth it, next time just book a balcony room. I'm traveling CC with friends in 3 weeks and hope the perks are ones that I enjoy. Will post when I get back with my humble opinion. I've made up my mind that nothing is going to spoil this cruise.

We just returned from Century and were in a CC cabin. We loved it. The perks are small, but it doesn't take alot to make my wife happy :) and it was only $40-50 more pp than the next category down. We enjoyed the pillow menu and the free champagne. We actually received one on sailing day and another mid-week, not sure why, but we didn't complain. I didn't think the shower head was anything fancy. They should instead install one of those shower bars that has about 4 nozzles on it. I'm not sure if our CC room had anything to do with us getting an invite to the Captains table and a bridge tour or not.

We booked a CC cabin on the Summit for our next cruise primarily for location. We didn't want to be directly above the lifeboats. But even if the bed is better it will be worth it for us. We didn't really pay that much more and we got an extra incentive gift from our TA for upgrading. It's also nice to get priority boarding. Sometimes it's the little things that really add up. I'm looking forward to what everyone says about it as time goes on.

I've been in CC twice. I didn't pay much for the difference in cabin.

The second time around there were 3 of us in the cabin. We weren't related. Only 1 card holder was left for us....we had to ask - which sort of turned into begging - for 2 more. He really made a big deal out of the fact that he needed permission from his supervisor for the three of us to each have our own. We asked, on the day of embarkation, to try out one of the pillow offerings. We each asked for a different one. Well, they were all gone! How can they be all gone the first day?

We did receive all the other perks. They were nice.

Barbarabeep,

we stayed in a CC Cabin on the Infinity last year, and loved it. it was an aft cabin with a huge balcony. The room stewards were great. The towels are thicker and bigger. There are 2 hairdryers. Extended breakfast menu for room service. We had fresh flowers every day, and the fruit bowl was always rerplenished. We didn't care for the 5:00 P.M. canapes, so they brought us cheese and more fruit. The room steward knew that we drank a bottle of white wine every night before dinner, so every morning he filled up the ice bucket and chilled the wine for us. He was a dream!

We're leaving next month on the Millennium and have booked the same room, 9162.

Hope the Millennium will match up to the Infinity.

Mari

We had cc on the Millenium and it was definitely worth it. The bedding was much better and nothing like what MACOP described. It was a Cotton duvet with a down comfortor inside. Very comfortable cotton sheets as well, and a down padding on the mattresses. The towels were great, as were the robes. Also appreciated the better blow dryer and flowers. Breakfast menu was great, especially loved the yogart parfeit.

Also to note though - I don't think I could justify paying $800 pp for the upgrade, but I'd say anything for $250 or less pp would be worth the extra room and ammendities (though I consistently see it for only about $100 pp extra and well worth it - IMHO).

We sailed on Millenium last week in an aft balcony CC on Deck 8. The balcony was fantastic - actually larger than our cabin. We lucked out in that when we booked these cabins were not CC but were upgraded at no cost. We enjoyed many of the CC touches. The flowers in the cabin were very nice and there was a rose in the bathroom (replaced a few times). The Egyptian cotton towels were the best we have had on any cruise. The mattesss was great. We used the umbrella in San Juan for afternoon showers. I would not pay $800 extra for CC, but might pay $800 extra for aft balcony cabins which happen to be CC.

But we were rewarded for what we put up with. Deliveries not made to the ship in time for the sail & folks were quite unimpressed.

Now Infinity was a great bed they way it was to be, pillows on the sofa, a pillow menu that was great to sleep like a baby with. The eggshell (I think that's what we were told ) mattress pad gave a great back rub also when I rolled side to side and the AFT CC stateroom just made it perfect!

We had cc on the Millenium and it was definitely worth it. The bedding was much better and nothing like what MACOP described. It was a Cotton duvet with a down comfortor inside. Very comfortable cotton sheets as well, and a down padding on the mattresses. The towels were great, as were the robes. Also appreciated the better blow dryer and flowers. Breakfast menu was great, especially loved the yogart parfeit.

Also to note though - I don't think I could justify paying $800 pp for the upgrade, but I'd say anything for $250 or less pp would be worth the extra room and ammendities (though I consistently see it for only about $100 pp extra and well worth it - IMHO).

Nine in a CC cabin will be real intimate..!

We had one on a two week trans-canal Summit trip and have booked one for a summer Baltic cruise. On both occasions it was a travel agent special, so I'm not sure how much extra (if anything) we paid.

The little extra room is welcome, the "high quality" binoculars are like something out of a Lucky Bag (nickel & dime store in American English?), the canapes were not very exotic and mainly left uneaten. We had to stop them in the end. A special shower head? Who gives a ....?

Our balcony on 9 deck was overshot by the buffet restaurant or pool deck, so got hardly any sun.

On the M-class ships CC is ok, but the inside cabins suit me just as well.

Sorry to be such a grumpy old moaner, but we do enjoy our voyages on Celebrity, and after all these pages are called Cruise Critic!

Can't remember the exact one, but something like 9070. All the cabins underneath the pool area suffer the same overhang. I suspect those under the buffet restaurant might not be so bad, and the four at the stern are not overhung but are overlooked!

than it is worth it. When we book over a year in advance, so we get CC AFT cabin, we never have paid more than $100 total to upgrade from 2 to CC.

This is definately worth it, for supreme cabin, all the perks, all the invites, special dining table on the balcony with cushioned chairs, cushioned lougers. Feel like a millionaire!!!

OK im nervous now! Dh and I are staying in a CC cabin on our upcoming trip to alaska (infinity 12 night rt san francisco) by the sounds of everything i have read on these boards the CC is just not worth it I could have gotten a balcony room and have been just as happy....Are there any good points to a CC room? I need something to make me less nervous now ;)

Even booking over a year in advance we were unable to get an aft cabin. But we did get 6135 which does have a wider balcony though it looks like it may be dark.

We paid an additional $325/pp when we upgraded to CC from a 2B (a 2 level jump). But we'll receive a giftcard from our TA for the difference so it ends up coming out even.

Archived