Who has stayed in a Concierge Class Cabin?

marthabro

We recently stayed in cabin 9080 on the summit, cc. It was our first time in cc and we thoroughly enjoyed it-it's all in your attitude! We loved the champagne and the daily canapes(small as they were). To be honest, we did not seek out cc, but we found a deal that was great and we went with it. I must say, however, that our steward was lovely(Josephino), but was a tad overworked-I surmise it was the older passengers that kept him busier! This was our first ever January cruise-we are in our older 40's but felt like babies compared to the other guests. We did find other people our own age, but if anyone goes in January, be prepared for the wheelchair brigade, god bless them! I have always felt as though any cruise can't be bad-my husband and I make our own fun and we enjoyed the cc as much as we would have enjoyed an ocean view. The faster embarkation and debarkation, I would say , is the biggest advantage to cc. If you are lucky enough to get the upgrade, go for it and enjoy!

when my TA phoned & told me to jump on it. 9201 was mine & we took it, now we wait for the price to fall or perks to show, tho it has $400 since August. Like we are paying cruise only not air or taxes.

So now I know to give her the list of where we'd like to cruise, since we do not cruise twice to the same port, so she can get us on it with 9201 as our cabin. That is home & plenty of folks can come enjoy themselves with us too........ 11/20/05 Transcanal!!!!

Even booking over a year in advance we were unable to get an aft cabin. But we did get 6135 which does have a wider balcony though it looks like it may be dark.

We paid an additional $325/pp when we upgraded to CC from a 2B (a 2 level jump). But we'll receive a giftcard from our TA for the difference so it ends up coming out even.

Emmilu, I was in 9201 on the Infinity. I believe it is the same cabin, different ship. We had sun on the balcony in the mid to late afternoon. We were sailing from San Diego to Hawaii and back, so it was a SW and NE direction.

The sun doesn't come onto the balcony very far, but a few times we had to move the deck chairs back from the rail due to the warmth of the heat.

You will enjoy the balcony. Nice sunsets heading Eastward. :D

9201 is half covered & half open by the railing where we have our 2 loungers & small table between, table & chairs (we request 4 chairs & large table) is under cover near the door, between them are recliners that you can move to the sun, great for visitors or leave under cover if it is raining.

For the heck of it, move the bed out there, my joke after we first sailed in it & fell in love with my dream stateroom. 200 sq ft of space, bigger than the stateroom, and my husband thought I was losing it when I asked the steward if we could move the bed. They both got quite a laugh out of it.

Great for meals, especially after a long excursion when you are pooped & do not want to dress for dinner. With the dressed table for breakfast, lunch or dinner, you will also fall in love with it & book 14 months ahead to get it.

MACOP-We sail on the Summit in one week in 9201. Will we have any sun on the balcony or is it totally covered all day? Looking forward to the large balcony. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

About those CC canapes...

Mom & I travelled in a CC cabin on Century last Spring. We paid something like $25 or $50 (can't recall which) per person over the next lower cabin category. We really liked the beds, thought they were very comfortable and cosy. Mom also appreciated the extra nice hair dryer. We had orchids in our room the whole time, but they were the same flowers (never replenished). However, after reading this thread, I've gotten to thinking...our fruit bowl was NOT replenished daily and we didn't see one canape the whole time. We were supposed to ask for more fruit and also ask for/set a time for the canapes to be delivered? When they didn't show up automatically we figured that maybe they were just meant for the people in the suites, so we let it slide. On the plus side, our steward kept us continuously supplied with fresh ice, my mom asked for that at the beginning and he didn't forget once the whole time.

We're about to do another trip, this time in a Horizon Suite, and once again I see canapes listed as an amenity. So what's the protocol on the fruit and canapes...do we ask at the beginning or do they just show up? And how about afternoon tea? I'd see the butlers going by with tea carts to the suites that were on our deck. Mom & I adore having tea and we don't want to miss it. I guess we don't like being pushy and picky but at the same time we want to make sure that we at least get a chance to try all the advertised services and amenities.

Ohh im curious on that one too....Do you get afternoon tea service in a CC cabin? How about the extended room service menu?

TIA

Carolyn

Hi Carolyn !

Yes, there is an extended menu for CC Class ! As for afternoon tea, the answer is No, but perhaps if you have a VERY good cabin attendant, he might be able to arrange it for you. I wouldn't count on it though.

I hope that answers your questions :)

There is always room service!

I like the fruit and cheese, and sandwiches. I like to order a pot of tea and goodies in the afternoon. Especially if you get back in from a port too late for lunch. We always have late dinner, so this tides us over until then. My husband likes the cute little pizzas they deliver to the cabin as well.

Actually the cabins themselves are the same as they used to be --perks are different. All of our past cabins are now in CC class so we will try CC next trip on Mercury. Same cabin, higher price,, some perks we hope! Most sought perk for us is priority boarding...

when my TA phoned & told me to jump on it. 9201 was mine & we took it, now we wait for the price to fall or perks to show, tho it has $400 since August. Like we are paying cruise only not air or taxes.

So now I know to give her the list of where we'd like to cruise, since we do not cruise twice to the same port, so she can get us on it with 9201 as our cabin. That is home & plenty of folks can come enjoy themselves with us too........ 11/20/05 Transcanal!!!!

We are booked in 9201CC for our first cruise to the southern Carribean on 3/19. Please email me or post and tell me all about it. Thank you for your time.

jcarcaramo@yahoo.com

This is from the Celebrity website. This is what you should be getting...

* Welcome champagne

* Daily fruit selection

* Fresh-cut flowers

* Daily hors d'oeuvres

* Menu of pillows - Conformance, Body, Goose, and Isotonic®

* Duvets and pillow-top mattresses

* Leather key holder, personalized stationery, a tote bag and umbrella

* Double-thick Frette bathrobes

* Hansgrohe® showerhead

* VIP invitations to events

* Early embarkation and debarkation

* Dining and seating preference

* Preference on shore excursions

* Express luggage delivery

What if the other two people you're traveling with aren't in CC? Can they not board early with us? Their room is an inside cabin right across the hall from us. It would sure be a shame if they couldn't board early too. But then, I would wait and give that amenity up...for them. Just curious. Thanks.

[quote name='LovetheSea']This is from the Celebrity website. This is what you should be getting...
* Welcome champagne
* Daily fruit selection
* Fresh-cut flowers
* Daily hors d'oeuvres
* Menu of pillows - Conformance, Body, Goose, and Isotonic®
* Duvets and pillow-top mattresses
* Leather key holder, personalized stationery, a tote bag and umbrella
* Double-thick Frette bathrobes
* Hansgrohe® showerhead
* VIP invitations to events
* Early embarkation and debarkation
* Dining and seating preference
* Preference on shore excursions
* Express luggage delivery[/QUOTE]
OK-I know we get to drink the champagne, and eat the flowers (mmmmm...flowers...) and hors d'oeuvres; but do we get to keep the Hansgrohe® showerhead (what's a Hansgrohe®?), all four pillows, duvet (what's a duvet), pillow-top matress, umbrella, and Double-thick Frette (what's a Frette?) bathrobes?

You must be a man, if you do not know what a Duvet is? A Duvet is a fancy name for a quilt. Usually with a Duvet cover that can be removed and washed. Much cozier than a flat blanket. That would be funny if you asked the cabin steward if the shower head comes off so you to take home with you! :)You get to take the robes home, after you charge them to your ship account. I heard the canapes are awful. Better to eat the flowers.

I have read on the boards that if you don't like the canapes you can get fruit, cheese or even shrimp cocktail served instead. I was wondering if they would bring sushi as the canapes?

Can anyone describe what the different types of pillows are? I've never heard of them. Thanks.

:D

Sushi isn't served in the cafe buffet until 6pm, so it might not be available during the canape hour (as it were) unless you were eating at the late sitting. I think this is one of those "depends on your steward and assisant steward" kinds of things, since sushi isn't on any of the room service menus either that I recall. If you can get them to bring you sushi, then give them something extra in the tip :) (I'd have been happy if I had been offered canapes just to try them to begin with, but you've heard me whine about that enough I suppose.)

I believe I also read something about binoculars in the cc cabin also (on the infinity to Hawaii in November)

[quote name='milogurd']OK-I know we get to drink the champagne, and eat the flowers (mmmmm...flowers...) and hors d'oeuvres; but do we get to keep the Hansgrohe® showerhead (what's a Hansgrohe®?), all four pillows, duvet (what's a duvet), pillow-top matress, umbrella, and Double-thick Frette (what's a Frette?) bathrobes?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='milogurd']OK-I know we get to drink the champagne, and eat the flowers (mmmmm...flowers...) and hors d'oeuvres; but do we get to keep the Hansgrohe® showerhead (what's a Hansgrohe®?), all four pillows, duvet (what's a duvet), pillow-top matress, umbrella, and Double-thick Frette (what's a Frette?) bathrobes?[/QUOTE]
I am sorry for being direct, but that was the most disturbing photo of that child jumping up and down uncontrollably. What was the point of that? Ill ?

Eggs Benedict served on the veranda. The table set with linens and orchids. The stateroom attendant gently patting my foot as he passes by the bed on the way out, saying softly, "Your breakfast is ready, Madame." This is what I love about Celebrity and CC. This is vacation. Wouldn't do less than CC, going on our fifth CC cruise in a week.

Clearly the best thing about the CC class is the expanded breakfast room service menu. Fresh squeezed juices, made to ordor omeletes (would you like danish ham or black forest ham) smoked salmon, smoothies that cost $4 in the Aqua Spa, etc, etc, all served on white linen on your balcony.

Then little touches are nice like the pillows, the upgraded linens and the gold key card.

I also believe as you move up in room categories that the cabin attendants are better.

[quote name='jcarcaramo']I am sorry for being direct, but that was the most disturbing photo of that child jumping up and down uncontrollably. What was the point of that? Ill ?[/QUOTE]

It's the (in)famous "Docs Dance!" that we do when we receive our documentation from the cruise line for our next cruise.

[quote name='cfprunner']I also believe as you move up in room categories that the cabin attendants are better.[/QUOTE]

Hi CfpRunner !

For the most part, that is the case, but 18 months ago, on Millennium, I was in CC Class, and had by FAR, the worst Cabin attendant ever in my years of Cruising. I wont go into all the details, but this person was impossible, and I am very easy to please.

I am happy to say....... that most all of Celebrity's Cabin attendants are wonderful though :)

Archived