Question on first embarkation after drydock

SunPacific

C'mon, you recent Fantasy cruisers. Were you able to board early?

I think the Fantasy situation was different since it was out for longer than 2 weeks and got the full Water Works upgrade, that the Paradise isn't getting yet. You should be OK.

I think the Fantasy situation was different since it was out for longer than 2 weeks and got the full Water Works upgrade, that the Paradise isn't getting yet. You should be OK.

The OP is trying to find out if they can get onboard sooner than the norm since they will be boarding a ship that did not have passengers on previously due to a dry dock completion. No one seems to be able to give a specific answer.... only assumtions and guesstimates. My thinking is boarding time will not be any different than usual and is what to expect.

Hi everyone. We board Paradise in 3 weeks, 2 days (WOO HOO!), when she will be fresh out of drydock. My question is: Because there is no disembarkation to deal with, will we get to board early? Say YES!:p

Hate to burst your bubble, but it is just as likely that you will be delayed. No one gets on until all of the inspections are completed and that sometimes takes longer than anticipated.

The OP is trying to find out if they can get onboard sooner than the norm since they will be boarding a ship that did not have passengers on previously due to a dry dock completion. No one seems to be able to give a specific answer.... only assumtions and guesstimates. My thinking is boarding time will not be any different than usual and is what to expect.

DARN - I want to start my hard-earned, paid in full, quick romantic getaway vacation EARLY!!!!:D And, yes, I will be renewing my membership in the Balcony Club. :rolleyes: Thank you, thank you very much.:p

That's what I meant, they should be OK to board on time.

I guess I'll plan to arrive at 11:00, then. We are in Cat. 12, so the VIPs should be boarding about then.

Do you know about the early check-in on the Queen Mary? It runs from 9 or 9:30 to almost 11:00 and then when they open the doors to the dome, you'd be one of the first inside since you'll be VIP.

Archived