Booze cruise blues!

Lushpuppy

Okay new 2 rci and just finding out that we cant get hard spirits by the bottle from the bar. Next question - do they have Taittinger on board (please god say yes! ) also we like a couple bottles regular bubbly for breakfast etc. I am thinking of buying 24 bottles of korbel brut but is it any good? For mimosas etc? Last ? The wine package can this only be bought pre cruise or can one buy on board? Sorry one more? What is the house champagne? Does rci have am own label champagne like celebrity?

If you are interested in specific brands, like Tattingers, I suggest you call and inquire if you can get it. They can also answer your question about "house sparkling wine" (which I am sure is not champagne). Korbel is okay with OJ but if you are a fan of T it might not be a wine you would be happy with. Do a pre-cruise taste test! :p

There is a cutoff to your order if you use the "Wine and Dine" package, so they can stock your order appropriately. From the RCL website:

GUIDELINES FOR ORDERING:

Weekday Departures (Tues. - Fri.)

Cutoff: 7:00 p.m. EST the day before sailing

Weekend Departures (Sat. - Mon.)

Cutoff: 7:00 p.m. EST the Friday before sailing

European Departures

Cutoff: Three business days prior to sailing

Wine & Dine Packages are not available for late orders.

There is another one on the wine package - codomiu classico? Any better? Actually 24 bottles - just a mouthwash ! Only joking we do share with the others!daughter and niece help out! Usually on a cruise we have at least two bottles a day for mimosas we personally dont drink spirits or beer prefer bubbly! Only spirits we drink are martinis before dinner. Does anyone have a wine list? Surely they must have some decent bubbly on board! Here we buy taittinger for around 35$ a bottle. What about bollinger? Dont like moet.

If you are interested in specific brands, like Tattingers, I suggest you call and inquire if you can get it. They can also answer your question about "house sparkling wine" (which I am sure is not champagne). Korbel is okay with OJ but if you are a fan of T it might not be a wine you would be happy with. Do a pre-cruise taste test! :p

There is a cutoff to your order if you use the "Wine and Dine" package, so they can stock your order appropriately. From the RCL website:

GUIDELINES FOR ORDERING:

Weekday Departures (Tues. - Fri.)

Cutoff: 7:00 p.m. EST the day before sailing

Weekend Departures (Sat. - Mon.)

Cutoff: 7:00 p.m. EST the Friday before sailing

European Departures

Cutoff: Three business days prior to sailing

Wine & Dine Packages are not available for late orders.

Thank you!

Well, the Wine and Dine only offers the Spanish wine you mentioned, Codomiu Classico and Korbel. I've never heard of CC and couldn't find anything about it on the internet (I obviously have too much free time tonight...think I will go pour a glass of wine and relax!)

Found a link to a webshots page which shows you the dining room prices of other Champagnes and Sparkling wines. http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2358108730069108448NhPYbr They do have Tattinger, but prepare yourself for sticker shock.

The Gifts and Gear offers more, but not as good a price as buying in bulk with W&D, as you stated previously. Interestingly, these prices are HIGHER than the same wines in the dining room...hmmm.

Champagnes & Sparkling Wines

Item# 1201

Moet & Chandon, Brut, Champagne

$79.35 USD

Item# 1215

Asti Spumante, Martini & Rossi, Piedmont

$29.90 USD

Item# 1216

Korbel Brut, California, USA

$33.35 USD

Item# 1218

Domain Chandon, Brut, California

$49.45 USD

Here are the champagnes and sparkling wines offered in the dining room. If you want to see the prices (the Taittinger is $159), click on the link in my signature and you'll see the full wine list (oh, honeywell gave you the link, too!).

The house champagne used to be Pol Pot :rolleyes: or some similarly named hideous crap that the Concierge told me cost RCI 87 CENTS a bottle. They've changed it to some other brand that's not as hideous, but I would order Korbel before I'd order that. I recommend that you buy a bottle of the Korbel or any other wine that piques your interest and try it out on land before you order that much.

honeywell, the Gifts & Gear price include a 15% gratuity. If you buy the same bottle onboard they will add that 15% and it'll be the same price.

Asti Spumante, Martini & Rossi, Piedmont, Italy, NVKorbel Brut, California, USA NVDomaine Chandon, Brut Classic, CA, NVCordoniu Classico, Brut, Penedes, Spain, NVMoet & Chandon, Brut, France, NVVeuve Clicquot Ponsardin, Yellow Label Brut, France, NVMumm, Cordon Rouge, Brut, France, NVPerrier-Jouet, Brut, Fleur de Champagne, France, VTaittinger, Blanc de Blancs, Comtes de Champagne, FranceDom Perignon, Brut, Moet & Chandon, France, V

Thank you so much! Thats great info! Although at 159 beginning to wish they DIDN'T have Taittinger! I just dont want my dh buying it like tap water at that price! I cant taste before live in VERY rural Scotland Korbel not around here. I think though we gonna order two of the diamond wine packages as we can utilise the wine for dinner if the bubbly is crap. Ah maybe i should smuggle a few bottles of finest single malt and make a tidy profit on board!

You can order the Wine and Dine package aboard. You will find a station outside the Windjammer on the first day...also several places on the ship.

Now THAT does interest me! Same price as pre paying? That would mean could taste first and choose accordingly. If so problem solved!

Hi,

if you have cruised rcl before you will get a booklet for each person in your room which will give you 20% off a second bottle of your choice.

You also can buy a wine package on board where you can buy 3,4,5, bottles of wine at a reduced price in a mix and match format from a list provided.

Have a great cruise

dave

Now THAT does interest me! Same price as pre paying? That would mean could taste first and choose accordingly. If so problem solved!

Yes, it's the same price as pre-ordering. You could buy a few bottles to try and then decide whether the package is worth buying.:)

Also, I forget which ship you're sailing on, but don't forget to check out the Champagne Bar onboard, where you can try bubbly by the glass. I think they offer Korbel that way and I'm certain that they have Veuve Clicquot by the glass. Cheers!:D

Yes, it's the same price as pre-ordering. You could buy a few bottles to try and then decide whether the package is worth buying.:)

Also, I forget which ship you're sailing on, but don't forget to check out the Champagne Bar onboard, where you can try bubbly by the glass. I think they offer Korbel that way and I'm certain that they have Veuve Clicquot by the glass. Cheers!:D

I think this is why I have been puzzling. It would seem there are a LOT more champagnes on board than is shown in the wine cellar on gifts etc. Veuve Clicquot, yep..love it! Not as much as Taittinger but still yummy! I think we are spoiled now here in the UK as champagne is just so so cheap now to buy in supermarkets. Thank you so much for all your kind help!

Asti Spumante, Martini & Rossi, Piedmont, Italy, NV - undrinkable sweet sugary pop

Korbel Brut, California, USA NV - causes indegestion and headaches

Domaine Chandon, Brut Classic, CA, NV - very drinkable

Cordoniu Classico, Brut, Penedes, Spain - excellant taste and great value for money

If you are a large bubbles drinker then the package may suit you - but make sure they have enough supplies of Cordoniu on board otherwise you may be forced to the alternative Korbel (yeuch)

Ps just spotted you are from the UK - if you want to try Cordoniu then look out for it in Tescos - they have a special on sometimes - the one called Teresa is particularly good!

Asti Spumante, Martini & Rossi, Piedmont, Italy, NV - undrinkable sweet sugary pop

Korbel Brut, California, USA NV - causes indegestion and headaches

Domaine Chandon, Brut Classic, CA, NV - very drinkable

Cordoniu Classico, Brut, Penedes, Spain - excellant taste and great value for money

If you are a large bubbles drinker then the package may suit you - but make sure they have enough supplies of Cordoniu on board otherwise you may be forced to the alternative Korbel (yeuch)

Ps just spotted you are from the UK - if you want to try Cordoniu then look out for it in Tescos - they have a special on sometimes - the one called Teresa is particularly good!

Korbel is just fine for the price. DH and I usually have that by the glass or split before going to dinner. We buy some better stuff (Monet White Star) and put that in our luggage that we check. Have yet had a problem with it making it to our cabin.

IMO - wouldn't waste the good stuff if making Mimosa's with it.

Okay new 2 rci and just finding out that we cant get hard spirits by the bottle from the bar. Next question - do they have Taittinger on board (please god say yes! ) also we like a couple bottles regular bubbly for breakfast etc. I am thinking of buying 24 bottles of korbel brut but is it any good? For mimosas etc? Last ? The wine package can this only be bought pre cruise or can one buy on board? Sorry one more? What is the house champagne? Does rci have am own label champagne like celebrity?

Pretty sure they have Tatts.

We presonally prefer Vevue Cliquot (they have it available).

Oh I cant do the quote thingy from my cell phone web! Anyway thanks all - loathe asti albert am with u on that but no tesco here just cows sheep and online shopping ha ha! Love the widow so looks like a good alternative to taittinger. Looks like we have more choice than i thought - oh we'll survive am sure! :) now whats the best cheapo other than korbel for our mimosa? Got to start the day right!

Okay think I got the korbel message! And yes suprising how good things taste on the 3rd bottle but the next day you pay the price! We honestly drink a BIG amount of bubbly on vacation so will find two . One for evening and one for morning and daytime. Albert what would be your two?

Lushpuppy, bubbly's my drug of choice, too! And I am GREEN that you can buy Taittinger at $35 a bottle!! The Cordoniu will be an excellent addition to your mimosas -- or, frankly, Korbel; I'm not sure I could tell the difference. The Cordoniu is very pleasant -- more of a cava than a champagne. We'll be ordering the Wine & Dine on Enchantment in a few days...and it will all be champagne!

Happy sailing...

Archived