I can't decide between Carnival and RCL

dwing18

I have sailed on both Carnival's Conquest class ships and RCCL's Voyager class ships. It is true that the staterooms are a little smaller on RCCL, 158 sq. ft. vs. 185 sq. ft. My kids have had insides on both lines and been fine. The Conquest class has the outdoor movie screen while the Voyager class has the indoor promenade, ice skating rink, rock climbing wall, etc. Both are lovely ships, I would consider price and itinerary if I was choosing one or the other.

I don't think that you can pick wrong on this one. I believe that you will have a great time with any of these choices. I was on the Valor last year and I had a really good time on that ship, but I am not saying that it would be better than the other choices. As far as I am concerned there is no wrong answer here, that is why people are having a hard time recommending one over the other.

If cabin size is a major consideration, the cabin on Royal Caribbean will be about one third smaller than Carnival (134 vs 185 sq ft). Personally I will never sail RC in an inside cabin again; kinda like being in a coffin.

Cruzman, be careful with generic quotes of stateroom sizes. The 134 square foot is for an inside cabin on the Vision class, but the OP is looking at only Voyager class ships which have larger staterooms.

I am stuck between.

Carnival Conquest, Valor or Triumph

or

RCL Voyager or Navigator

I saw someone posting figures for inside cabins on Voyager vs Conquest??

We had inside guarantees this past Easter and next week before Easter on Voyager and I can tell you the figures being posted are not correct. 134 s.f.??? not on Voyager.

First they gave me a OV on deck 2, 180 s.f., those deck 2 OVs dont fill very well because the deck doesnt go thru because its under the ice rink, all the last minute inside guarantees got them.

This next time they gave me a PR cabin, 167 s.f. Not huge, but its no where as small as being made out here. We really wanted a PR cabin. Everyone on Voyager for this coming spring who booked those $499 prices got nice upgrades to PR cabins. With a window looking inward to the promenade and a window seat and a loveseat.

Voyager has a lot more wow than Conquest for very little $$$ more. Their formula for returning the fuel surcharge is more straightforward, you will know well in advance compared to Carnival.

The 3 tiered dining room on Voyager is wow, the dining room on the Conquest was very pretty and we enjoyed being able to look out the back, didnt have the wow factor, but pretty.

Thank you for you suggestions.

I am leaning towards Carnival because it seems to be better for singles.

Am I wrong.

Why would this be true? I must have missed this part. I dont see much difference. You can put up a notice to meet singles the first night on either. Hard to say which will have more singles. Varys by date, not by cruiseline which are both pretty similar, at least to me.

Voyager will have a dance place that you have to be over 18 to enter, trying to remember the name of the place. The Vault?? Some name like that. The Conquest had a dance place too, that was very active late at night on the Promenade deck. Both seemed to be loud and rocking to me.

Cruzman, be careful with generic quotes of stateroom sizes. The 134 square foot is for an inside cabin on the Vision class, but the OP is looking at only Voyager class ships which have larger staterooms.

While I haven't sailed on a Voyager Class ship, I obtained the inside cabin size from cruisestateroom.com. They list the average size of an inside cabin on Navigator of the seas as 134 sq ft. I once sailed on the Sovereign of the seas in an inside cabin; it was 119 sq ft.

While I haven't sailed on a Voyager Class ship, I obtained the inside cabin size from cruisestateroom.com. They list the average size of an inside cabin on Navigator of the seas as 134 sq ft. I once sailed on the Sovereign of the seas in an inside cabin; it was 119 sq ft.

cruisestateroom.com is wrong. The 134 square feet is only on the Vision class. The staterooms are MUCH larger on the Voyager class which the OP is considering.

I have sailed solo on RCCL multiple times. Definitely hasn't been all couples and I haven't felt out of place. In fact my solo cruises have been some of my funnest cruises. Voyager in fact was my first solo cruise.

Archived