Question about coffee on Navigator...

I've only cruised one time before, so not sure what would work the best. We will be in an aft cabin, deck 7 on NOS. What is the closest place to pick up morning coffee, or can you place a room service order the night before? DH is a little bleary eyed before his first cup;)

You can do a room service order--and the coffee is much better than in the WJ! (IMO!) Or, you can run up to the buffet and get yours "to go".

Room service is probably the best option. Tip about $1-2 for coffee, tea, danish only. They will call your about 10 min. before they arrive, so you'll be ready!

Room service request is done the night before....you fill out the time you want it to arrive and what you want delivered and they pick it up in the middle of the night sometime. For example, we picked 0730-0800. They will call you before they come up. There have been times when they call even earlier than the scheduled time, which didn't make me too happy being woke up by the phone and room service arrived while I was still in bed. BUT, the coffee does taste so much better than the Promenade coffee. That is one of my favorite things about cruising is having my coffee delivered first thing!

Thanks for the quick answer. Does room service take long?

Call for room service before you go to bed, say you want a cup of coffee at 8:00 am and they will deliver it at 8:00 am. they will call your cabin around 15-20 minutes letting you know its on the way.

same with food

Each night the room steward will place the morning Breakfast card on your bed, while you are at dinner. You fill out what you want, just coffee or more, and place it on your outside door knob by midnight or ?

You circle the time in half hour increments, when you want it delivered.

They usually phone minutes before knocking on your door.

If my husband wants coffee at 6 am, he meets them at the door to take the tray, if I am still sleeping in bed. Also $1-2 dollar tip cash, depending on how large your order. It's usually a different person each day doing the delivery. There is no tipping at the end of the cruise for a breakfast tray.

Enjoy the Navigator.

Navi has forward elevators (6) and 'hump' area/midship elevators (8). The Cafe Promenade has Seattle's Best 24/7. WJ isn't open early enough for DH. We were lucky, had a deck 6 forward, next to stairs. He'd go down every morning about 5:30 and have his morning cup sometimes with danish and take it to the Connosoir (sp) lounge for his morning smoke and book reading; I stayed sleeping til 8ish 8-)

I am showing foward elevators and elevators midship according to deck plans. We did Liberty in August and I remember the farthest elevator aft was by the dining rooms/concierge lounge/library.. or am I mistaken?

I just counted those as aft elevators since they were the furthest back set on the ship. Your memory is correct.

Archived