Voyager ship design- cabin overlooking Centrum

janica

We, along with friends, had booked Inside Guarantee cabins through seperate travel agencies. We have received our cabin assignments and the cabins are located next door to one another! If that isn't cool enough, they each have a window overlooking the Promenade area:D. We feel really lucky. Has anyone else had one of these cabins which overlook this area? If so, how did you like the cabin? Any downside??? Thank you!

We, along with friends, had booked Inside Guarantee cabins through seperate travel agencies. We have received our cabin assignments and the cabins are located next door to one another! If that isn't cool enough, they each have a window overlooking the centrum area:D. We feel really lucky. Has anyone else had one of these cabins which overlook the centrum? If so, how did you like the cabin? Any downside??? Thank you!

Are you taking about at the way end of the Royal Promenade?

I have heard that the ones on the lower floor (6th) may be a little noisy when there are activities (parades, parties) happening on the promenade. If you're at the activities it won't be a problem-- only if you want to go to bed really early (10pm or so). The plus side is a great view of the promenade, the window view will be fun! Have a great time!

I am going to be in a promenade cabin on the MOS for a tranx. It is mid-ship on deck 8. It has less sq footage, I see. But it has a bowed window & sitting area. It looks okay & maybe fun. I presume the window does not open? Bec it is arranged the way it is (with the bed 1/2 way in and the window) does it seem bigger than it looks? I DO go to bed around 10 or 11pm has anyone been disturbed at night? I don't mean the occasional holler. Any other comments? Thanks :rolleyes:

What a great upgrade - enjoy it!

Vicki - we were in 7605 and 7607 promenade cabins on the Mariner last year and loved them. My folks had an N inside cabin down the hall, and due to the bed configuration, our cabin definitely felt bigger. The window seat was a wonderful place to curl up and read or watch the world go by in the Promenade. The window doesn't open, but it does feel bigger, since you have extra sitting area (beyond the couch) and the ledge by the window was a great place to store pillows and other little stuff.

We never heard noise from the Promenade (we were further aft overlooking the guest relations area) and it was a nice non-crowded way to watch the parades etc. I would expect there to be a bit of noise midship during parade nights, but that was usually over by 11:15 pm at the latest and I doubt much noise would carry up to the 8th deck. My kids slept right through the parades, though they are pretty sound sleepers.

We booked similar cabins again for our next Mariner trip - I feel they are a great value vs an outside cabin on the Voyager ships.

I hope you all enjoy them.

I am going to be in a promenade cabin on the MOS for a tranx. It is mid-ship on deck 8. It has less sq footage' date=' I see. :rolleyes:[/quote']

Less sq footage than what? It is LARGER not smaller than a regular inside cabin. MOS = mariner Im assuming? 147 s.f. for PR vs. 134 s.f. for inside. Not sure what you mean by it has less s.f.?

PR:

Atrium Promenade View Stateroom

Two twin beds (can convert into one queen-size bed), bowed window with view on the Royal Promenade, private bathroom with shower, vanity area, hair-dryer, mini bar, closed-circuit TV, radio and phone

Average size: 147 sq ft.

On Decks: 6, 7, 8

Inside:

Interior Stateroom

Two twin beds (can convert into one queen-size bed), private bathroom with shower, vanity area, hair dryer, closed-circuit TV, radio and phone

Average size: 134 sq ft.

On Decks: 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

These do seem smaller than what I read on the RCL site though?? but I read on both sites Im sure that the PR was larger than a inside by a small amount. Have to check RCL site now to compare. This is for Voyager class cabins, I think Freedom class is different.

These numbers were from cruisedeckplans.

Firefly, the square footage you are quoting is incorrect. Inside cabins on Mariner are 158 square feet and Promenade cabins are 153 square feet.

The 134 square feet is the size of some of the inside staterooms on the Vision class, not the Voyager class. Even the description for the inside stateroom is incorrect.

Firefly, the square footage you are quoting is incorrect. Inside cabins on Mariner are 158 square feet and Promenade cabins are 153 square feet.

The 134 square feet is the size of some of the inside staterooms on the Vision class, not the Voyager class. Even the description for the inside stateroom is incorrect.

I said thats what I thought too, they didnt seem right. I pulled them cut and paste directly from cruisedeckplans site for Mariner.

Odd huh??

I added the note on the bottom after I took a good look at the figures, but I knew they didnt seem correct. sorry, should have just erased my post when I realized that site had incorrect info. I realized it was wrong as soon as I read thru it but just added a note, instead of just erasing my post. my mistake.

No problems firefly. It's just that I've been in an argument the last few days with someone who keeps quoting those incorrect numbers to me as why Carnival is better - even after I pointed out their source was wrong.

No problems firefly. It's just that I've been in an argument the last few days with someone who keeps quoting those incorrect numbers to me as why Carnival is better - even after I pointed out their source was wrong.

Their cabins could be twice as big and I wouldnt argue Carnival is better. Probably all cruiselines are cutting back on service, so I shouldnt assume RCL hasnt too. Im doing Voyager next spring in a PR is why I knew those figures didnt make sense.

I had a conversation with a friend who teaches computer class while I am next door playing bridge yesterday. He said to me, "Did you know that you get FREE drinks the whole cruise?" I was puzzled. I found out he had turned diamond and had access to the concierge lounge on his transatlantic hahahahhahaha. He was on Mariner Im pretty sure. He couldnt get over the free drinks.

Less sq footage than what? It is LARGER not smaller than a regular inside cabin. MOS = mariner Im assuming? 147 s.f. for PR vs. 134 s.f. for inside. Not sure what you mean by it has less s.f.?

Oops, I meant NOS, navigator of the Seas. 153 sq ft compared to 158 inside including a window seating area so it seemed there was less sq footage. Looking at 147, seems I'm whining, I guess I'm spoiled. Cheers!

Hi, Susan!!!! Or shall I refer to you as Mistress Pirate,(secret aargh)!!!!!;) Thank you for the info!

What a great upgrade - enjoy it!

Vicki - we were in 7605 and 7607 promenade cabins on the Mariner last year and loved them. My folks had an N inside cabin down the hall, and due to the bed configuration, our cabin definitely felt bigger. The window seat was a wonderful place to curl up and read or watch the world go by in the Promenade. The window doesn't open, but it does feel bigger, since you have extra sitting area (beyond the couch) and the ledge by the window was a great place to store pillows and other little stuff.

We never heard noise from the Promenade (we were further aft overlooking the guest relations area) and it was a nice non-crowded way to watch the parades etc. I would expect there to be a bit of noise midship during parade nights, but that was usually over by 11:15 pm at the latest and I doubt much noise would carry up to the 8th deck. My kids slept right through the parades, though they are pretty sound sleepers.

We booked similar cabins again for our next Mariner trip - I feel they are a great value vs an outside cabin on the Voyager ships.

I hope you all enjoy them.

The promenade rooms are wonderful. We had one on the Mariner as a cheaper alternative to a outside room. If you like to peolpe watch, there is a nice window bench that you can sit there and just watch. Definately a cool room to have.

Getting a PR window from an inside guarantee is a visit from the upgrade fairy! Congrats!

The windows are very soundproof. We were on deck 7 on Navigator PR room. We might have heard the two parades a bit, but that was it.

The Promenade rooms seem a bit bigger to me than standard inside. You have the bow window with the extra love seat. That and the couch make a nice sitting area.

The only downside (or I guess it could be an upside) is that you can see inside the cabins across the promenade (and they can see you) through the windows. Make sure you pull the drapes before changing into your bathing suit, making whoopee, etc.

Mike

Deck 7 Promenade rooms on Mariner gave us very little to no noise from the Promenade. Only had to be careful of our neighbors across the promenade. And if you get deck 6, people can actually see you at your mirror from below, so be careful to keep the curtains closed. Otherwise, we enjoyed ours and would book another over an interior but back to balcony for us.

We had purchase Guarantee Interior rooms and were assigned Promenade rooms on Deck 6..... will we have noise issues???

You shouldn't, with the exception of one evening where there is a parade around 11 PM, the promenade is typically dead by 10:30, all the shops have closed, you'll only find some cruisers in the bar and cafe promenade/sorrentos. We found it very suprising that it was so quiet there, we expected it to be craziness but were pleasantly suprised.

Oh, do you happen to know what is under you on the promenade? As long as it isn't the bar, noise shouldn't be an issue.

Archived