Carrying Pineapples on?

farmgirl63

Hi! Do pineapples count towards your carry-on allowance when departing Honolulu? I plan to buy at the airport to avoid the ag inspection hassle but don't want to have an issue with more carry on then allowed.

Thanks!

Tammy

Anything you carry-on counts toward your allowance, including pineapples.

Don't worry about your pineapples. MOST of the time, especially on a mainline US carrier, the boxes of pineapples sold at the airport are overlooked when figuring carry on allowance.

I lived in Hawaii. Used to fly to the mainland monthly. My neighbor flies over 4 times per year to check on our rental property over there. We have both seen all the pineapples everyone buys. NEVER have we seen them denied on a plane, even as recently as three weeks ago.

Sure, you COULD have a problem. I would just buy the darn things at the airport and go about my business. So long as you have just a normal carry on and maybe a purse or laptop bag, I personally wouldn't give it a second thought. The worse that is going to happen is they are going to gate check something.

Archived