teen in seperate rooms

mrdrdoso

we are sailing explorer feb and our 2 daughters age 21 and 14 have there own room, not connecting. does anyone know if I can get an extra room key for them since one is a minor, and visa versa can i get a room key for my youngest so she can check in with me when she is done with the teen club? It makes me nervous that she is in an extra room and I won't know when she gets in at night. Any suggestions?

they can not do anything ahead of time. When you board go to the pursers desk and get the extra keys. If you are worried have her stop by your room at night and check in before going to her room. How many rooms are in between your rooms.

there are 3 rooms in between, she was great last year on ncl, no problems but we were all in the same room.

Lay down the law, both sit down and make a contract of sorts so that she understands exactly what is expected of her. Curfew? Checking in? Outline it all so there are no misunderstandings.

we are sailing explorer feb and our 2 daughters age 21 and 14 have there own room, not connecting. does anyone know if I can get an extra room key for them since one is a minor, and visa versa can i get a room key for my youngest so she can check in with me when she is done with the teen club? It makes me nervous that she is in an extra room and I won't know when she gets in at night. Any suggestions?

We had the same situation October of this year. Just go to guest services and ask for an additional room key. It will open the door, but wont be a "charge card" for the room. Hope this helps,.

We just wanted to know when the kids were in, for good, for the night. We'd have them call our room (rather than knock on the door) to let us know they were back.

You could also have a set time that you are going to call their room.

I don't remember if I had a key to their room. The steward knew we were together and if I needed something from their room (like the sunscreen they forgot to give back) he'd let me in.

We have the same deal with our college age kids when they are home - they give us an approximate time that they'll be in. If they are going to be late, they'll call. When they get in they knock on our bedroom door to let us know they're in.

There are house phones all over the place. You could set a time-frame that you want your daughter to check in.

When we are on a cruise, our schedules are completely out of sync with our boys. No way can I stay up and wait for them to check in, but if they DON'T check in I'll wake up at 3 am wondering if they are in. So this system works for us.

We'd meet up periodically throughout the day, and give each other probable places to find us (they know I'll be at trivia, for example) and it all seems to work out. They pretty much know what they are planning to do for the evening, and we can find them there, or they can find us.

There have always been at least 2 of them hanging together, and they are big (6'4" - 6'7") boys, so I haven't been too worried. I would probably have more concrete plans with a daughter who was on her own.

But the phones are great, because from a safety standpoint, as a mom, if your daughter calls from her locked cabin, you can sleep better.

PS - They LOVED the Explorer at 17. Your family will have a blast!

If you want to use the key to go into the room when you get back on a night, make sure they don't put the deadlock on the door. Our teens did that and, although it shows they're back in the room, it wasn't much use in the morning when one of them wanted me to wake him quietly and his brother wanted to sleep on. I couldn't get in the room and had to call them on the phone (much to the sleepy brother's disgust ;))

Archived