specialty food restaurant & tipping

tbmrt

I read that we can prebook dinner reso's, but am not sure what night we'd want to do so yet.

What are chances of getting a reso (Solstice) last minute onboard?

Do you pay when you make your reso? (Refundable if you eat elsewhere?)

Do you tip your waiter as in a regular restaurant?

Generally, the 'surcharge' includes the tip--you can tip an additional amount, if you thing the service went "above and beyond"...but you don't HAVE to!

Every cruise is different, as to how many are choosing to use the specialty restaurants....If you're not sure when (or if) you want to eat in the SR, then just wait, and take a chance....I'm betting they'll get you a table!

I read that we can prebook dinner reso's, but am not sure what night we'd want to do so yet.

What are chances of getting a reso (Solstice) last minute onboard?

Do you pay when you make your reso? (Refundable if you eat elsewhere?)

Do you tip your waiter as in a regular restaurant?

You make reservations when you're on board, no more than 24 hours prior to when you want to be there. Usually you'll call (or stop by the reservation table, in the main atrium, the morning of the day you want to eat there.

You do not pay when you make your reservation. It's billed to your on-board account. But if you don't CANCEL the reservation (and eat elsewhere) you'll be charged for it.

You can tip your waiter if you choose..but it's not necessary.

You make reservations when you're on board, no more than 24 hours prior to when you want to be there. Usually you'll call (or stop by the reservation table, in the main atrium, the morning of the day you want to eat there.

On Solstice and a lot of other ships now you can pre-book specialty restaurant reservations long before sailing. I believe this is what the OP was referring to.

OP - can't help you as we have not been on Solstice. But I can say that Celebrity does not pre-book every seat in the restaurant, so there are always times available when you board. If you don't pre-book, hustle up there as soon as you get on board!

Archived