First Time Oceania Cruisers

GeriatricNurse

Hi :)

DW & I will be first time Oceania cruisers, being booked on the "Insignia" for a 19 Night South American Splendors cruise, embarking on January 3, 2010 from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil and disembarking on January 22 at Valparaiso, Chile.

We will be in a C1 Category Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom.

Never having cruised with Oceania, I have several questions for you experienced Oceania cruisers!

My questions are as follows:

1. Are you able to obtain your boarding pass

online prior to the cruise?

2. Are you able to bring onboard as much wine

as you wish at embarkation as well as at any

ports of call?

3. What is the corkage fee for a bottle of wine in

the "Grand Dining Room"?

4. Are there any formal dinners requiring a

tuxedo for men & a glittery gown for women?

5. What is the voltage in the staterooms; North

American (110) or European (220/240)?

Thank you very much. :)

Oceania's great.

We did not need a boarding pass for our last Oceania cruise, on Regatta, Mar 09. Everything is done electronically - just have ID and passport when boarding.

Can't answer #2 & #3, as we don't drink.

No gowns or tuxes needed - "country club casual" every day/night. I have taken a blazer on our three Oceania cruises, but never did wear it.

I believe there are both voltages in the cabins.

Answers to your questions:

1. Are you able to obtain your boarding pass online prior to the cruise? There is no “online boarding pass”. However you should go online and fill out all the info prior to boarding

2. Are you able to bring onboard as much wine as you wish at embarkation as well as at anyports of call? YES

3. What is the corkage fee for a bottle of wine in the "Grand Dining Room"? Either $20 or $25 – I can’t exactly remember

4. Are there any formal dinners requiring a tuxedo for men & a glittery gown for women? No

5. What is the voltage in the staterooms; NorthAmerican (110) or European (220/240)? Both

Corkage fee is $20. All the wine you want -- as long as you do not consume it in public areas other than the dining room (with corkage fee). Some people bring cases. I have found in many places that if one has a unique wine it's nice to offer the sommelier a small amount, but I have not used corkage on board Oceania, so I don't know their reaction.

The 110v outlets are what Americans use all the time; the 220v outlets use the little round European plugs.

2. Are you able to bring onboard as much wine

as you wish at embarkation as well as at any

ports of call?

You can also bring alcohol for in your cabin usage for those that prefer a drink before dinner or whenever.

Lyn

Archived