Horizon Court Confusion?

Momma Mojito

The way to ensure that you don't get stuck in a line (we call them queues in the UK) is to avoid the busy periods. We never queued once on our last cruise on the Emerald, we just made certain we never tried to have lunch before 2:00pm, and very rarely used the buffet for breakfast; the restaurant was always faster, and it's much nicer to be served; and of course we always had dinner in the restaurant.

On our last cruise (October on the Island) my dh thought he was correctly lined up, and actually got sharply elbowed by an elderly lady who obviously thought otherwise.

He is definitely not a fan of the Horizon Court after that!

When we are on vacation, we like to minimize standing in line. We also like to be assured of a seat, and not hunt for them while holding a plate of food at the Horizon Court or Cafe Caribe.

Hence, the dining room for breakfast and lunch, and 1st seating traditional for dinner.

DavidnSteph

It took many cruises to convince my travel mate to avoid the buffet. The "feeding time at the zoo" feeling does not appeal to me nor does making 2 laps around the area looking for a table while my food gets cold make for a delightful dining experience. No thank you-we eat all meals in the dining room.

It took many cruises to convince my travel mate to avoid the buffet. The "feeding time at the zoo" feeling does not appeal to me nor does making 2 laps around the area looking for a table while my food gets cold make for a delightful dining experience. No thank you-we eat all meals in the dining room.

I AGREE! The buffet is for the hungry animals!!!

Ron

Although the station concept is ok in normal situations, when it is really crowded and everyone else doesn't understand that these are stations, the station concept doesn't work very well.

For example, there's a long line so that each person is essentially going directly from one station to another and the line is one long line...if you want to go directly to station #2, you will be inserting yourself between 2 people who believe they are in the one long line. And yes, you will appear to be rude in that situation.

RVD.

Like I said, I hate the buffet on Princess because of the layout and crowds, so I refuse to even go there. I wish they would revamp their layout to be more user friendly for people. I can't stand bumping into people in such a close quarters. It's the biggest thing I don't like about Princess, and I do like Princess!

on the Grand Princess I love having the silverware and glasses already on the tables! perhaps all Princess ships do this? but this is our first time experiencing it and we are Platinum level.

surprised at how small the H. C. was on the Grand and yet it worked (unless it was a port day and everyone was trying to get an early start!)

prefer eating in the dining room for lunch and dinner but can handle the HC (just avoid the busy times, if possible)

on the Grand Princess I love having the silverware and glasses already on the tables! perhaps all Princess ships do this? but this is our first time experiencing it and we are Platinum level.

surprised at how small the H. C. was on the Grand and yet it worked (unless it was a port day and everyone was trying to get an early start!)

prefer eating in the dining room for lunch and dinner but can handle the HC (just avoid the busy times, if possible)

Yes, it works, but not at prime crowded times for breakfast, etc. Then it is just too tight and crowded, that's why we don't even go get breakfast anymore when on Princess. I just like the more spread out areas like other lines have in the buffet area. So when on Princess, we just don't eat breakfast, use the grill for lunch or dining room and always dining room for dinner no matter what on any line.

Archived