Just back from Mariner 11/23 sailing

kathyemma

I just Googled images of bed bug bites and those are some sorry looking bites! Are you sure you have these??? Yikes.

Other than the apple pie - everything was wonderful! They are still lacking in desserts (I LOVE chocolate - and they didn't have a lot of chocolate). I usually go with the recomended dinner and it was great every night. The lamb was wonderful. For thanksgiving they had turkey - which I dont like so I got the steak - it was good but not great.

I am still not sure about the bed bugs. Couldn't be anything from the water - cuz I never went in the water. But sand fleas - maybe. I did sit on the beach at all 3 islands. To be on the safe side I am going to spray down everything!! But they are either going to spray down my room or put a new bed in there - so hopefully whoever is enjoying the room this week isnt getting eaten alive while they sleep!

Kathy

Okay - think i am going to have to go with sand fleas instead of bed bugs. No bugs followed us home - and from what i have read bed bugs love to come with you. My bites are still healing and are pretty gross. I would stay in that room again - BEST LOCATION!!!!

Kathy

Best desert we had on Mariner was from Portifinos. Their Tiramasu was super!!!

Erika

(p.s. last cruise we did Chops twice and asked if we could get the Tiramasu from Portifinos. We were told they aren't allowed to, but we did get a covered plate to go back to our stateroom. at the end of the meal. wink, wink)

Everything we had, and my children agree, was very good. The apple pie was OK. I learned from the head waiter that although not printed, every night they have 9 different desserts. I wasn't really impressed with the variety of the menu. It was very limited.

Service was awesome. I only had complaints about the 'loyalty ambassador'. My parents were on the cruise with us and I wanted to buy a Med cruise for them. We couldn't find her and when we went to her desk, she always said come back later. On debarkation day she was nowhere to be found, called her and she said she doesn't work on Sunday mornings.

They served lobster Saturday night. They were small tails. Hope you are on second seating. I have always found that they bring seconds quicker on second seating.

The food was good but not great. It has been 6 years ago when I was last on RCCL, and it is clear that the great dinners are a thing of the past.

Please do not take me wrong, it was a very good cruise and the ship it great. If you find yourself with nothing to do you must be sitting in your cabin.

The staff was GREAT, always friendly I do not know how they do it, with the number of hours they work.

We heard from one of the staff that they are only paid $50.00 a month. I could not believe the number of people that did not show for dinner the last night and stiffed the wait staff after 6 nights of dinner and great service.

Daniel

They served lobster Saturday night. They were small tails. Hope you are on second seating. I have always found that they bring seconds quicker on second seating.

The food was good but not great. It has been 6 years ago when I was last on RCCL, and it is clear that the great dinners are a thing of the past.

Please do not take me wrong, it was a very good cruise and the ship it great. If you find yourself with nothing to do you must be sitting in your cabin.

The staff was GREAT, always friendly I do not know how they do it, with the number of hours they work.

We heard from one of the staff that they are only paid $50.00 a month. I could not believe the number of people that did not show for dinner the last night and stiffed the wait staff after 6 nights of dinner and great service.

Daniel

Saturday night heh? guess we'll keep our options open - thought about dining on our balcony one night -- probably kinda messy with lobster.

We are second seating -- thanks Daniel!

Sorry if I'm a pest :o... we're heading out Sat.

Do the rooms have hangers? an iron?

I was also on the 11/23 sailing. The rooms do have hangers and I know people have said they don't provide enough, but we had plenty for my daughter and myself. Irons are a fire hazard and not allowed.

Lobster night was Friday, not Saturday. We missed it because we did Portofino that night, but we enjoyed Portofino so much that I didn't even miss the lobster.....they're very small anyway.

I would definitely take a sweater or light jacket. It can sometimes be cool in the evenings and out on the decks if it's windy.

I'm glad you had a good time. I was on the 10/26 sailing of the Mariner, in #9314.

As far as the bug bites go, could it have been sea lice or sand fleas from a beach?

We stayed in 9314 on our last cruise and the cabin as well as location was the best. I hope you enjoyed it as much as we did!

P.S. No bugs

there are no ironing boards, irons aren't allowed. They offer to do it for a nominal fee. yes there are hangers, but I usually have our shirts on hangers and just need to hang our pants. I had all capris (I sailed on the 11/23 cruise too!) except for 1 night and formal nights. Weather was pretty good except the first day in cococay was a little cool. Hope you have a great trip!

Archived