which side?

croosieloosie

I'll be cruising in February and have a chance at a balcony on either side. Does it matter if your balcony is on the starboard or port side while cruising from Valparaiso to LA? Just wondering if we'll miss seeing any scenery. Can you see the mountains while cruising?

Thanks

Starboard MAY be better. It will definitely be the land side, so going into port will be more interesting.

What mountains??? You mean the Andes????

Starboard MAY be better. It will definitely be the land side, so going into port will be more interesting.

What mountains??? You mean the Andes????

:D Yeah? LOL Are there not mountains to see on the coast? I don't know.....:confused:

Would a starboard side small cabin for 16 nights be better than a large one on Port side? I guess, do you think what I would see be worth losing the extra room for that many nights?

I don't really remember seeing mountains from the ship that far north, unlike when the continent narrows and the mountains are nearer. But, I do remember seeing a cliffside Nazca line-type drawing outside of Pisco that was amazing. So, there are still some things to be seen on the land side of the ship for your sailing. 16 days is not all that long, so I would go for the view. But, it is your decision. Here is a link to our blog entry of the day sailing from Pisco with a photo of the Candelabra.

http://circle-south-america-2008-aboard.blogspot.com/2008/01/day-14-january-17-back-on-ship.html

Archived