Only a quesiton. No flames please.

terri1020

My family traveled on the Dawn in June 2008 and encountered some problems with NCL. After a few letter exchanges they sent a letter with $150 each off my dh and my next cruise. They said it should be taken between the date of issue and May 2009.

Here is the question:

My dh booked a cruise for October 2009 due to work schedule. Do you think it is worth the .42 to write a letter asking IF the credit can be used at that time? Any experience or suggestions would be most welcome.

Thanks, Terri

People flame for ANY and EVERY reason on these boards. You have to ignore them and read responses from the nice people who ONLY answer your question. It got so bad that they removed the thread! All I asked was if anyone knew NCL's policy on a certain subject. It was like all of the crazies came out from hiding!

Terri

My family traveled on the Dawn in June 2008 and encountered some problems with NCL. After a few letter exchanges they sent a letter with $150 each off my dh and my next cruise. They said it should be taken between the date of issue and May 2009.

Here is the question:

My dh booked a cruise for October 2009 due to work schedule. Do you think it is worth the .42 to write a letter asking IF the credit can be used at that time? Any experience or suggestions would be most welcome.

Thanks, Terri

I would call.... good chance they will allow it to be extended if you explain why you need a little more time and are ready to book the cruise right then w/ deposit. But if they do not, you really can't be upset because the timeline was stated in the certificate.

I never said I'd be upset if they don't honor it, I just wanted to know if anyone had an opinion or experience with such a credit. I am already booked on the cruise for October, so booking with the person on the phone is not an issue. We'll be cruising either way, so if they honor it, great; if not, I'll be disappointed but it won't change anything.

Isn't it a shame that people have to ask not to be flamed for asking a simple question.

You have got a lot of nerve coming on here and insulting me and my mother, you low down Carnival loving swabbie!

Okay - just a joke. Really.

My mom had a similar credit that needed to be used by July 2007, she didnt' travel on NCL until April 2008. She booked and then remembered this expired credit, so she called and they gave her the credit as an onboard credit, with no problems whatsoever!!!! She was thrilled, needless to say, since she didn't expect it.

Hope this works out for you too!!

Here is the question:

Thanks, Terri

Are you still looking to surprise your DH with a short cruise in January or February? If you do that, you could use the certificate then couldn't you? I know you were looking for a cruise for under a $1000 for the two of you and $300 off would really make that possible. And it would be before the May expiration date.

CG

cg,

Work schedules have changed so a January/February cruise is out of the question at this time.

Thanks to everyone who made suggestions. I did call NCL who referred me to my TA. I got in contact with him and he is looking into it. He is a wonderful TA and if it can be done, it will be done. I'll let you know. He should get some answers later on today.

Terri

cg,

Work schedules have changed so a January/February cruise is out of the question at this time.

Thanks to everyone who made suggestions. I did call NCL who referred me to my TA. I got in contact with him and he is looking into it. He is a wonderful TA and if it can be done, it will be done. I'll let you know. He should get some answers later on today.

Terri

Ah,okay. Good luck then if getting it transferrred.

CG

My ta got back to me. NCL honored the $300 credit and it has been applied. Thanks to all of you who encouraged me to contact NCL/ta. It was worth the phone calls!

Terri:)

Fantastic! I was going to post earlier, but everyone else basically said the same thing: Give it your best try. Pat yourself on the back for following through and then smile as you think about how much fun you'll have with that extra $300.

Way to go!:D

beachchick

Archived