UK VAT on gifts and gear?

Lushpuppy

Okay, how come if we are paying NOW to RCI UK, they havent dropped the vat on wine and wine and dine packages? Still same price as was last week? Payment is in pounds sterling and on UK site?

I appreciate no vat on cruise travel, but wine, paid for in this coountry is subject to VAT?

Anyone???

Okay, how come if we are paying NOW to RCI UK, they havent dropped the vat on wine and wine and dine packages? Still same price as was last week? Payment is in pounds sterling and on UK site?

I appreciate no vat on cruise travel, but wine, paid for in this coountry is subject to VAT?

Anyone???

Our all caring government actually increased excise duty on alcohol to counter the drop in VAT - it was introduced last week, so for a few days they got increased excise duty as well as VAT at 17.5%.

Ken

Our all caring government actually increased excise duty on alcohol to counter the drop in VAT - it was introduced last week, so for a few days they got increased excise duty as well as VAT at 17.5%.

Ken

:eek: I missed that! Great huh:rolleyes: Oh well Merry Christmas to them too:mad:

We get the vat back on fuel but obviously not the fags! Maybe just as well trying to stop! But I feel for my employees - just what DID get reduced then? My accountant away on holiday - off on a cruise! Lol! Our business is mostly zero rated so we mostly claim . I did notice invoices for some stuff at new rate. Nothing for the traveller then?

Archived