Milkshakes and Thickshakes on Millennium

Aussie Cruisers

Hi -X- Friends,

We are off in January and while I am aware that we can enjoy the CC Breakfast smoothies (I am looking forward to tasting them) it got me thinking. DW and I love a good ole milkshake and thickshake.

Are they available? If so, where and at what times? Are they free of charge or do you pay?

Thanks in adavance! :)

Mark.

I personally have never seen shakes of any kind on cruise ships--and we each took one sip of the smoothie at breakfast and left it behind. Berry flavor, I think. But you may like them!

Cathy - they are bad? sigh. I have heard on here that they are tasty. I will give them a go.

I am not talking about milkshakes made with a machine..... I mean real ones. You know, fresh milk, ice-cream and flavouring in a blender or milkshake "whizzer" thingy. :rolleyes:

Do you think I would be able to request one? If so where? The bar???

When I said milkshake machine - I was thinking back to my days in high school working in an icecream shop where they had the big shake blenders where you can make about six different ones at a time. You can always try the creamy chocolate martinis. They are made with an ice cream mix. We had one bartender make us a different flavor chocolate martini each day - chocolate, mint chocolate, banana chocolate, raspberry chocolate - etc. Definitely got hooked on them.

Also, they make a chocolate drink with cream, chocolate and ice whipped up in a blender at the Cova.

they always keep ice cream mix stocked if you ask, I get a yummy concoction with espresso, Godiva, Kahlua, and ice cream mix- they blend it up and it tastes like a coffe milkshake. No luck with a thickshake, sorry..

When I said milkshake machine - I was thinking back to my days in high school working in an icecream shop where they had the big shake blenders where you can make about six different ones at a time. You can always try the creamy chocolate martinis. They are made with an ice cream mix. We had one bartender make us a different flavor chocolate martini each day - chocolate, mint chocolate, banana chocolate, raspberry chocolate - etc. Definitely got hooked on them.

Also, they make a chocolate drink with cream, chocolate and ice whipped up in a blender at the Cova.

That piece of equipment was called a "Multi Mixer".... back from my old DQ days !

http://www.sterlingmulti.com/images/malt_mixer.gif

Hi -X- Friends,

We are off in January and while I am aware that we can enjoy the CC Breakfast smoothies (I am looking forward to tasting them) it got me thinking. DW and I love a good ole milkshake and thickshake.

Are they available? If so, where and at what times? Are they free of charge or do you pay?

Thanks in adavance! :)

Mark.

In my opinion, only the strawberry smoothie is good. Be sure to try the granola-yogurt parfait--those are really good! I always order an extra blueberry yogurt, they seem to put more granola than yogurt in the parfaits.

Enjoy your cruise!

That piece of equipment was called a "Multi Mixer".... back from my old DQ days !

http://www.sterlingmulti.com/images/malt_mixer.gif

Thanks - I worked at Prince Castle (Cock Robin) and remember when we weren't busy filling the wax cups with square scoops of vanilla ice cream - having to weigh them making sure they were in the acceptable range. It was always fun to make up the actual shakes. My favorite shakes were the root beer and the butterscotch. We made both milk shakes and malts - difference between the two was the malt had malt powder added.

Thanks - I worked at Prince Castle (Cock Robin) and remember when we weren't busy filling the wax cups with square scoops of vanilla ice cream - having to weigh them making sure they were in the acceptable range. It was always fun to make up the actual shakes. My favorite shakes were the root beer and the butterscotch. We made both milk shakes and malts - difference between the two was the malt had malt powder added.

They do still make them you know...here in Wisconsin anyway :D Several larger chains like Culvers Custard, but especially little old fashioned "ice cream shops" or drug stores that still have fountains (remember the Soda Jerks??) Real Shakes & Malts are easier to come by than a real Ice Cream Sodas or Phosphates like at a Rexall Soda fountain!:D

In Boston, they are called frappes and Rhode Island they are called cabinets--(though I have never seen or heard the term used). Friendly's and Brigham's still make them although doesn't Friendly's call it a Fribble? I still like a 'black and white' milkshake the best.

Ask for a milkshake in Boston and you might wonder where the ice cream is.

Moving up here from Philadelphia, we had to learn a whole new vocabulary. Tonic isn't just Schweppes and 'regular' coffee means with cream and sugar (as opposed to being the opposite of decaffinated or referring to size).

In Boston, they are called frappes and Rhode Island they are called cabinets--(though I have never seen or heard the term used). Friendly's and Brigham's still make them although doesn't Friendly's call it a Fribble? I still like a 'black and white' milkshake the best.

Ask for a milkshake in Boston and you might wonder where the ice cream is.

Moving up here from Philadelphia, we had to learn a whole new vocabulary. Tonic isn't just Schweppes and 'regular' coffee means with cream and sugar (as opposed to being the opposite of decaffinated or referring to size).

You want to have a culture shock try moving into a German ethnic community. Strangely, my father was German, and Sheboygan's is NOT real German that they speak "over there". But the whole east coast of WI. has their own language, and I was BORN in WI.( Madison the U. of W town, a bit more...whatever) Your hair is referred to as "they & them" ("Oh you got them cut...how cute") popsickles are "coolers" water fountains are "bubblers" (well they did used to be..on street corners, and they bubbled every time you'd use them) "You'se go down by" where ever you're going to. And here they make fun of "Upers" (folk from the upper Penn. of Michigan...well they are kinda like...the "Great White North")

Archived