Refund of Fuel Supplement on All Sailings on or after December 17th

DRAM

Awesome!

Just a question though, will I be given onboard credit automatically by princess or do I have to do this through my travel agent?

The shipboard credit should automatically be given by Princess.

I just checked our cruise and found that it had dropped $90pp but it says that the fuel surcharge is included in the price (as it did before) so I am wondering if the new price reflects the dropping of the surcharge or is it an actual drop in the fare. I will find out soon. Our TA is calling Princess about it. We called her before I found this thread.

I just checked our cruise and found that it had dropped $90pp but it says that the fuel surcharge is included in the price (as it did before) so I am wondering if the new price reflects the dropping of the surcharge or is it an actual drop in the fare. I will find out soon. Our TA is calling Princess about it. We called her before I found this thread.

10 days x $9.00/day + $90. Sure sounds like it's a fuel charge elimination.

10 days x $9.00/day + $90. Sure sounds like it's a fuel charge elimination.

Except that the website says that the price includes the fuel surcharge. Our TA called and she said that Princess is quoting a price higher than what we paid for the same category. It is much higher than the price on the website. Something fishy there!:confused:

I think the webmaster hasn't quite finished cleaning up the wording for the new pricing which I am assuming reflects the removal of the fuel surcharge.

The article at the link posted by a previous poster says that the fuel surcharge will be reinstated if the price of fuel goes over $70. So there really isn't a change at all.

I think you should all settle down and wait; at least 24-48 hours. This notice just came out. Give them a chance to update their pricing. If in fact they show the same price w/o the fuel, then of course they just kept the original price in place. You'll know soon enough.

Should be great news for us - we are on the CB on 12/28.

Interesting to note that that the suspension date for the fuel surcharge coincides with the next meeting of the Oil Ministers in Algeria on December 17th. I hope there is no significance in that. Let's hope that those Ministers who believe that oil prices should be in the $70 to $80/barrel range (either to promote exploration or to increase their return on their finite resource) do not get their way.

That decision is more important for our economy as a whole than just the cost of our cruise. But I like the idea of my cruise economy being improved anway....

Except that the website says that the price includes the fuel surcharge. Our TA called and she said that Princess is quoting a price higher than what we paid for the same category. It is much higher than the price on the website. Something fishy there!:confused:

I think the webmaster hasn't quite finished cleaning up the wording for the new pricing which I am assuming reflects the removal of the fuel surcharge.

The article at the link posted by a previous poster says that the fuel surcharge will be reinstated if the price of fuel goes over $70. So there really isn't a change at all.

This could be why they are no longer charging a fuel surcharge. If you remember, they had annouced a price hike to cover the cost of fuel some time ago (since so many were complaining about a temp fuel surcharge adjustment to their bookings). It wouldn't surprise me at all if the surcharge is removed, but just wait until you book that next cruise, the charge will just be included in the actual price. That way, passengers can't hound the cruise line to drop the fuel surcharge, as it won't show as an extra charge on bookings.

And this still leaves them an 'out' to tack on another fuel charge to the higher prices, even to already paid in full cruises, if they should need it. IMHO!

Interesting to note that that the suspension date for the fuel surcharge coincides with the next meeting of the Oil Ministers in Algeria on December 17th. I hope there is no significance in that. Let's hope that those Ministers who believe that oil prices should be in the $70 to $80/barrel range (either to promote exploration or to increase their return on their finite resource) do not get their way.

They have already been stating that they plan to cut back on production. I thought they would have done it by now.

If bookings are so horrible, why aren't they lowering the prices for Pacific Princess - March/April? Half the ship is still unbooked.

Wait until 90 days out -- my TA says that prices will be falling quickly after then. I wouldn't dream of booking until then.

You are correct --

We leave on Sunday, for Sydney, to Cruise on the Diamond Dec. 12th.

$ 218.00 Fuel Surcharge will apply:mad:

Sorry for not getting the surcharge back but you ARE off to Sydney, my home town. You'll love it! My fellow Aussies will look after you. Enjoy I'm soooo jealous!:p I love going home.:D

Anthony

Archived