Mexican Rivera, bad weather & packing clothes?

lderrn

we are going on the SPIRIT 11/17/04 from San Diego.

I keep checking the Weather Channel and it calls for Thunderstorms off and on different days of the ten day forecast.

Are these T storms like when in Hawaii? Just transient.

I am trying to pack for 2 formal nights, hot days in Mexico, and cool days at sea...

What's a mother packing for four to do?

Anyone done the Mex Riv in November? Weather experiences?

Thanks

I just got home from the Pride and it was pretty cool leaving and returning to California. Didn't go on the balcony the last day as it was too cold and windy. Mexico was warm, but not overly hot. Never been to Hawaii YET!!

we are going on the SPIRIT 11/17/04 from San Diego.

I keep checking the Weather Channel and it calls for Thunderstorms off and on different days of the ten day forecast.

Are these T storms like when in Hawaii? Just transient.

I am trying to pack for 2 formal nights, hot days in Mexico, and cool days at sea...

What's a mother packing for four to do?

Anyone done the Mex Riv in November? Weather experiences?

Thanks

The thunderstorms are due to the high humidity and it is only a chance. It rained in Puerta Vallarta real good at night for about an hour. Flooded the streets and was gone as quick as it came. Being from New England we were not bothered by this.

It was cool the last night on deck. We wore a pair of shorts and a sweatshirt and were fine.

Have a great time cruising

:)

We took our first cruise to the Mexican Riviera in Sept. and were warned by others on these board to expect cooler and windy days on both first and last days of the cruise. Warnings were right on.

It did rain quite a few times during our 7 day cruise but luckily not while we were in port - only in the evenings except for the sea days leaving San Diego and returning to San Diego.

Light jackets or sweatshirt for family members to wear during the few chilly or rainy evenings would be in order but don't sweat the number of days of rain forecasted - you're traveling down to the equator and it can rain for an hour or two and then stop for the rest of the day or night.

Have fun. Pack light jackets and sweat shirts you can layer and have a great time.

During our 7 cruises through the Caribbean we have been to many a hot port - but we were never felt the heat as much as we did in Mazatlan and Puerto Vallerta. Take plenty of sunscreen and use it freely.

Dianne

We are also on this cruise.

We took Pride last Thanksgiving. VERY cool leaving port in LA. The first day cool but sunny. I wore a two piece athletic-style suit with the zip up jacket--very comfortable and looked nice. The second day warm and humid from then on.... I've been checking weather and the temps have been in the high 80's-low 90's) We had fabulous weather this time last year! Actually down right HOT in Puerta Vallerta. Alcopolco should be even warmer!

I haven't seen the thunderstorm forcast.....i must have missed something....

( I sure hope the forecast of this weather doesn't come through...) Where did you get your weather info.. I'd like to check out also...

After the second day the weather should be warm and lovely. We awoke the 2nd morning and it felt like a warm sauna on our balcony. AS you travel, your balcony can get cool. We used our Carnival beach towels as a "throw" when we sat on balcony.

The first and last days should be the only "cool" sea days.

Iderrn,

We sailed the SPIRIT on the first San Diego voyage a few weeks ago (Oct 16th). Don't let the wather channel scare you. I followed the weather for ten days prior to the cruise. There was even a small tropical storm off the course of Acapulco that was going to cause us problems, but....we had smooth sailing. All the weather forecasts were off. So, don't worry about it because their forecasting is not as accurate as they would like.

I wore shorts every day, including the day leaving San Diego and the day returning too. Acapulco was very humid with temps about 85 and 100% humidity. Manzanillo was a little better with temps about 80 and humidity reasonable. Just wear lightweight button up cotton instead of pull overs and you will be fine. Grab a pair of long pants and two sweatshirts in case you like to cruise the decks at night, otherwise plan on beautiful weather. And make surre you hit the supper club. Make reservations early as they book out quick.

Enjoy

It'll be cold the first and last day of the cruise. I have done the riviera in the ned of June and the begining of July and both times it was cold. I also did a four dayer in sept and it was cold. I don't see how going in Nov will be any warmer than summer.

As per Yahoo's weather for today at the following:

Cabo San Lucas . . . . . 69 . . . . . . . .89

Mazatlan . . . . . . . . . . 63 . . . . . . . .87

Puerto Vallarta . . . . . 68 . . . . . . . .92

Acapulco . . . . . . . . . . 76 . . . . . . . .91

Have cruised to Mexican Riviera 9 times, some during the Fall/Winter.

I've found, as a general rule, the first day and last day at sea can be a little cool, although I wore shorts all the time.

On the PRIDE 7-day, the ship is going by Cabo San Lucas about noon on the 2nd day at sea and its usually warm enough to sun bathe if one so wants to (downright cozy in the summer time). :D

Since the SPIRIT leaves out of the San Diego port it should have a 4 hour advantage on the PRIDE and arrive at warmer water and air earlier than the PRIDE. :)

Just my opinion.

"If you can't be kind . . .at least have the decency to be vague" anonymous

Archived