Princess Charter Thomsonfly

Shogun

Hi folks,

Princess are using Thomsonfly 767 to get us Brits to the Carbi,

understand that Thomson have moved the seats about to take a few rows out to give extra leg room and then added an extra line in so seats are now very narrow.

Anyone flown with them,

also on board who was the food

what about the movies

yours Shogun

Hi folks,

Princess are using Thomsonfly 767 to get us Brits to the Carbi,

understand that Thomson have moved the seats about to take a few rows out to give extra leg room and then added an extra line in so seats are now very narrow.

Anyone flown with them,

also on board who was the food

what about the movies

yours Shogun

Which cruise are you on?

Hi

Flying Birmingham to join Sea Princess in Bridge town

on 10/1/09

yours Shogun

Not long now then. We go later in January but are waiting for our docs to arrive. As far as we know, we should fly with BA. Have a good cruise!

Hi folks,

We flew with Thomson Fly in March to Jamaica we had pleanty of leg room, meal was fine, drinks free (courtesy of Princess) in house movies were good (you can upgrade if you like) . Seating was 2 4 2 whatever seat you have outward that is what you have inward. Luggage was booked in and next seen outside stateroom door. It was the same on the return trip outside stateroom door then home airport thus no weighing of luggage homeward bound!

Hi,

Katieemily,

What ship are you on, where do you sail from ?

Have done more than few Princess cruises never been sent with BA

yours Shogun

Hi Shogun,

We will be on the Caribbean out of San Juan. We fly to Miami from Heathrow with BA and then with some airline we are yet to be advised of, to Puerto Rica the next day. We are flying BA for the main journey to ensure that we can definitely get extra legroom seats, as I suffer knee problems if I cannot stretch a bit. The alternative would have been to travel with an airline of Princess's choice which may not have had suitable seats. As they were unable to advise me which airline they were planning to use I didn't want to take the risk. I still don't know who they will use from Miami to San Juan although they have confirmed that the return leg to Miami will be with American. However, the timings Princess have provided do not correspond with any of AA's flight schedules, so it's a matter of wait and see what happens. As we have a guaranteed balcony cabin and have still not been allocated a specific we are even more in the dark. As far as I can tell the ship is overbooked for balcony cabins and above.

John

Hi John,

Princess have taken us to Miami with Virgin a few times,

flown direct to San Juan with Princess , never had same airline twice Thomas Cook, cannot recall others,

Do not like any long distance flights problems with a leg getting another MIR next week just to check still OK to fly in Jan.

Have a great cruise.

yours shogun

We flew back from the sea princess in November by a Thomas Cook charter flight that Princess had arranged.

Never again.

Unless you have paid extra to up grade to extra leg room or are lucky to have a seat at the doors there is no room to swing a cat. They had narrowed the seats so much to fit more people in that my husband could not fit into the seat. In the end they had to find him a seat where the arm rest lifted up to that he could at least sit into the seat properly. We had no problems with the staff or the food but space is the major issue

Just a question as we also fly with Thomas Cook in february. Surely the seat width is the same on all the A330 with a seat configoration of 3-3-3 regardless of who you fly with? I understand they have increased the legroom by removing three rows of seats giving 2 more inches than Virgin and BA.

The space on the aircraft is adjusted to suit the number of passangers. We flew back with a 3-4-3 configoration. We flew out with BA with no problem my husband fitted into the seat, but as i said before with the arm rests down he could not fit into the seat. I heard a few complaints about the seats

Im sailing on sea princess in april! and im flying with TCX on the A330 from Manchester too Barbados! :)

It will be interesting to hear of your view on a TCX A330 as many comments are made as to how narrow the seats are. We are flying to Vancouver in June on a TCX A330 to join the Diamond Princess to Alaska and we have booked our own flights through Canadian Affair. We have reserved seats near the back where the seats are only two wide rather than three.

I think Shogun will be on our cruise - we leave Vancouver on the 6th June........

Colin

On another point........FUEL SURCHARGES!!

I read none of we Brits qualify for a refund in the form of OBC's. We're on the Grand out of Ft Lauderdale mid January and Vancouver in June, having paid fuel supps. for both.

Anybody any comments or suggestions? The Princess site says that we Brits don't qualify!! Why?

Colin

The space on the aircraft is adjusted to suit the number of passangers. We flew back with a 3-4-3 configoration. We flew out with BA with no problem my husband fitted into the seat, but as i said before with the arm rests down he could not fit into the seat. I heard a few complaints about the seats

How did your husband find the legroom? that's the main issue I tend to have with charter flights.

Flying from the UK on previous cruises we have had BA, Virgin & AA.

Next cruise in March is back to the AA

I think they use whoever they can get.

Hi Shogun recently went to the Maldives flying with Thomson ok legroom but the width and arm space is a joke.

I have NEVER heard of a 767 with a 3-4-3 config., charter is often 2-4-2 and schedule 2-3-2, the Airbus 330 is 2-4-2 in schedule and 3-3-3 in charter. If your plane was 3-4-3 I can only assume it was a 747 and this is the normal coach class for this plane. With all of the above configurations there is normally enough width for most people.

I have NEVER heard of a 767 with a 3-4-3 config., charter is often 2-4-2 and schedule 2-3-2, the Airbus 330 is 2-4-2 in schedule and 3-3-3 in charter. If your plane was 3-4-3 I can only assume it was a 747 and this is the normal coach class for this plane. With all of the above configurations there is normally enough width for most people.

Have to admit that baffled me as Thomas Cook clearly show 3-3-3 on their own website. I don't think you could actually do a 3-4-3 on a A330 and still have two isles. I don't think TC would be using a 747.

The Thomas Cook A330 has a 3-3-3 config. except rows 37-41 inclusive which is a 2-3-2. We have reserved seats in row 37!

Our Delta 767-300ER to Atlanta in January is 2-3-2 as terrierjohn says..........

Colin

We fly Manchester - Montego bay in January. Princess told me it was a Thomas Cook Airbus with a 3-3-3 configuration.

Can you tell me how you reserved seats?

We fly Manchester - Montego bay in January. Princess told me it was a Thomas Cook Airbus with a 3-3-3 configuration.

Can you tell me how you reserved seats?

Just go to the Thomas cook website. Be aware there is a cost of £30 pp to pick 2 seats together and £100 pp for extra legroom seats. There is no way I would pay an extra £200 just for seats at an emergency exit.

Archived