Explorer ---13-Feb

Adventure ---15-Feb

Grandeur ---26-Feb

Majesty ---27-Feb

Monarch ---8-Mar

Mariner ---9-Mar

Splendour ---23-Mar

Rhapsody ---2-Apr

Thanks for posting this Liz..I was hoping and wondering if I would be able to try this on my April/09 Mariner.

My family hasn't been able to agree on either early or late seating, so this will be great for our April Cruise as it sounds that we can alter the time for our "at a port" nights.

Just the other day I mentioned to our travel agent that she hadn't asked us what seating we wanted. She claimed she did - had us down for main. Let's see how long it takes her to tell us about this new option.

Great news! Thanks for posting this, Liz. I was hoping this would be available on the Voyager in June. How do I change from Main dining to My Time?

If you booked directly with the cruiseline, call their 1-800 number. If you booked through a TA, your TA must call on your behalf.

All right, I admit it. I haven't paid any attention to the My Time Dining posts until now. What does it mean? How does this affect our upcoming cruise on the Grandeur?

Here is a link to RCCL info about My Time Dining. Upside, dine anytime you want (between certain hours) and you can make reservations each day. Downside, you must prepay your gratuities.

Here is a link to RCCL info about My Time Dining. Upside, dine anytime you want (between certain hours) and you can make reservations each day. Downside, you must prepay your gratuities.

Another upside....with the fuel supplement surchage going away, I can prepay my gratuities for just about the same money. :)

Anybody know the pros & cons of my time dining? We've already prepaid our gratuities so that doesn't matter.

We used MTD last month on the Freedom and it worked out great. We never made a reservation and walked and were able to get a table with no wait. The service was VERY good. No issues with MTD at all and am signed up again for the Oasis and now glad to see that it has gone fleet wide.

We used MTD last month on the Freedom and it worked out great. We never made a reservation and walked and were able to get a table with no wait. The service was VERY good. No issues with MTD at all and am signed up again for the Oasis and now glad to see that it has gone fleet wide.

Gordon ~ were you able to dine at a large table to enjoy the company of others? do they even ask what size table you would like to dine at?

Emmy, we always asked for a table for just our party. They always asked when we walked up what type of table we would like.

Thanks Gordon ~ so if our whole roll call shows up for dinner it 'might' be a problem:D:D

Was think about DH and I if we decide to go to dinner on our own but would like to meet and chat with others they will accomodate us.

I know RCI is still in the growing pains of this implementation so I am going to be patient if there are glitches.

I do enjoy set dining but want to try this out for comparisons especially since I had less than favourable results on a Princess cruise.

Maybe I missed it somewhere; on the Freedom or Voyager class ships with three dining room levels , do they set aside a floor or a wing for MTD with a separate entrance?

On the "Indy" MTD was on deck 5 and the tables are as you enter the dining room through the normal entrance and also to the left and right of the entrance, hence if you are at Main or Late seating you do not get people constantly walking past you whilst you are eating.

Hi, I'm new to writing on these boards, so please bear with me. Not a stranger to reading them however. Will anytime dining replace the late or early dinner schedules or is it in addition, as a choice? We always choose late dining and lately table for 2! So special. Could we still have that choice with anytime dining? We are booked on 10/29 Explorer 9 nite...thanks and appreciate your replies.

Thanks Gordon ~ so if our whole roll call shows up for dinner it 'might' be a problem:D:D

Was think about DH and I if we decide to go to dinner on our own but would like to meet and chat with others they will accomodate us.

I know RCI is still in the growing pains of this implementation so I am going to be patient if there are glitches.

I do enjoy set dining but want to try this out for comparisons especially since I had less than favourable results on a Princess cruise.

Emmy, I didn't notice if anyone else had others join their tables. I'm sure that if you wanted to join another table, they would be very happy to accommodate you if one is available. We usually went to eat around 8:00 each evening.

And if anyone is worried that it will affect the evenings entertainment, not in the least. Made it to every show that we wanted to see. The MD told me that the Oasis will have one complete floor of the three level dining room dedicated to MTD. Gotta love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Thanks for the link. This answered a few of my questions. We might try this out next year on one of our sailings.

Archived