MyTimeDining Fleet Wide Dates

Someone successfully signed up before their liberty cruise for this week. The post above just said June since that is when that poster is actually sailing. Most of us are trying to find out specifically for our own cruises, so we don't know if it is available before our own cruise or not.

Does that make sense?

THanks Ann!

It makes perfect sense. I didn't read that June info thoroughly! In any case, i hope that it is in place on the Liberty. We did a Princess cruise after many Royal carribean's and the anytime dining was one thing that really sold me on Princess.....it was perfect for us!

Thanks again

I'd go through your TA. If he or she is an experienced TA it is more likely that he or she will have sources at RCI who can provide accurate information and not automatically accept the first answer offered. Why do you assume that they will tell you anything different from what they will tell your TA or "everyone else"?:rolleyes:

Bill ~ if you are part of a group booking through a TA can you still request My Time for yourself.

I heard that the whole group has to agree on My Time dining before that can happen. Any insight would be appreciated. Perhaps I misunderstood my source.

Bill ~ if you are part of a group booking through a TA can you still request My Time for yourself.

I heard that the whole group has to agree on My Time dining before that can happen. Any insight would be appreciated. Perhaps I misunderstood my source.

I am wondering this too. I hope that he person can request it without having the whole group agree. Getting the folks in my group to pre-pay their tips will definitely be a problem, and I won't be too happy if we can't get MTD because of them! I really see no reason why some people in a group can't do MTD while others stick to regular dining, but you never know! And although the point of MTD is to be able to dine whenever and with whomever you want, I wonder what the largest group size MTD can accommodate? There is one particular night when I would like our entire group to eat together, but I doubt MTD can accommodate that. Geez feels like I can't win either way!

I am wondering this too. I hope that he person can request it without having the whole group agree. Getting the folks in my group to pre-pay their tips will definitely be a problem, and I won't be too happy if we can't get MTD because of them! I really see no reason why some people in a group can't do MTD while others stick to regular dining, but you never know! And although the point of MTD is to be able to dine whenever and with whomever you want, I wonder what the largest group size MTD can accommodate? There is one particular night when I would like our entire group to eat together, but I doubt MTD can accommodate that. Geez feels like I can't win either way!

What if the TA/s perk is to pay the gratuities like mine would be... I don't see how the paying of gratuities would be the reason that any individuals could not do the MTD but who knows if that is true.

I do know group bookings work differently.

Received a E-mail response confirming I(we) now have MTD.

Will now check "My Cruises" to see what my reservation says.

Explorer, June 11/09

Nothing on "MY Cruises" indicates MTD, still shows "Main Seating". I do have the e-mail which I am going to hold onto. Our cruise is June 11, so plenty of time for this to develop.

Also, I have pre-paid the gratuities back when I booked the cruise, so that was not an issue.

Also, I would not post the e-mail I recieved, it has one of those "Privacy" statements on the bottom, and posting it here puplicly might offend someone. Like the person at RCCL who sent it to me.

Can't confirm for sure- It is on our reservation online with the TA as open seating (and tips were charged), but not on our reservation on the RCCL website. Very confusing! My thought is that I'll wait until Feb. 1 and read the reviews. If it doesn't show up on these boards as an option on Voyager then, I'll email our TA and tell him we need our late seating for 2 back. Sorry!

This is for Scubalisa (who's also posting on our Roll Call) and others who are sailing Voyager out of Galveston. I spoke directly with Royal Caribbean HQ yesterday and this time the Dining Coordinator confirmed what the OP told us back on 6 December: MTD will roll out on Voyager on 1 February for remainder of the season in Galveston. So I called my TA, she also called RCL HQ, got yet a different answer, was put on hold, and about five minutes later came back and said that RCL would confirm MTD availability after 1 Feb 09 BUT...would not open up MTD for pre-board booking. That makes sense (somewhat) to the extent MTD has not yet opened up as of this date, but not a lot of sense for those of us whose cruises are after 1 Feb 09. If you've already successsfully booked "open seating" on Voyager, however, you may want to just let it ride for now.

Anyway, we're riding the rollercoaster of information from RCL and I wanted to post this latest twist for those CC's on Voyager this year. If anyone hears yet a different version or twist, please post on this thread.

Thanks,

T Lex

I emailed my TA today and got this answer back from her regarding MTD on LOS: The "My Time Dining" is not open to be offered for this sailing-- you can inquire when you get onboard to see if the option is available.

We sail on LOS on 2/14/09.

Anyone hearing differently for this sailing or LOS in general??

Bob

I emailed my TA today and got this answer back from her regarding MTD on LOS: The "My Time Dining" is not open to be offered for this sailing-- you can inquire when you get onboard to see if the option is available.

We sail on LOS on 2/14/09.

Anyone hearing differently for this sailing or LOS in general??

Bob

I just got the same response back from my RC rep-sailing 3/14. I am very disappointed as I thought it was offered-the early is just too early and the late seating is just too late. I don't understand why it would be on the Freedom and Indy but not Liberty (he provided me a link to the website that shows which ships are offered and LOS not there). :(

I know there have been references to Liberty sailers who have booked but to confirm, who has been able to get a MTD reservation on the Liberty? I'm trying to book, and they are saying not available. Please let me know if you had any luck on the Liberty!!

For those of you that are being told you can't sign up for MTD ahead of time, but need to wait until you're on the ship.....are you prepaying your gratuities now, in preparation?

I have a feeling my answer to the email I sent is going to be that we have to wait until we board to sign up, and I'm just wondering if I should call them and have them take my tips now. Any thoughts?

For those of you that are being told you can't sign up for MTD ahead of time, but need to wait until you're on the ship.....are you prepaying your gratuities now, in preparation?

I have a feeling my answer to the email I sent is going to be that we have to wait until we board to sign up, and I'm just wondering if I should call them and have them take my tips now. Any thoughts?

In the email I sent to my TA I told her to go ahead and prepay my tips if necessary. She told me it didn't matter that my time dining simply wasn't available on our sailing. Trust me I'd gladly go ahead and pay my tips ahead of time if it meant I could get my time dining but it just doesn't seem to matter. I also saw the webpage and Liberty isn't listed there.We sail on 2/14, I guess I'll just wait til we're onboard and check with the diningroom.

Bob

But some people are being told that it WILL be available on their sailing, they just can't sign up for it before they get onboard. That's the situation I was asking about....are those people going ahead and prepaying the gratuities now?

Can anyone tell me where the MTD is located on Radiance or does it vary depending on how many people sign up for it?

If you have trad. dining & your tablemates go to Chops for the evening, will you be seated with MTD guests? or are they definitely sep.

We prefer traditional with a set schedule & assigned dining room staff & tablemates for the duration of the trip

Seems MTD is very popular so hope the traditional will remain for awhile..

I just got the same response back from my RC rep-sailing 3/14. I am very disappointed as I thought it was offered-the early is just too early and the late seating is just too late. I don't understand why it would be on the Freedom and Indy but not Liberty (he provided me a link to the website that shows which ships are offered and LOS not there). :(

That link is outdated. I think it is or will shortly be on Liberty. Just keep asking. :)

I had sent an email to RCLDining@rccl.com - asking to be signed up for MyTime dining for our May sailing on Liberty of the Seas. I got this reply:

Good morning,

You will be able to sign in for MTD once you are onboard. Please, check with the Maitre'd.

Ok - I've seen on this board that some people emailed RCLDining and got MyTime dining. Others get replies like mine. My concern is - if some are being signed up for it - it could be "full" by the time the cruise comes around.

Has anyone that has requested MyTime dining lately (i.e., this week) received a different answer than what I got above?

I had sent an email to RCLDining@rccl.com - asking to be signed up for MyTime dining for our May sailing on Liberty of the Seas. I got this reply:

Good morning,

You will be able to sign in for MTD once you are onboard. Please, check with the Maitre'd.

Ok - I've seen on this board that some people emailed RCLDining and got MyTime dining. Others get replies like mine. My concern is - if some are being signed up for it - it could be "full" by the time the cruise comes around.

Has anyone that has requested MyTime dining lately (i.e., this week) received a different answer than what I got above?

I think it varies from ship to ship and even from sailing to sailing. Someone on this thread http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=897045 was able to get MTD for January 24th, but people sailing later were told they would have to sign up on the ship. I don't know what to believe.

I just received a reply to my email this morning and was told that I have MTD confirmed for our Explorer cruise on March 15th. I looks like the email had been forwarded to someone specifically in charge of dining on the Explorer and then sent back to the person who sent it to me.

It would sure be nice if it was consistent, and if not, at least well documented so people would know. I like you was worried that it would be full by the time I got on board.

Good luck.

I've emailed RCLDining back again - to ask what's going on, explaining different people are getting different responses - some are being told they can pre-register for MTD and others told they have to wait and do it on board. We'll see what kind (if any) reply I get!

I'm cruising on Voyager out of Galveston in April. I emailed RCLDining today asking if MTD will be available and received a reply within the hour confirming that MTD will be available and to sign up on board.

Carol

Have you prepaid your tips? Or did they tell you that you need to do that before you board?

Have you prepaid your tips? Or did they tell you that you need to do that before you board?

No, in my original email I asked if the MTD would be available and if so would I be able to enrol for this if I request on board that gratuities be added to my sea pass account. I plan to use my TA OBC towards the gratuities.

Carol

We have already signed up and been confirmed for MyTime dining on our April Serenade cruise and our April 2010 Oasis cruise. Got a confirmation invoice back from Royal that shows the open seating confirmed. May be just some of the ships aren't letting you do it, but we were able to on both of ours.

No, in my original email I asked if the MTD would be available and if so would I be able to enrol for this if I request on board that gratuities be added to my sea pass account. I plan to use my TA OBC towards the gratuities.

Carol

I wonder if that is the difference because I have read of others on the Voyager in February who successfully added MTD for the Voyager, but they pre-paid their gratuities.

I included in my email about the Explorer that I had already pre-paid my gratuities and I was confirmed that I have MTD confirmed for my Explorer cruise in March.

If RCCL gets their act together and starts advertising MTD and taking reservations for it on the phone, it may fill up before you get on board. The ships that already had MTD before this change have been full and people have been turned away when they got on board.

Archived