conciernage lounge and diamond lounge

bchalker

There is no diamond lounge on Explorer or any Voyager class ships.

They are a feature that was added to Freedom class ships when they were designed and built. As a Diamond member on Explorer you will have access to the Concierge lounge and be able to take advantage of services of the concierge (making reservations for the specialty restaurant, getting tickets for the ice show and tenders(when necessary) and a number of other things similar to what a hotel concierge would help you with. There is also coffee and cappuccino available in the lounge 24/7. Diamond members get a coupon book that offers several extras that are better than what gold and platinum members receive. They are no longer worth the paper they are written on. They have taken the main perks out of them such as the free picture. I could see on our last one where they cut the coupon out. Check out the RCI website or one of their latest brochures for a more detailed explanation of what Crown and Anchor provides to its Diamond and Diamond Plus members.:)

One of the few things that I find disappointing about the concierge lounges on Voyager class ships is the fact that they are interior lounges. The CLs on those Vision class ships that have them and on the Radiance ships have great views of the ocean, and the Diamond lounges on Freedom class vessels have great views from high up on the ship to the rear of the Vikiing Crown lounges.:)

Coupons aren't near what they used to be.:mad:

The Diamond concierge on Liberty last week was Pretty Shamu. She was very nice, but we really never needed her services. The evening canapes were virtually the same every night and were the same ones served at the both the C&A and Platinum/Diamond receptions.

The DL was packed the first night. Someone said a some non-diamond people had gotten in via the stairs from the sports deck. There is a sign "Diamond Members Only" but the gate is not locked. The doors from the outside are only accessible during the concierge hours. (8 - 10 AM and 5-8 PM if I remember correctly.) After the first night the lounge was virtually empty in the evening.

The DL is nicer than the CL was on Explorer, but we did not go there nearly as much. It is a real hike because the only elevators that get you there are the Port Centrum ones. It was quite a hike from our Deck 9 forward stateroom and sometimes a long wait for an elevator. It would have been just a walk down the hall and up one flight of steps to get to the CL.

- Steve

There is no diamond lounge on Explorer or any Voyager class ships.

They are a feature that was added to Freedom class ships when they were designed and built. As a Diamond member on Explorer you will have access to the Concierge lounge and be able to take advantage of services of the concierge (making reservations for the specialty restaurant, getting tickets for the ice show and tenders(when necessary) and a number of other things similar to what a hotel concierge would help you with. There is also coffee and cappuccino available in the lounge 24/7. Diamond members get a coupon book that offers several extras that are better than what gold and platinum members receive. Check out the RCI website or one of their latest brochures for a more detailed explanation of what Crown and Anchor provides to its Diamond and Diamond Plus members.:)

One of the few things that I find disappointing about the concierge lounges on Voyager class ships is the fact that they are interior lounges. The CLs on those Vision class ships that have them and on the Radiance ships have great views of the ocean, and the Diamond lounges on Freedom class vessels have great views from high up on the ship to the rear of the Vikiing Crown lounges.:)

Thanks. My all-time favorite ship now is the Serenade. We'll be going through the Panama Canal on her at some point. Maybe nice view from the lounge there??

Thanks for the info on the DL. Sounds like the outside area was probably better when the ship was docked or not going 22 knots.

Good to hear about the concierge. Great that she is there for a few hours in the AM as that is when I usually ask for some help from the concierge. We will probably go in the evenings also.

I'm adding your post's comments to our roll call and to the concierge thread.[/quote]

Where is the concierge thread? I'd like to take a look.

This may be a silly question...

Can you take drinks out of the Diamond lounge? I am going to be the only one in my group that is Diamond so I was thinking about getting a drink from the Diamond lounge and then taking it with me to meet up with other people.

You are not supposed to. There is a sign on the door to that effect. I don't know if they really enforce the policy.

- Steve

Can you take drinks out of the Diamond lounge? I am going to be the only one in my group that is Diamond so I was thinking about getting a drink from the Diamond lounge and then taking it with me to meet up with other people.

Typically they don't allow drinks to leave the concierge lounge (they have troubles getting the glassware back once it leaves the lounge), but on a few ships the concierge's will allow it so it cannot hurt to ask.

they were pretty tight about not taking drinks out of the CL on the Navigator,it has been abused in the past and after all it is a perk of being in the lounge.

Do the Voyager and Radiance class ship also have a seperate lounge for Diamond?

No.. If there are lots of Suite and Diamond members they will open an overflow lounge .. The overflow we have been in are better than the CL itself.. :D

Colleen, good to hear from you. :D Thanks for keeping the nasty ones away from Florida this year; felt really bad though for the States which were hit. Has the Port of Galveston re-opened yet?

Have you been on the Freedom or Liberty yet? We are really looking forward to the cruise Sat.; this will be our first on a Freedom class ship.

We are taking a 4 nighter on the NOS in March and then back on our favourite - Brilliance OTS in August.

Hopefully we'll meet up in one of the lounges one of these days!

Kathy:)

Yes, Galveston is open, but people should understand that the port isn't back to normal yet. They are working very hard to get things pre Ike, but some businesses didn't have flood insurance, so they won't be back. We haven't been on the Freedom yet, but will get there once we have been to the ports that we want to see.

Just switched to 9256 on our Alaska cruise, and tonight I snagged it again for our Jan 11, 2010 cruise on the Radiance. Heah join us on the 11 night cruise out of San Diego. I booked with a NC certificate so you could get an OBC.

On the Voyager the Concierge would not let you take a drink out of the satellite lounge, that was in January of 08.

• 10 months later...

Now we know why they kicked the Diamonds out of the CL.

Why do people abuse things?

Next the D+'s will be kicked out of the CL.

Thanks to the people that abuse things.

• 1 month later...

Archived