LIVE from SEA PRINCESS 29-Nov to 13-Dec

YoPhilly

thank you so much for taking the time and sending us very informative info.. and also love your honesty. we are coming aboard on 27 dec alhoha 504 to celebrate new year. I am wodering ..if it is not too much hassle could you plze advise what to do in montego bay.... we love most things so if you chat to your table mates and gat any good tips etc would be grateful; we send you our best wishes to you and your family for a happy cruise , happy christmas and healthy new year and thanks once again

Right, no headphones at MUTS.

I finally succumbed to the lure of scones and afternoon tea. There is a very nice service in Rigoletto dining room, but I didn't want to over-indulge so I went up to Horizon Court which has a self-serve afternoon tea from 3:30 - 4:30. I quietly followed behind a British lady who obviously knew what she was doing. She took two scones, and I did the same. She headed for a table filled with butter, jams and whipped cream (sorry- clotted cream). OMG, just the thought of all those calories put me in a spin, so I asked her if she could instruct me in the ways of proper scone preparation. :D

Her preferred method is to split the scone into two, spread jam on it, then top it with cream. She said other people start with a layer of butter, but she thinks that's a bit over the top. :p Holy smokes, it was super-delicious. Way to go, Brits!!

Shogun, you must be right about the FCCs for British citizens. There was such a long queue at the Future Cruise Sales desk that we didn't want to wait. After all, Americans aren't particularly known for waiting patiently in queues!

Happynanny99, Montego Bay has lots to do. We once did a Princess excursion to go river-tubing but it was a little too tame for our tastes. You're tethered together with all the other tubes, so you don't get to spin about. This time we took a cab to Doctor's Cave Beach which has beautiful calm, clear water for swimming and some good shallow reefs for snorkeling. There are water trampolines for fun. Admission was $5 pp, chairs were $5, and umbrellas $4. Large, clean changing rooms with showers. Very good restaurant - the Groovy Grouper.

Forgot to tell you about the guest lecturer onboard, who used to work at NOAA and is an expert on oceanographic matters. My husband went to this afternoon's lecture and was very impressed with the speaker. I believe he's leaving the ship Saturday but hopefully Princess has arranged for another guest speaker.

By the way, do any of you know why Venezuela is half-an-hour ahead of other time zones? We had to change clocks last night, and again tonight.

We noticed at 4:45 that the crew hadn't pulled the gangplank yet, so we assumed some folks were late back to the ship. Turns out that four Princess buses were stuck in a traffic jam on the way back from Caracas. A 45-minute drive turned into a 2-hour drive. Obviously the captain waited, and the passengers all had good stories to tell of their adventure.

Tomorrow in Grenada, we should be able to go ashore around noon. We're meeting up with another snorkeling couple with whom we shared a cab in Antigua. We're doing the same in Grenada, going to Magazine Beach. Too bad it's just half a day here - it's one of my favorite Caribbean islands.

I'll check in tomorrow. Going to sleep on the lovely Sea Princess!

Well, it's our final night aboard Sea Princess and we had a fantastic day. Another day with gorgeous sunshine and blue skies - very warm in Grenada. We grabbed a taxi and were dropped off at Aquarium Restaurant at Magazine Beach. I had read that the snorkeling there was very good. Unfortunately the tide was quite high with breaking waves, so underwater visibility was poor. For anyone interested, I'd definitely try there again as the reef was very nice with a good amount of fish. Our taxi driver gave us his card and we called him to pick us up - he was there waiting for us before we even walked back up to the street. There were four of us and he charged $20 each way for all.

On the way back, he dropped me off at Dot's Plaza because I wanted to get some spices....which I did. My recommendation is to skip Dot's and just buy your spices right at the pier. Prices are slightly better.

Back on board, we packed up our suitcases and put them outside our cabin, where they were whisked away by a crew member within minutes. We have to go to the Vista Lounge at 8:30 a.m. for Barbados immigration. Afterwards, we can relax onboard until about 1:00, then head over to the airport for our 4:30 flight.

We had the best dinner table-mates tonight....one couple from the Midlands, one from Wales and the third from Portsmouth. What fun! We had such good conversation and lots of laughs.

There was a Lotus Spa special today - a Swedish massage for $50....who could resist??!! After fourteen days of swimming and snorkeling, my normally desk-bound legs needed some tender care. I was oiled, kneaded, spritzed, pummeled, massaged, mentholated, wiggled, and stretched until I reached a zen-like state of bliss. My holiday is complete.

All in all, it has been a wonderful cruise. This was my first "Live from..." thread, so thanks for reading my posts. To those of you who will board soon, enjoy! I hope your weather is as good as ours has been.

Bon Voyage!

Nancy

One last bit of info....

We're able to store our carry-on luggage in Razzmatazz Lounge until we leave the ship. That makes it easier to enjoy the decks for a few more hours. Just printed our boarding passes, now down for one last cappuccino and some last looks at the glorious colors of the Caribbean.

Gorgeous weather here in Barbados. We're in very high class company here in port with Regent's Seven Seas Navigator, Seaborne Pride, and Royal Clipper. Beautiful ships!

Have a happy holiday to all.

Archived