AB Mini Suites on Island Princess, all the same Yes or No?

Jimbo

Just wondered if all the Cabins and Balconies are the same on all decks in that Category AB.

Got a great Price on that Category a while ago, don't want to change categories to another Mini Suite Category, because the price went way up since we booked.

Right now we have a Cabin on the Caribe Deck near the The Regular Suites ( PS & PV) toward the aft.

Just wondered if we should maybe consider switching to the Mid Ship Category AB Cabins on the Dolphin Deck ?

Just wondered what you all think and if anyone has pictures comparing the 2 balconies and what is best for a 15 day Hawaii Itinerary, also which side is best to book , port or starboard side. Which has better view when in each port?

Thnaks for you help in advance.

Jimbo:)

We are sailing October 2005, From this picture I found I believe there are cabins directly over your balcony and below and the people above CAN NOT see into your balcony and you will be able to look straight down to the water because all the balconies come out even on the aft portion of this ship.

94895336GXRqyF_ph.jpg

We are wondering though if those Dolphin Deck Category AB Category MID SHIP Balconies have any Private area at all or if the whole balcoony can be seen from above. I know out by the balcony railing you can be seen just wondered if you would happen to sit back by the Slider if you can still be seen from there?

Would love to see a picture of what the view looks like from the cabin out to the balcony and a picture from one step onto the balcony looking up.

• 2 weeks later...

Here is some information I got off another board. These are the cabin numbers and whether or not their balconies are covered, uncovered or partially covered.

Hope this helps

"Coral and Island Princess balcony info.

From Princess Cruise Line.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aloha Deck

A209-310,A416-504,A624-722 uncovered

A311-425 and A506-623 covered

Baja Deck

B205-217; B701-737 uncovered

B218-309; B416-633 partially covered

B311-427; B622-645 covered

Carib Deck

C205-231; C705-726 covered

C232-703 partially covered

C727-728 uncovered

Dolphin Deck

D206-309; D418-502; D624-724 covered

D311-417; D503-623; D725-726 uncovered

Emerald Deck

E207-310; 624-737 covered"

Just wondered if all the Cabins and Balconies are the same on all decks in that Category AB.

Got a great Price on that Category a while ago, don't want to change categories to another Mini Suite Category, because the price went way up since we booked.

Right now we have a Cabin on the Caribe Deck near the The Regular Suites ( PS & PV) toward the aft.

Just wondered if we should maybe consider switching to the Mid Ship Category AB Cabins on the Dolphin Deck ?

Just wondered what you all think and if anyone has pictures comparing the 2 balconies and what is best for a 15 day Hawaii Itinerary, also which side is best to book , port or starboard side. Which has better view when in each port?

Thnaks for you help in advance.

I just booked the Island Princess far ahead 2-20-06.

We booked an AD on the Aloha deck. That is 280 square feet and

what you have is 302 Square feet with a slightly larger balcony than

the AD. Last Feb.04, we did the 15 day to Hawaii on the Regal. The

weather was a little nasty near Hawaii but still a great cruise. I think

your location is good. On a ship as large as the Island Princess any

deck location is OK Happy Cruising Jimbo and many many more.

Fair Winds, Cool Breezes & No Sneezes

Dave & Linda Hansen

We are looking at an AF Mini-Suite for an Alaska Itinerary. It's cheaper by $1000 to the next available category. The only cabins in this category are the 4 very front cabins on both the Caribe and Baja Deck. Are these covered or uincovered on both decks? We would prefer midship but....money counts!!!!

Those Category AF Cabins DO NOT have a balcony, thats why they are so much cheaper.

Dave Hansen, thanks for the info. I think we are going ot stay put where we are inless the prices go way down in another like Mini Suite Category. Caribe Deck aft seems fine to us. The extra walking to the food:) will be good for us.

Thanks

Here is some information I got off another board. These are the cabin numbers and whether or not their balconies are covered, uncovered or partially covered.

Hope this helps

"Coral and Island Princess balcony info.

From Princess Cruise Line.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aloha Deck

A209-310,A416-504,A624-722 uncovered

A311-425 and A506-623 covered QUOTE]

I really wish this list would stop perpuating itself because it is inaccurate. We were in mini suites A503 on the Island and A504 on the Coral and both were 3/4 covered. To answer other poster's question, Almost all of the Dolphin balconies are completely exposed to all the decks above. The exceptions are those Dophin cabins in the bumpout sections. Our cabins were category AD and we loved the location. There was no open deck just above us, so we had privacy in that regard. Hope this helps.

Ok, do I have this right? After reading this thread and several other threads with lots of information (some of it contradicting or talking about a different ship), I think I have it.

For Coral/Island Princess only:

All of the mini-suites are the same size inside except for the Cat. AA on Baja which are approx. 20 sq ft larger.

All mini-suites on Dolphin are UN-covered except those which are under the "bumpout" which are partially covered by the bumpout above.

All mini-suites in the various mid-ship bumpouts on all decks are partially covered, but have smaller balconies.

All mini-suites on Caribe are fully covered except those 727 & 728.

Mini-suites B218 thru B231 on Baja are partially covered but others on Baja are totally uncovered.

Trying to decide the trade-offs for Alaska, booking soon.

Thanks

Does anyone know for sure if Caribe 717 on the Island Princess is covered or not? Going with my husband who really should not be in the sun. Anyone know how big the balcony is? It is a AB classification. Thanks, Fran
C717 is partly covered - perhaps 25%. We were in C531 (BA category) and could look back and see a partial overhang of Baja deck over those aft cabins.

BTW we loved our BA balcony which was half-covered - gave us plenty of privacy and enough shade whenever we wanted it.

ell

Thanks Jimbo!! Guess we'll be choosing a different mini!! I think I'd like to try the corner C416, C417...or even C504 or C503!! The other "corner" ones are full. Anybody have any pics of a corner balcony on the "hump" up close??

Jimbo - What Cabin have you got booked on the aft bump of Caribe deck? I think that cabin will be both covered / partially covered and larger than the exposed cabins on the Dolphin deck

Flowy - If you wait until February, I can give you (and Jimbo, who I owe a favour) a full update on that cabin as I will be in it 2.18.05.

I beleive these aft cabins on the bump out on the Caribe deck are partially covered providing plenty of shelter from the sun.

We are in Cabin C706 right next to the Category PS Suite........What makes you think the cabin is larger then the ones on the Dolphin deck ? I thought the cabins themselves were all the same size inside no matter which Category Mini- Suite you booked.

We just came back from the Island and Hawaii. Our cabin was way forward, on Dolphin Deck, Starboard, D-313. Our side of the ship had a water view :D It also was the best side of the ship for the passing of Kilauea Volcano. It was the side where you could see the volcano erupting from your own balcony.

Fern

Our side of the ship had a water view :D It also was the best side of the ship for the passing of Kilauea Volcano. It was the side where you could see the volcano erupting from your own balcony.

Fern

What do you mean by saying you had the water view? Do you mean at every port you stopped at you were always on the water side and never on the side viewing the port? Please explain? Right now we are on the port side we have time to switch sides if need be.

Thanks

regarding the poster who said their cabin had a water view, reminds me of the cruiser who boarded the ship, went to their cabin and were very upset with the cabin they were assigned to. They go down to the pursers office and raise the roof complaining that they had spent big time money for an ocean view cabin and all they can see is the parking lot.

There are advantages for both port and starboard sides. We just returned from Hawaii and had B222 (fully covered by the way) which is port. Starboard is definitely the side for viewing volcano activity from your balcony, but we liked port because that was the side next to the dock and the side from which the tenders were launched, so we could watch the crowd and tell when it was not so crowded to go down and get off

There are advantages for both port and starboard sides. We just returned from Hawaii and had B222 (fully covered by the way) which is port. Starboard is definitely the side for viewing volcano activity from your balcony, but we liked port because that was the side next to the dock and the side from which the tenders were launched, so we could watch the crowd and tell when it was not so crowded to go down and get off

A little confused here, are you viewing this volcano activity when you are just sitting there at one of the ports or are you viewing this when the ship is sailing from one port to the other? Like would we be just seeing this from our balcony for like 45 minutes as we are sailing by or for hours at a time if we are dicoked there? Also this viewing is it done during the day or at night? Just wonder how much you can really see anyway if it's during the day time?

Might be some stupid questions here but have never been to Hawaii so I might have alot more..LOL

The ship departed Hilo around 6:00 pm. An announcement was made that you could probably view volcanic activity on the starboard side around 10:00. We were just too tired to go up on deck for the viewing, but the next day wished we had. Friends we met on board told us they were on their balcony and all you could see was blackness, but then as they neared the volcano you could see the red lava flowing down the mountain almost all the way to the sea. They said it was a good show.

Even numbers are on the Port side of the ship...........left side looking toward the bow, easy way to remember which side is port, port has 4 letters like the word Left...........

Starboard is the right side of ship which has odd numbered cabins.

Caribe 717 is on the starboard side

Hope this helps

Archived