AB Mini Suites on Island Princess, all the same Yes or No?

Jimbo

"Even numbers are on the Port side of the ship...........left side looking toward the bow, easy way to remember which side is port, port has 4 letters like the word Left..........."

Yes, and it was so nice to get off the elevator and look for that red stripe down the hall which indicated port side as opposed to all blue which indicated starboard

If you can change and still get a cabin that you are satisfied with, I'd change to Starboard. The "water view" was a joke, but you will see most of the ports better from that side (except where you tender, and also Ensenada, but who cares?), and also you can see Kilauea Volcano from the Starboard side. It was between 10 & 11 PM when we passed, so cabin viewing was great. Everybody went out on their balconies and closed their draperies and watched the show in total darkness. We could see about five separate flow patterns.

When we docked in Waikiki, there was a "Boat Day" welcoming group on the dock. They played music, danced, and shouted "Aloha" to us for about a half hour. If I'd have been on the Port side (or asleep), I'd have missed it.

This is a change of subject, but our ship allowed people to get off in Ensenada for a couple of hours, from 4PM to 7:30PM. I didn't want to, but some folks got off and at least went as far as the "flea market" stuff set up near the docks.

Fern

Hi, everyone.

Sounds like alot of people know these ships well.

We will be on the Coral in June and we have a balcony on the port side. We are doing an Inside Passage from Vancouver to Whittier. I guess most of the time we will be facing toward the ocean side. Would it be worthwhile to bug the TA to get me on starboard for this cruise?

Hi, everyone.

Sounds like alot of people know these ships well.

We will be on the Coral in June and we have a balcony on the port side. We are doing an Inside Passage from Vancouver to Whittier. I guess most of the time we will be facing toward the ocean side. Would it be worthwhile to bug the TA to get me on starboard for this cruise?

You could or you could sneak out the rear door on the Caribe deck and enjoy your own personal balcony where you can see both sides and the back all at once.. Makes for a great view especially in glacier bay.. Very few people will be there. On our alaska cruise on the Coral only two other people we there. They were on a lounger bundled up under a blanket.. It is so quiet back there.. :)

We just booked the Island for 2/20/06. We have Cat AB on Caribe Cabin 727.

I know this cabin is uncovered which is fine with us. Just wondering if anyone else would book this cabin? Who can really see into our balcony from up-above?

We just booked the Island for 2/20/06. We have Cat AB on Caribe Cabin 727.

I know this cabin is uncovered which is fine with us. Just wondering if anyone else would book this cabin? Who can really see into our balcony from up-above?

WE have Caribe 727 for the 2/3/05 cruise and will let you know how it was upon our return.

oh my .... think i have it down then start reading more post LOL ! anyone ... if u please, help w/ my specifics :

alaska southbound on coral 7/2/05 . have mini. cat AB, #412 {midship @ good price :) } i know NOW this is uncovered balcony on the port side........

my questions ...... 1} is port side preferable for glacier viewing as i 1st thought ?

2} should i change for covered balcony for july alaska . we like to sit on the balcony ALOT . {this might mean a smaller balcony , not mid ship and/or on starboard side }

thanks in advance for any help !

DONNALAKA:

We've sailed in Alaska twice, once South bound and once a round trip out of Vancouver. Normally, on a Southbound itinerary the Port side is considered the most desirable due to having almost constant land views. North bound is the just opposite, with the Starboard side being preferred. On a round trip itinerary, either side is good. As far as for glacier viewing, I've only seen Hubbard from the ship, but it didn't matter which side you were on because the Captain will turn the ship in circles so everyone will have a great view regardless of where you're standing.

Archived