Wow--opinions on a review of the sky

jrs101

Holy guacamole batman, there's complaining and then there's COMPLAINING.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=49693

I am not pro or against NCL but I do take exception to peoples posts that are just over the top. When someone states they've been on several cruises, then complains that there was no clock in the room, you know they're excessive on the complaining circuit. Nitpicking.

What I am is a semi-regular cruiser, about once a year, for the last 5-6 yrs and someone who edits out minor annoyances and only calls out over the top concerns/complaints/complainers.

That being said, I'm recently started catching up on NCL sky news/tr as I have an upcoming one in jan. And, it was only 219 for a BA --aft balc-- so i don't expect Celebrity for rediculously low prices. If you knew what I was paying at mia intercontinental hotel for the 2 nights pre-cruise, and i'm sure some of you already do know, you'd expect over the top service, but heck i'm paying 55.00 / night in an aft balcony , that's stupid cheap.

Don't worry all, I will be looking into every point in the above review and other reviews and be reporting back. I might even be shocked and see that she is right, well except for the in room clock, becuase i've never had one ON ANY CRUISE.

now let the flaming begin, i'm made of asbestos, so bring it on.

take care,

jrs101

carnival x 3

celebrity x 1

ncl x 1 (+1 in jan 2009)

royal carribean x 1

I'm with you my friend. have you ever noticed that the people who complain like this usually never have evidence to back it up. If I had such a bad experience I would have documented it with photo's and posted them. I'm sure corporate HQ would take complaints far more seriously. Some people don't have anything else better to do than complain because it makes them feel important. I'm a glass half full kind of person and love to dwell on the good things. The OP definately went overboard IMHO

Okay I will bite!

We sailed on the Sky at the end of November. WONDERFUL! Will not hesitate to board( quickly at that) again.

Here are my only minor disappointments.

Cagney's was a bit sub par on the night we dined. Steaks were so-so and service crawled. Le Bistro blew us away, and the dining rooms were great as well.

We missed every show.

Could be because we were enjoying our relaxed pleasant dining experiences.Of course we could have scheduled those meals earlier had that been important...

Sorry, we can't play the game too much. Our trip was great. We will be back!

WOW,

Going on the Sky in 3 days, can't wait, I am all packed and ready to board.

I have printed this review so I can check these things out for myself. I am planning on Cagney's for dinner on Friday, don't care what time we have to eat. And will be at the port at 11 so I can be one of the first onboard. LET THE VACATION BEGIN

• Administrators

I learned everything I need to know about the credibility to give that reviewer when I read she was sailing with a special needs child and required special accommodations at the Kid's Club for the child -- but didn't bother letting anyone know that until after she'd boarded the ship, and then was miffed that she couldn't be accommodated!! Good gravy!

We sailed the cruise immediately before her. Yes, there were a few things that could have been better, but overall we really enjoyed our 4 night cruise.

The food wasn't great, but I will take exception with one complaint about the buffet, the choice of lettuces/greens for salads on this ship was probably the best I've ever seen. The choice of dressing was lacking. And the buffet the day we boarded was actually very good, a nice carved roast, selection of cheeses, great salad.

WOW,

Going on the Sky in 3 days, can't wait, I am all packed and ready to board.

I have printed this review so I can check these things out for myself. I am planning on Cagney's for dinner on Friday, don't care what time we have to eat. And will be at the port at 11 so I can be one of the first onboard. LET THE VACATION BEGIN

Well.. as I said before, it said more about her than anything else. Standing at the reservations desk demanding they give her the reservation that she wanted. You can tell she is one of those that thinks they are owed everything and to hell with anyone else. You have to wonder how many times servers have spit in her food.. LOL

OMG.. LOL.. has anyone else gone and read her other reviews of other cruises?? LOL..

On one the cruise was ruined because it was her birthday and she was not given a "Happy Birthday" card by Princess cruiseline in her stateroom...

The one review she said was not a "negative" review, out of 21 paragraphs, she complains about the cruise with the exception of three paragraphs. LOL..

This lady is a work of art.

I agree, Terry. And to the OP, No flames here. I especially loved this comment made by dameofspace (a space-case indeed):

"So we went and canceled our hard earned reservation for steakhouse the next night and said good bye to any time alone for my husband and I on this cruise."

Husband say's "Whew!"

I also thought this was a relevant comment:

"We went on the deck and longingly looked at disappearing Miami skyline and said in unison: "Is it too late to get off this ship?"

If I were standing next to them on the deck and overheard their question, I would have said, "Late, Schmate... Jump!"

hey leanne im going to be on the sky this friday too (if thats the day your talking about!) my mom is coming with my brother and I and shes looking for someone to talk to while I hang with my brother...write back maybe you can meet her on board!

Have you read some of the reviews of the other lines/ships doing (or set to be doing) the Bahamas itinerary? There are some one and two star reviews of the Celebrity, Carnival and RCI ships on this circuit. There were even some shocking comments made by the official CC reviewer of the Celebrity Century (very poor service) that were backed up by several negative member reviews.

The moral of this story...with a million different cruisers, you'll have a million different perspectives. If I'm not likely to agree with a neighbor's choice of restaurants, home decor, landscaping, etc., why would I necessarily think I would agree with their assessment of a cruise?

Just a thought...

We left Loon Mtn yesterday morning with temps below zero without adding in the windchill. Any ship to anywhere appeals to me in that weather.

I am actually looking forward to rain and temps near 60 tomorrow.

Can't wait to board NCL Sky in March.

I, like LEAFPEEPER am stuck in the NE enduring freezing temps. I would LOVE to be able to cruise from FLA on late notice. Therefore,I find myself perusing these boards and dreaming of sun and suntans. I am very interested in booking a 4-day on the SKY in January. The rates are incredible! After reading this review, I dismissed it as a "sour grapes" reaction to the poster's requests (i.e. She wrote about waiting in line forever to make reservations for dinner at the steakhouse and then having to cancel because NCL wouldn't agree to accept their mildly handicapped child in the youth program while they dined . . .and then wrote in another review about not being meat eaters); and no birthday note or cake delivered at dinner? Come on. We're all adults here. I realize that there are "good" cruises and "not-so-good-cruises" (and thank goodness, I've never had one of the latter), but to read this woman's multiple reviews, she's had her share of AWFUL cruises. She doesn't dwell on one cruise line, either. She trashed RCCL, too. If I were her, I'd hang it up. Spend money on a time share or resort vacation or something that would ensure she is 5-star entertained, served beverages, wished "Happy Birthday", and her kids are babysat while she enjoys her "rise". Very difficult to read and take her seriously. Happy cruising all!!! I am still dreaming of booking SKY . . .

"We went on the deck and longingly looked at disappearing Miami skyline and said in unison: "Is it too late to get off this ship?"

If I were standing next to them on the deck and overheard their question, I would have said, "Late, Schmate... Jump!"

You are so much kinder then I. I'm afraid I would have given a little push. :D

CG

Oh my goodness I thought I was the only one who noticed how silly that review was I got through some of it and couldn't believe how someone could complain about things that wouldn't even really matter to me....i'm thankful to go on so many Cruises just to get a way. A vacation is what you make of it.

I don't recall a clock being in a stateroom on all the Cruises i've been on...either on the phone or just TURN ON YOUR TV....you can see the time there..there's wake up call if you really need to get up at a certain time...they don't want clocks in the room, they do that on purpose your on vacation and they don't want you to care about the time.

You are so much kinder then I. I'm afraid I would have given a little push. :D

CG

I wanted to write that last night and I couldn't get the page to load up! I was thinking something like "You're not that far away from the shore, how well do you swim??":p

Oh my goodness I thought I was the only one who noticed how silly that review was I got through some of it and couldn't believe how someone could complain about things that wouldn't even really matter to me....i'm thankful to go on so many Cruises just to get a way. A vacation is what you make of it.

I don't recall a clock being in a stateroom on all the Cruises i've been on...either on the phone or just TURN ON YOUR TV....you can see the time there..there's wake up call if you really need to get up at a certain time...they don't want clocks in the room, they do that on purpose your on vacation and they don't want you to care about the time.

I did learn from this cruise we need to take our travel clock with us, but it was more because the wake up ring was very shrill and because I have a problem with my left ear balancing mechanism, it sort of set off my vertigo a little (and I didn't blame NCL because it is completely MY problem!), but I have to agree.....I guess it never ceases to amaze me how many things can be complained about. There isn't a cruise line forum that I have read so far that there isn't someone that can find something wrong with everything. It really says a lot about their personality.:eek: I can say this from experience, life is way too short for that sort of negativity!

I wanted to write that last night and I couldn't get the page to load up! I was thinking something like "You're not that far away from the shore, how well do you swim??":p

I did learn from this cruise we need to take our travel clock with us, but it was more because the wake up ring was very shrill and because I have a problem with my left ear balancing mechanism, it sort of set off my vertigo a little (and I didn't blame NCL because it is completely MY problem!), but I have to agree.....I guess it never ceases to amaze me how many things can be complained about. There isn't a cruise line forum that I have read so far that there isn't someone that can find something wrong with everything. It really says a lot about their personality.:eek: I can say this from experience, life is way too short for that sort of negativity!

Yup, most people don't get to travel a lot, people need to learn to appreciate things.

I,She doesn't dwell on one cruise line, either. She trashed RCCL, too. If I were her, I'd hang it up. Spend money on a time share or resort vacation or something that would ensure she is 5-star entertained, served beverages, wished "Happy Birthday", and her kids are babysat while she enjoys her "rise". Very difficult to read and take her seriously. Happy cruising all!!! I am still dreaming of booking SKY . . .

I agree,maybe she should stick to disney vacations where she can play with mickey mouse....:D

If she's SO concerned about knowing what time it is in the middle of the night, why doesn't she own a watch?????

Archived